Lyoto Machida is as real as it gets.

joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
edited February 2013 in UFC
The guy fights like theres no time limits, no rounds, and its just him and some other style in a park all night.

Lyoto fights this way and loses because of it sometimes.

You want to know how Lyoto v Hendo goes on a flat surface with no interferance from anyone.

2 hours later and hendo is dead or **** up beyond belief.

Thats how Lyoto fights.

Dont confuse total lack of regard for anyone, as fear or cowardice.

Condit, maywether, and a lot of other guys may or may not be points fighters.

But lyoto genuinely doesnt give a ****, and its obvious when you watch him a few times.

The other guy can catch him or out fight him, but its not easy to out fight him, and you generally need to do that to catch him.

Shogun did it. And rampage won via lyoto acting like he had all night to fight him.

Lyoto is nothing other than a straight up martial artist, who just happened to have learned mixed styles to further his own.

GSP is similar, but no one is realer than lyoto machida. not many anyways.
Post edited by joeyp1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Skywalker_StyleAwkwardSkywalker_StyleAwkward Posts: 240Registered Users
    Here come the Hendo HogHuggers
    [ D e v i | s A d v O c a t 3 ]

The Emperor will return...
  • joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free

Here come the Hendo HogHuggers

hendo is pretty solid too., he is like an american pitbull terrier. only no cardio.

he will take what people throw and if you dont finish him then hell eat you.

hendo is similar to machida, in that they both have shields,

hendos is his durability and gameness.

lyotos is his technique.

but lyoto won that fight, and if it had gone on, then hendo had already lost his best shots at getting a stoppage and lyoto would continue to take pieces of him, before literally killing him or destroying him.

he won the fight, but make no mistake. in a real fight with no interference, thats exactly how it was going. hendo always has some chance, but hed blown his best shots and was gassing fast.
    Hendo was made to lose.
    All he has is that overhand right.
    If lyoto was more aggressive he could've finished him.
    Think he just wanted to secure a win to get a shot a JBJ OR not get cut because of Dana's drama tirade.
    Either way, idk why people are booing.
    This fight was good. Lyoto schooled him.
    LOL @ people who think Hendo won.
    Punches, Kicks, Counter Knees, TD, GNP > 2 kicks, punches, TD, " Aggressiveness" <----if that's what you wanna call it.

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,220Free
    condit may be a point fighter...?

ask the +25 guys he finished about that

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,220Free
    edited February 2013

Hendo was made to lose.
    All he has is that overhand right.
    If lyoto was more aggressive he could've finished him.
    Think he just wanted to secure a win to get a shot a JBJ OR not get cut because of Dana's drama tirade.
    Either way, idk why people are booing.
    This fight was good. Lyoto schooled him.
    LOL @ people who think Hendo won.
    Punches, Kicks, Counter Knees, TD, GNP > 2 kicks, punches, TD, " Aggressiveness" <----if that's what you wanna call it.

</blockquot

http://www.mmalinker.com/wiki/images/f/f1/3belts.jpg

agreed thats how a man looks like that was made to lose

p.s stopped reading after the first line

Post edited by MIRKO_CRO_COP on

condit may be a point fighter...?

ask the +25 guys he finished about that

in the diaz fight. and you are right.
    He just lost those 3 belts to Lyoto emotionally, physically & mentally.
    Get real.
    Welcome to 2013, Marty McFly.

• So winning a split decision against an old dude really impresses some people. Just don't watch when machida has to fight jones again.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free
    joeyp1 said:

The guy fights like theres no time limits, no rounds, and its just him and some other style in a park all night.

You want to know how Lyoto v Hendo goes on a flat surface with no interferance from anyone.

Thats how Lyoto fights.

But lyoto genuinely doesnt give a ****, and its obvious when you watch him a few times.

The other guy can catch him or out fight him, but its not easy to out fight him, and you generally need to do that to catch him.

Shogun did it. And rampage won via lyoto acting like he had all night to fight him.

Lyoto is nothing other than a straight up martial artist, who just happened to have learned mixed styles to further his own.

damn, i finally agree with you on something lol.

So winning a split decision against an old dude really impresses some people. Just don't watch when machida has to fight jones again.

That old dude will **** your gf while staring you down

• So winning a split decision against an old dude really impresses some people. Just don't watch when machida has to fight jones again.

He would need peds for that too.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free

So winning a split decision against an old dude really impresses some people. Just don't watch when machida has to fight jones again.

Hendo probably can't get a hard on
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    Lyoto is as **** gay as it gets. **** has ran in all but one of his UFC fights. That is not real or fighting..
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    Lyoto needs more time to do his thing. You can't put him in three round fights. It's criminal. Basically, if you give him a full fight he has a good chance of obliterating anyone in the world. He's a constant threat and is always working for angles and counters. Appreciate his footwork and feints. He builds up to his killshots and when they land, they're awesome. He makes them count, but it's also up to his opponents whether or not the action is frequent.

Hendo should have gone after it more for his sake. Dude prides himself on being super aggressive, but he hesitated too much. Too worried about the counter. What are you afraid of? You have an iron chin, dude. If you gotta kamikaze him and take risks, so be it. At least you'll go down like a warrior. On the other hand, the pay off could be there if you put yourself in harm's way to land an H-Bomb. Shogun didn't give a **** and it worked out in his favor. Machida gonna Machida, but Hendo didn't Hendo. I liked the fight, but I blame the latter for it not being the complete barn-burner it could have been.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    only 2 fights lyoto wasnt backpedaling where shogun vs machida 2 and machida vs jones. both didnt end so well but in both he was winning until he got stopped.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free

Lyoto is as **** gay as it gets. **** has ran in all but one of his UFC fights. That is not real or fighting..

:((

:((
    which one didnt he run in supposedly? dude said all but one. he gave randy a teeth extraction and gave hashad the skanky leg.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free
    bluesy said:

Lyoto needs more time to do his thing. You can't put him in three round fights. It's criminal. Basically, if you give him a full fight he has a good chance of obliterating anyone in the world. He's a constant threat and is always working for angles and counters. Appreciate his footwork and feints. He builds up to his killshots and when they land, they're awesome. He makes them count, but it's also up to his opponents whether or not the action is frequent.

Hendo should have gone after it more for his sake. Dude prides himself on being super aggressive, but he hesitated too much. Too worried about the counter. What are you afraid of? You have an iron chin, dude. If you gotta kamikaze him and take risks, so be it. At least you'll go down like a warrior. On the other hand, the pay off could be there if you put yourself in harm's way to land an H-Bomb. Shogun didn't give a **** and it worked out in his favor. Machida gonna Machida, but Hendo didn't Hendo. I liked the fight, but I blame the latter for it not being the complete barn-burner it could have been.

Shogun caught Lyoto with a counter punch after a Lyoto kick. When Lyoto stands and bangs against someone other than Ryan Bader he gets caught. Thats why he goes full Gump against anyone with decent stand up.

Hendo isn't a gazelle. He did everything he could to catch a much faster fighter. If Lyoto doesn't want to stick around and trade against anyone in a sizeable octagon, then he's not going to be caught. Plain and simple.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,157Free

bluesy said:

Shogun caught Lyoto with a counter punch after a Lyoto kick. When Lyoto stands and bangs against someone other than Ryan Bader he gets caught. Thats why he goes full Gump against anyone with decent stand up.

Hendo isn't a gazelle. He did everything he could to catch a much faster fighter. If Lyoto doesn't want to stick around and trade against anyone in a sizeable octagon, then he's not going to be caught. Plain and simple.
    I disagree especially the Ryan Bader fight. Machida did not stand and bang with him he fought the same way he always does he just caught him. It is half and half with Machida's style either something awesome happens or it is rather boring.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free
    Hellequin said:

bluesy said:

I disagree especially the Ryan Bader fight. Machida did not stand and bang with him he fought the same way he always does he just caught him. It is half and half with Machida's style either something awesome happens or it is rather boring.
    Good point. I guess against someone with a striking weapon and chin like Hendo, that fight was destined for the boring side because Lyoto will most likely not be caught or get the KO.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Hellequin said:

bluesy said:

Good point. I guess against someone with a striking weapon and chin like Hendo, that fight was destined for the boring side because Lyoto will most likely not be caught or get the KO.

Pretty much. It was a boring fight definitely (this is coming from a Machida fan btw). I just don't understand why some people act like this was such a great surprise. What was even worse were the people saying Hendo would get knocked out.
    edited February 2013
    Hellequin said:

Hellequin said:

bluesy said:

Pretty much. It was a boring fight definitely (this is coming from a Machida fan btw). I just don't understand why some people act like this was such a great surprise. What was even worse were the people saying Hendo would get knocked out.

i didnt find it boring. it was tense beyond belief. i had money on lyoto and believe me i saw machida getting ktfo round every corner.
    Post edited by joeyp1 on
    edited February 2013
    joeyp1 said:

Hellequin said:

Hellequin said:

bluesy said:

i didnt find it boring. it was tense beyond belief. i had money on lyoto and believe me i saw machida getting ktfo round every corner.
    Well at the time it was tense because one of two things would happen Hendo lands or Machida picks him apart with technique. But if you were to watch it again it is an average fight not likely to be remembered for anything special.

It is one of those weird events where having the event held live was to its advantage.

At least that was my take on it any way.
    Post edited by Hellequin on
    dude machida effectively dismantled someone who had so much power, good speed and all the rest. hendos endurance protected him, but that fight is so interesting. ill watch it again sometime and its so interesting how he did it. the timing and the distance etc. the angles he took and his defense against the over hand right and the hooks. that fight was like a real life martial arts seminar.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    joeyp1 said:

Thats how Lyoto fights.

Lyoto would mess up at some point and Hendo would capitalize if it were 2 hours.

Even a tired as **** Hendo can land a bomb

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!