So UFC 157 Was My First Event

NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
UFC 157 was the first live event I attended today. Man, what an experience. We got there just in time to see Roberton's nasty kneebar. Wasn't able to get any pics, unfortunately. But I saw Bubba and Luke Barnatt from TUF 17 while walking back to my car after the fights were over. The two guys sitting next to us didn't show up until the main card started, idiots!! They missed the FOTN!! I don't understand why people do that, you never know what kind of fight you'll miss.

It was a great crowd, good atmosphere. I'm surprised at the amount of cheering Liz Carmouche received before and during the fight. But after the fight she got a great ovation, and deserved it for almost finishing Ronda. Everyone was super pumped, actually it seemed like the crowd was more pumped for Main event than the co-main. It was awesome!!

Totally worth going to. Despite the disappointing co main fight, the main event and Bermudez/Grice fight made my night. Will do it again when I save up some money. My goal is to go to UFC 160 in Vegas. Will be the closest one here to California I can go to. I'm sure those who have gone to events know the type of experience. I loved it. Can't wait to go to another one!
Post edited by NyteRyder on
2013 Predictions League: 231-142
Forum Etiquette Guide
The Questions Thread
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    edited February 2013
    Awesome man

Sounds like it was a lot of fun
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free
    edited February 2013
    WarWest said:

Awesome man

Sounds like it was a lot of fun

hell yeah.

I'd pay to Ronda fight again, given the undercard is good too. Her fights are great.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    Also, Bruce Buffer is a beast!! I like how he introduces the ref for the fight while walking out of the cage. He's basically already in his chair and is like "and the referee in charge of the octagon..." haha. beast.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • verJJverJJ Posts: 3,994Free
    so how much better is a live event
    Wrist deep in your Grandma's cookie jar

Bet Record: 23-4, 1NC

edited February 2013
    Way better. And I don't even think I got the full experience because I didn't go early enough to meet some fighters who were doing autograph signings and getting pics with them.

The only thing that sucks is when it goes to the ground, you can't really see what's going on so you have to watch the big screen. But it's really a minor issue; it's still good. Crowd gets loud, and you get to see everyone's entrance. Only thing that was weird was not hearing Rogan and Goldberg. But this could be a plus to some people lol
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • UFCDynastyUFCDynasty Posts: 2,469Free
    This wasn't my first event (been to 2 in denver) but it was the best event I've ever been too so far. Wish I had a little lower or higher seats the damn cage blocked my view a bit. The energy was great in the arena tonight and Machida and Shaub deserved to be booed the hell outta there after that ****. I hate when fighters are tentative like that. I hate that style nor will I ever use that style myself in the cage.
    Pariah MMA- Amateur Fighter, Colorado Springs CO

Ellenberger

Bendo

Cerrone

Condit

Bader

Diaz

This wasn't my first event (been to 2 in denver) but it was the best event I've ever been too so far. Wish I had a little lower or higher seats the damn cage blocked my view a bit. The energy was great in the arena tonight and Machida and Shaub deserved to be booed the hell outta there after that ****. I hate when fighters are tentative like that. I hate that style nor will I ever use that style myself in the cage.

I was on the top tier, but like the 4th or 5th row from the bottom, so I had a good aerial view and it wasn't obstructed at all. It didn't even feel far away.

The energy was great. That was the best part of it, which is what I enjoyed most, compared to watching it on t.v. The Bermudez/Grice fight was great, favorite part aside from the main event.
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • UFCDynastyUFCDynasty Posts: 2,469Free
    verJJ said:

so how much better is a live event

It all depends on your seats. 1st level you want to be in the rows 1-4 from the bottom or you wanna be near the top a little or you'll get a view of the top of the cage cutting the fighters heads off. Floor seats could suck if you got someone really tall in front of you because you're all sitting at the same level. I haven't tried it yet but I think I'm gonna try 2nd level seats next time. I'm thinking thats where I'll get the best view.
    Pariah MMA- Amateur Fighter, Colorado Springs CO

Ellenberger

Bendo

Cerrone

Condit

Bader

Diaz