UFC Middleweight Div > UFC Welterweight Div

RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
Lately the ufc middleweights that no longer could compete at the top level of the middleweight div have been dropping to welterweight and making the div look like a bunch of amateurs.
Tagged:

Comments

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,163Free
    I disagree. Stack them up head-to-head and WW will come out on top.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    Its hard to argue. The truth is in the results.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Za1994 said:

you could stack them all up and Vitor,Hector,Weidman,and Chael if he was still there would take out like 3 welterweights a piece and Anderson would destroy GSP and two other top 5 welterweights with ease

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,163Free

Za1994 said:

you could stack them all up and Vitor,Hector,Weidman,and Chael if he was still there would take out like 3 welterweights a piece and Anderson would destroy GSP and two other top 5 welterweights with ease

GSP
    Johny Hendricks
    Nick Diaz
    Demian Maia
    Carlos Condit
    Rory Macdonald
    Robbie Lawler
    Tarec Saffedine
    Nate Marquardt
    Tyrone Woodley
    Martin Kampmann
    Jake Ellenberger
    Josh Koscheck
    Erick Silva
    Thiago Alves
    Siyar Bahadurzada
    Gunner Nelson

When you say WW all of these names popped into my head straight away. And THAT is a pretty damn killer list of a division if you ask me. MW is stacked too but it doesn't stack up as heavily as WW does. I'll rather be Anderson Silva than GSP right now having to deal with those monsters.

Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • Jake Ellenberger- striking is full of big **** holes,
    Gunnar - does not impress
    Siyar- is decent at best, Thiago is becoming irrelevant,
    Erick Silva- has a definent future in like 2 years
    Koscheck- is on a down slope,
    Martin Kampmann- got beat from the middleweight div to the welterweight div
    Tyron Woodley- is a phenomenal athlete but needs atleast a year to fix up all areas of his fight game
    Robbie Lawler- Couldn't even hang with the lower tier past prime LHW's of strikeforce and the middle tier middleweights of strikeforce
    Nate Marquardt- Is a beast a well rounded veteran but he's nothing the UFC's middleweight haven't seen B4 he was there just 2 years ago
    Tarec Saffedine- Would be a lower top 10 middleweight at the very best and could be a top 5 welterweight at the very best unless more is shown
    Rory Macdonald- Is a freak of nature and is really the uncrowned number 2 at welterweight but him and GSP won't fight and Anderson would embaress him
    Carlos Condit- One of my favorite fighters period fighting right now he could be a top middleweight easily if the muscle and strength was there and a bit more power and he could of beat GSP if his gameplan was better or worked out better.
    Demian Maia-He got beat down to the Welterweight Div by mark munoz(deceased) and chris weidman the mad who killed Munoz
    Nick Diaz- Too weak or has shown to been too weak to even be a relevant threat to the top middleweights
    Johnny Hendricks- Power punches would be the only threat and he would be too small and most likely too weak to break into the top 10 middleweights
    edited February 2013
    Za1994 said:

We already seen a MW on a two fight losing streak go to WW and wipe out their top ten guys. His name was Maia. Therefore, your head to head matchup has already occured and MW came out on top.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    There's a reason why guys who weigh close to 200lbs make the insane cut down to 170 and not 185. Maia, who struggled at MW, looks like superman at WW. Dude is cleaning house and taking names like a boss. Couldn't even touch Anderson, but Fitched Fitch like he was a layman bum. Shields got a taste of MW in the UFC and opted to drop back down to WW after pooping his pants when he felt the difference. It's pretty much indisputable.
  • rick10rick10 Posts: 185Free
    it is hard to argue with facts.
    OP 100% right, and I ve been saying this a long time , MW is very underated
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    the mw division looks shallow because silva is that much better than everyone else its like silva is all numbers of the top 10
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• LoL, it's obvious, otherwise GSP would be MW.
    My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text
  • champ.
    text
  • But LHW>MW, otherwise Candy wouldn't duck it.
    text
  • But LHW>MW, otherwise Candy wouldn't duck it.

I agree Jon Jones > Anderson Silva
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free

But LHW>MW, otherwise Candy wouldn't duck it.

I agree Jon Jones < Anderson Silva
    +1
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

sure , because he had so many problems in LHW,,

I mean he finished a guy jon jones couldnt finish as a matter of fact noone in the LHW has finished bonnar and I dont care how much you noobs like to say he is a can, FACT is get never got finished

He destroy a guy that beat rampage and shogun..... and a guy who was a former LHW CHAMPION

Furthermore the only fighter that has come close to finishing jon jones happens to be a middleweight ( vitor)

I actually find that LHW is a bit overrated.

