White: Aldo is refusing to fight Pettis

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
UFC president Dana White says featherweight champion Jose Aldo (22-1) is refusing to give Anthony Pettis (16-2) a title shot. The UFC have already announced the fight, with Pettis opting to drop to 145lbs despite securing a shot at the 155lbs bout vs Benson Henderson (18-2). Speaking to reporters after UFC 157, White said it would be in Aldo's best interests to take the fight.

"Jose Aldo came out and said, ‘there's no way in hell I'm fighting Pettis. He's absolutely refusing to fight Pettis - doesn't think he deserves the shot. (Aldo's manager, Andre Pederneiras) sat down with me and Lorenzo and he said, 'we don't think he deserves it.' I said, ‘What do you mean, you don't think he deserves it?' I said, ‘Are you out of your **** mind? Are you serious, did you seriously just ask that question?' It's like if Aldo wanted to move up to 155lbs, we're going to say he's not the No. 1 contender? What are you talking about. That fight's on ... He's going to fight Pettis or he's not going to like how this is going to turn out."

From MMA Lives Here
Post edited by MMALivesHere on
Tagged:

Comments

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    My respect for Aldo just went up way more, kudos to him, Pettis doesn't deserve it.
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    dana cuts aldo.

fans pretend it doesnt matter.
    joeyp1 said:

dana cuts aldo.

fans pretend it doesnt matter.

Sure he might be No. 1 in the division, but he's on the downside to number 1 just like Fitch at 9
  • Aldo is dicktucking since Pettis doesn't have fear of leg kicks.
    My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text

Aldo is dicktucking since Pettis doesn't have fear of leg kicks.

he won't need to when Aldo knees him into oblivion
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,182Free
    LOLOLOLOL!!! He duckin'. He scurred like Bendo.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Pettis is the one who ducked Bendo, he was so scared that he dropped a division.

Your post makes no sense
    Ducked Bendo by beating him..Okay..YOUR post made no sense. He wanted the tougher fight so he dropped down to fight Aldo. Someone who he hasn't beaten yet. Come on son. I thought you had grasped this concept!!! But it seems like both of them is scurred and they duckin'. I am disappoint at how fearful people are of Showtime. So disappoint. The man just wants to be UFC champ. Is that too much to ask?!
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Pettis is the one who ducked Bendo, he was so scared that he dropped a division.

Your post makes no sense
    Ducked Bendo by beating him..Okay..YOUR post made no sense. He wanted the tougher fight so he dropped down to fight Aldo. Someone who he hasn't beaten yet. Come on son. I thought you had grasped this concept!!! But it seems like both of them is scurred and they duckin'. I am disappoint at how fearful people are of Showtime. So disappoint. The man just wants to be UFC champ. Is that too much to ask?!
    the UFC told Pettishe was fighting Bendo next (since he will beat Melendez easily) and he decided to change weight class to avoid the fight,

he was so scared the first fight he was jumping trying to escape the cage, didn't you see it?
    Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense
    the UFC told Pettishe was fighting Bendo next (since he will beat Melendez easily) and he decided to change weight class to avoid the fight,

he was so scared the first fight he was jumping trying to escape the cage, didn't you see it?
    Re-read what I posted cuz you's trollin'. [-(
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

he ducked a fight and weight division, and when Aldo hits him so hard he soils himself he'll lose enough weight to cut down to 135
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,820Free
    Not surprising

Aldo just fought a dude on a 2 fight losing streak

Why fight another guy that's ranked 9 or 10 in a weight class above him

Makes no sense to do it
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,091Free
    good on him! **** Dana and **** Pettis. #1 contender in one division doesn't mean #1 contender in others. Unless you're Frankie Edtard

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

edited February 2013
    WarWest said:

Not surprising

Makes no sense to do it

exactly, Guida is much more deserving than Pettis since he beat him to a bloody pulp back in 2011(not that I condone Guida ever getting a title shot)
    Post edited by Jbrahams on
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 969Free
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense
    It is too much for someone with **** TDD to ask, yes. He is the one ducking Bendo by dropping to a new division and jumping the real contenders at a weight he's never even fought at.

Exciting matchup, but Pettis needs to earn his shot not try to Frankie his way to the front of the line.
    Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

he ducked a fight and weight division, and when Aldo hits him so hard he soils himself he'll lose enough weight to cut down to 135
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

my jimmies aren't rustled, you're the one who has an alert on their computer to notify you whenever someone says something negative about Pettis or Roufussports
    edited February 2013
    Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

my jimmies aren't rustled, you're the one who has an alert on their computer to notify you whenever someone says something negative about Pettis or Roufussports
    Post edited by Za1994 on
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

posting motivational pictures to yourself again I see

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

As WarWest would say. Hook. Line. And sinker.
    I'm out ****!
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    What an entitled little ****. Who the **** do you think you are, Anderson Silva? You're **** out for a year sitting on your belt, getting into stupid accidents, couldn't even finish your last fight, and you wanna call the shots? How much do you think you draw, meng?

Can't wait till Pettis kicks his head off.
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

I'm out ****!
    You're so mad when you have no more comebacks that you post these images as some sort of consolation for yourself, better luck next time buddy.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Jbrahams said:

Za1994 said:

Your post makes no sense

I'm out ****!
    How many of those Memes do you have?

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • McLovin152McLovin152 Posts: 136Free
    Since when is it ok for fighters to jump weight classes and not have to prove themselves in that weight class? Anderson Silva couldn't even get a title shot when he went up to 205. He had to start off with the bottom rung guy that he just destroyed. And Silva is the P4P king. Aldo had to earn his shot in that division. All of the challengers had to earn their fight with him. Why does everyone think he's scared because he feels someone else should have to earn the shot as well.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free

Since when is it ok for fighters to jump weight classes and not have to prove themselves in that weight class? Anderson Silva couldn't even get a title shot when he went up to 205. He had to start off with the bottom rung guy that he just destroyed. And Silva is the P4P king. Aldo had to earn his shot in that division. All of the challengers had to earn their fight with him. Why does everyone think he's scared because he feels someone else should have to earn the shot as well.

Are you out of your mind? If Anderson wanted the LHW title, they would bend over backwards to make that fight happen ASAP. He dabbles in 205 for giggles and wants nothing to do with the title picture out of respect for Lyoto and Lil Nog. If a P4P fighter wants to jump weight classes, he's getting an automatic title shot. Make no mistake about it.
  • verJJverJJ Posts: 3,993Free
    "What ehh ver the UFC want.."
    Wrist deep in your Grandma's cookie jar

Bet Record: 23-4, 1NC

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Anyone who thinks he is doing to because he doesn't think he has earned the right is deluded. This is a dangerous fight for Aldo and his team know it, no one in that division is as tough a fight for him.
    2) Aldo does not fear Pettis. He would fight at 170 with no fear.
    3) Chad Mendes, Lamas or the Korean Zombie are more deserving if you only check out the division when you book the fight. You can make a case for Cub Swanson.
    4) Pettis is a tougher matchup than all of them though. And if he wants to drop weight, should be ranked in front of them

So Aldo is wrong, get the fight going.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,820Free
    WarWest said:

Not surprising

Makes no sense to do it

This ^^^
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine