What were people booing Machida for

FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
is that cuz they're retarded? I don't know..

Fight was good. Lyoto won fair and square what a bunch of bums.
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

    is that cuz they're retarded? I don't know..

    Fight was good. Lyoto won fair and square what a bunch of bums.

    You really thought the fight was good?

    hate aside, there was very little action until the last couple minutes of the 3rd.
    image




    All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    I would call the fight "interesting" if anything. I wasn't necessarily bored during the fight because I was on my toes thinking that any minute Lyoto might land that front kick or Hendo land the H-bomb

    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • They mistook his elusiveness for being a boring as !@#$ runner.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Jbrahams said:

    I would call the fight "interesting" if anything. I wasn't necessarily bored during the fight because I was on my toes thinking that any minute Lyoto might land that front kick or Hendo land the H-bomb

    But try re-watching it.

    "Not a good fight, but a tense one" - Joe Rogan, I forget which fight he said this but it sums up the difference between live fights and reruns.
    image




    All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    edited February 2013

    is that cuz they're retarded? I don't know..

    Fight was good. Lyoto won fair and square what a bunch of bums.

    there is U-S-A-!-!-!

    and not U-S-A-!-!-!

    he is clearly not U-S-A-!-!-!

    what part of this do you not understand bud,

    love it or leave it.

    commie.
    Post edited by joeyp1 on
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    Bandura said:

    Jbrahams said:

    I would call the fight "interesting" if anything. I wasn't necessarily bored during the fight because I was on my toes thinking that any minute Lyoto might land that front kick or Hendo land the H-bomb

    But try re-watching it.

    "Not a good fight, but a tense one" - Joe Rogan, I forget which fight he said this but it sums up the difference between live fights and reruns.
    I don't understand? Why would i rewatch the fight? I thought it was interesting because it was live, rewatching it will take that away, and that doesn't change my opinion of the fight. I wouldn't call it an entertaining fight, but I was defintely interested when watching it.

    Rogan summed it up well
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Jbrahams said:

    Bandura said:

    Jbrahams said:

    I would call the fight "interesting" if anything. I wasn't necessarily bored during the fight because I was on my toes thinking that any minute Lyoto might land that front kick or Hendo land the H-bomb

    But try re-watching it.

    "Not a good fight, but a tense one" - Joe Rogan, I forget which fight he said this but it sums up the difference between live fights and reruns.
    I don't understand? Why would i rewatch the fight? I thought it was interesting because it was live, rewatching it will take that away, and that doesn't change my opinion of the fight. I wouldn't call it an entertaining fight, but I was defintely interested when watching it.

    Rogan summed it up well
    I meant that you wouldnt want to re watch it. we're not really disagreeing right now.
    image




    All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    Bandura said:

    Jbrahams said:

    Bandura said:

    Jbrahams said:

    I would call the fight "interesting" if anything. I wasn't necessarily bored during the fight because I was on my toes thinking that any minute Lyoto might land that front kick or Hendo land the H-bomb

    But try re-watching it.

    "Not a good fight, but a tense one" - Joe Rogan, I forget which fight he said this but it sums up the difference between live fights and reruns.
    I don't understand? Why would i rewatch the fight? I thought it was interesting because it was live, rewatching it will take that away, and that doesn't change my opinion of the fight. I wouldn't call it an entertaining fight, but I was defintely interested when watching it.

    Rogan summed it up well
    I meant that you wouldnt want to re watch it. we're not really disagreeing right now.
    yeah fair enough, it was a weird fight, if they weren't named Hendo and Machida then the crowd would have booed a lot more
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Jbrahams said:

    Bandura said:

    Jbrahams said:

    Bandura said:

    Jbrahams said:

    I would call the fight "interesting" if anything. I wasn't necessarily bored during the fight because I was on my toes thinking that any minute Lyoto might land that front kick or Hendo land the H-bomb

    But try re-watching it.

    "Not a good fight, but a tense one" - Joe Rogan, I forget which fight he said this but it sums up the difference between live fights and reruns.
    I don't understand? Why would i rewatch the fight? I thought it was interesting because it was live, rewatching it will take that away, and that doesn't change my opinion of the fight. I wouldn't call it an entertaining fight, but I was defintely interested when watching it.

    Rogan summed it up well
    I meant that you wouldnt want to re watch it. we're not really disagreeing right now.
    yeah fair enough, it was a weird fight, if they weren't named Hendo and Machida then the crowd would have booed a lot more
    Yep
    image




    All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free
    Lyoto nor Hendo put eachother to sleep... but they sure put me to sleep. I missed the Rousey vs Carm fight cause of them. Darnit.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Well i think they were booing the fight not just Lyoto,i definitely would blame Hendo before i blame Lyoto.
    Furthermore that is EXACTLY the way 99% of the fans and Dana should have known that fight would go.The counter striker versus the one punch wonder.
    I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that Lyoto was going to revert back to his old counter striking form where he almost never commits and he did.Hendo as EXPECTED looked like a total bum,the guy has only one play and if that play can't be met he is lost.Even when Lyoto slipped and he got him down,he couldn't do anything with it.
    What is disappointing is that this division is so weak ,Lyoto is going to get another shot.Although Lytoto held is own on the ground,he wasn't exactly defending from a ground expert,Hendo is a bum on the ground.Point is that L:yoto has a very weak ground game,he also is a one trick pony,using that elusive counter strike stance to never commit and hope your opponent gets bored and starts chasing you.