Shogun , rampage , griffin , nogueira , are all past their prime

machida and evans are somehow relevant

Gus and davis are still green. Hell , evans destroyed phil davis on the ground and guss got demoslished by davis on the ground. I dont see how guss has improved that much .

I give sonnen a better chance than almost everyone in that division right now , that is how overrated I see LHW at the moment. Too many guys past their prime .

• WarWest said:

I agree Jon Jones < Anderson Silva
    +1
    GSP is gonna beat the frown off your face pretty soon +90000

• rick10 said:

I mean he finished a guy jon jones couldnt finish as a matter of fact noone in the LHW has finished bonnar and I dont care how much you noobs like to say he is a can, FACT is get never got finished

He destroy a guy that beat rampage and shogun..... and a guy who was a former LHW CHAMPION

Furthermore the only fighter that has come close to finishing jon jones happens to be a middleweight ( vitor)

Gus and davis are still green. Hell , evans destroyed phil davis on the ground and guss got demoslished by davis on the ground. I dont see how guss has improved that much .

I give sonnen a better chance than almost everyone in that division right now , that is how overrated I see LHW at the moment. Too many guys past their prime .

Sonnen is sonnen he is great but his chance of even being a decent challenge for jones is less than 1/20 and Anderson whooped Bonnar who is a C rate fighter, James Irvin D-, and a Forrest who just got the worst beating in his career and gave him the most embarassing fight in his career forrest in that fight was a B- fighter. The top middleweights right now are mostly people who couldn't make it as LHW's Bisping,Chael,Stann,Wanderlei(present),Munoz,Boetsch, and a few more. If any of the top 10 lightheayweights could drop down they would all be top 10 if not top 5 fighters and Jon would have better odds to beat Anderson than Anderson to beat Jon. The division is aging but their still the best

edited February 2013

rick10 said:

Sonnen is sonnen he is great but his chance of even being a decent challenge for jones is less than 1/20 and Anderson whooped Bonnar who is a C rate fighter, James Irvin D-, and a Forrest who just got the worst beating in his career and gave him the most embarassing fight in his career forrest in that fight was a B- fighter. The top middleweights right now are mostly people who couldn't make it as LHW's Bisping,Chael,Stann,Wanderlei(present),Munoz,Boetsch, and a few more. If any of the top 10 lightheayweights could drop down they would all be top 10 if not top 5 fighters and Jon would have better odds to beat Anderson than Anderson to beat Jon. The division is aging but their still the best

Bonnar may be a C rated fighter but he still was never finish at LHW , as a matter of fact noone in the LHW made bonnar looked the way anderson did . I mean bonnar is a guy that decision jon jones and rashad evans .It s not so much about the fact the anderson silva beat bonnar , we all knew this , but how he did it

Same applies against forrest griffin , griffin may be a B fighter but he still holds victories against the top dogs in the LHW . Griffins resume is not joke , mauricio rua , rampage jackson , tito ortiz , rich franklin . You can make up any excuses in the world but griffin has beaten the top dogs and was a LHW champion .

You also may not recall this but michael bisping only lost in the LHW was againt rasha evans ( top 5 in the LHW) by SPLIT decision , bisping was actually undefeated in the LHW until the split decision . Bisping never got the chance to competed for the title a middleweight , while evans has already been there a few times. So i m not sure bisping could not compete at the LHW.

I see chael beating almost everyone in the LHW , seriously aside from machida and evans , i really dont see chael having problems. I also see vitor belford finishing most of the guys at LHW , including evans and machida. As a matter of fact vitor has done much better than any of the other LHWs.

Evans just lost against nogueira FFK , I dont see old nog beating weidman , lombard or bisping .... It is debatable , they are all asumptions

We dont see guys jumping around too much from middleweight to LHW , but so far as i recall

Vitor belfort - the only that has come close to submitting jones
    Anderson silva- clown two guys , one was a former champ holding victories against rua and jackson, the other has never been finished or clown the way the spider did
    bisping - Was undefeated in the LHW division , and lost a split decision to a former champion and for many the number 2 ( before nog fight) at the LHW division

Post edited by rick10 on
  • rick10 said:

rick10 said:

Bonnar may be a C rated fighter but he still was never finish at LHW , as a matter of fact noone in the LHW made bonnar looked the way anderson did . I mean bonnar is a guy that decision jon jones and rashad evans .It s not so much about the fact the anderson silva beat bonnar , we all knew this , but how he did it

Same applies against forrest griffin , griffin may be a B fighter but he still holds victories against the top dogs in the LHW . Griffins resume is not joke , mauricio rua , rampage jackson , tito ortiz , rich franklin . You can make up any excuses in the world but griffin has beaten the top dogs and was a LHW champion .