    Even funnier is when Rogan said Hendo should wait and let Lyoto to come to him....ROFLMAO,if he did that there would have been zero action,zero strikes,Lyoto wasn't going to commit and i knew it.
    One last disappointing fact on that poor performance called a fight was that it was a 3 rounder.What kind of joke is that,this was suppose to be a lead up fight to a championship,it NEEDED to prove both can handle a 5 round fight.I feel it was liek the UFC was afraid of Hendo looking awful in a 5 rounder,so they gave Hendo a handicap.Still retarded,it woldl be a 5 rounder in the title fight,you had better test him before he looks like a fool in the title fight.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    **** zaksame you're very sharp this week!! keep it!!

    i also mention that its going to the distance because hendo's titaniumchin...

    cmon guys we all were waiting 2 things:

    H BOMB KO
    LYOTO counter KO TKO

    at least me, i was at the edge for 15 mins waiting that... it wasnt a exciting fight because hendo's lack of tools, but it was a PRETTY TECHNICAL MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FIGHT! and i love MARTIAL ARTS so it was a 7/10 fight!

    In my eyes lyoto was the clear winner...
    thanks god im less stupid now!

    image
  • MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,220Free
    because he didnt fight and ran
    image

  • Skywalker_StyleAwkwardSkywalker_StyleAwkward Posts: 240Registered Users
    Because for some weird unknown **** reason, people actually thought that he'd be able to get close enough to JBJ to land that H Bomb. Then they got a reality check from someone who doesn't have brooms for limbs
    [ D e v i | s A d v O c a t 3 ]



    The Emperor will return...
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,197Free
    Because he ran
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free
    Hendo was just as hesitant to engage...people just mad Hendo lost.
    image
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,197Free

    Hendo was just as hesitant to engage...people just mad Hendo lost.

    Good point, its not like Hendo rushed him 100 times or anything.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    CarnGOAT killing it.

    They were booing because Lyoto ran and threw an average of less than 2 strikes per round.
    image
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free

    Hendo was just as hesitant to engage...people just mad Hendo lost.

    Good point, its not like Hendo rushed him 100 times or anything.....
    lol, rushed him 100 times....thats funny.

    More like threw an over hand right every now and then from way out.

    His face was still all marked up and had a nice shiner post presser.
    image
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    please refer to fight metrics...

    kinda FUNNY seeing HENDO winning in the kicks departaments....

    rewatch the fight this morning, machida 1-2-3...
    thanks god im less stupid now!

    image
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,197Free

    Hendo was just as hesitant to engage...people just mad Hendo lost.

    Good point, its not like Hendo rushed him 100 times or anything.....
    lol, rushed him 100 times....thats funny.

    More like threw an over hand right every now and then from way out.

    His face was still all marked up and had a nice shiner post presser.
    Overeem's face was cut up after his fight with Brock, does that mean he lost that fight? (well he did juice so I guess he lost anyways but still)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free

    Hendo was just as hesitant to engage...people just mad Hendo lost.

    Good point, its not like Hendo rushed him 100 times or anything.....
    lol, rushed him 100 times....thats funny.

    More like threw an over hand right every now and then from way out.

    His face was still all marked up and had a nice shiner post presser.
    Overeem's face was cut up after his fight with Brock, does that mean he lost that fight? (well he did juice so I guess he lost anyways but still)
    the difference is Hendo actually lost this fight and Overeem won.
    image
  • Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    **** fight.
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    Lyoto threw an average of 9 strikes per round, which is less than 2 strikes per minute. He was on bottom the whole third rd, Hendo was the aggressor with octagon control, Hendo landed kicks as well. Lyoto got a gift decision.
    image
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    ok, so now the average its per minute... any other change?

    maybe the "whole" 3rd round "gnp"?

    i can measure how much time spend hendo on the ground doing nothing...
    thanks god im less stupid now!

    image
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    Pablosky said:

    ok, so now the average its per minute... any other change?

    maybe the "whole" 3rd round "gnp"?

    i can measure how much time spend hendo on the ground doing nothing...

    Dan was trying his best to create space but Lyoto was doing his typical stalling by holding on for dear life from the bottom. Didn't attempt anything offensively because he knew if he opened up Dan would have sent an H-bomb from guard through his piss face.
    image
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,655Free
    He pulled a Condit

    /Thread
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited February 2013
    he is intentionally making fights boring. yeah its his strategy blah blah blah but its just about as entertaining as an STD. if i didnt know any better i would assume he trains with greg jackson.

    its starting to piss me off. its like getting on your bike and riding it backwards the entire fight just so you dont get hit. it makes it look like you dont even want to compete. the only way to do anything about that kind of ridiculousness is to just hold the guy to the ground and give him nowhere to run. even if you dont even want him there. what else can you do against a guy whos just going to back away every time you try to go forward and wont let you get near him? hold out a pop bottle of his own piss and hope that gets him to come forward?

    runners are destroying the fight game. it never used to be about glorified point fighting.
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
    image
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    WarWest said:

    He pulled a Condit

    /Thread

    He didnt throw 63 strikes per round and smash an overrated can with punches and kicks to the face.
    image
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    edited February 2013
    all depends on his opponent but like kos, fitch, riddle, couture and many other fighters, if he can beat them using a safe boring style he will do, if he cant then it will be more exciting. hendos chin proved to be to much for machida and the fear of his right hand meant machida had to fight smart.

    but to me machida is an interesting fighter and one i dont find boring in the slightest.


    machida knows he will win if he backpedals and counter strikes, his opponent also know machida will win if they stand infront of him and let machida get off first.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion
    image
    image


Sign In or Register to comment.