You also may not recall this but michael bisping only lost in the LHW was againt rasha evans ( top 5 in the LHW) by SPLIT decision , bisping was actually undefeated in the LHW until the split decision . Bisping never got the chance to competed for the title a middleweight , while evans has already been there a few times. So i m not sure bisping could not compete at the LHW.

I see chael beating almost everyone in the LHW , seriously aside from machida and evans , i really dont see chael having problems. I also see vitor belford finishing most of the guys at LHW , including evans and machida. As a matter of fact vitor has done much better than any of the other LHWs.

Evans just lost against nogueira FFK , I dont see old nog beating weidman , lombard or bisping .... It is debatable , they are all asumptions

We dont see guys jumping around too much from middleweight to LHW , but so far as i recall

Anderson silva- clown two guys , one was a former champ holding victories against rua and jackson, the other has never been finished or clown the way the spider did
    bisping - Was undefeated in the LHW division , and lost a split decision to a former champion and for many the number 2 ( before nog fight) at the LHW division

Wuuuh? Bonnar fought rashad when he was green and jon jones when he was green both would dog him pretty bad if they fought now and your comparing what Anderson does to people compared to other middleweights Matt Hamill murdered Mark Munoz and Mark Munoz if he comes back right will still be a top 5 middleweight vitor would just get taken down at will by Rashad he chokes against wrestlers and has choked period through out his career. Rashad didn't even fight like himself against Lil Nog so that was just one of those moments doesn't mean much but a wins a win and Lil Nog really lost to Jason Brillz. I beleive a unmotivated Rampage beat Forrest in their fight 1,3,4,5. Bisping really lost to Matt Hamill at LHW and that was one of the reasons he dropped and Hendo a LHW currently put him to sleep. Weidman would do alright, Vitor would do alright, Bisping would not get a title shot unless everyone else is injured. You are overestimating Chael he was just a bad stylistic match up for Anderson. Also Bonnar has been fighting just new comers for like the last half of his career not Top dogs or they were not when they fought him.

edited February 2013

rick10 said:

rick10 said:

Wuuuh? Bonnar fought rashad when he was green and jon jones when he was green both would dog him pretty bad if they fought now and your comparing what Anderson does to people compared to other middleweights Matt Hamill murdered Mark Munoz and Mark Munoz if he comes back right will still be a top 5 middleweight vitor would just get taken down at will by Rashad he chokes against wrestlers and has choked period through out his career. Rashad didn't even fight like himself against Lil Nog so that was just one of those moments doesn't mean much but a wins a win and Lil Nog really lost to Jason Brillz. I beleive a unmotivated Rampage beat Forrest in their fight 1,3,4,5. Bisping really lost to Matt Hamill at LHW and that was one of the reasons he dropped and Hendo a LHW currently put him to sleep. Weidman would do alright, Vitor would do alright, Bisping would not get a title shot unless everyone else is injured. You are overestimating Chael he was just a bad stylistic match up for Anderson. Also Bonnar has been fighting just new comers for like the last half of his career not Top dogs or they were not when they fought him.

excuses , excuses , excuses, that is all i read. He didnt fight like himself , he was green , he was injured. UNMOTIVATED HAHAHA that is a new one , WOW this forum is getting worst by the day , etc , etc , etc

I show facts , you just give excuses. Sorry but Im done with you .

Fact is bonnar took the top two guys to a decision. Funny how the jon jones have only gone to decision twice , against bonnar and rashad evans . Coincidence maybe??

forrest beat rua and jackson. Cry all you want , but forrest beat those two and stop making excuses about rua being injured , thats fanboy crap , everytime rua loses he was injured

bisping took rashad ( number 2 guy to a split decision). And no rashad was not green because he went to beat chuck liddell and forrest , then lost against machida

vitor a middleweight was the closes to beat jones , Fact

anderson embarressed LIKE NOONE ELSE has two guys that never got beat the way they did .. i bet all my money i have in the bank that noone else including jon jones beats forrest and bonnar the way anderson did. If you really think someone else does it maybe you should watch a different sport.

Maybe you also havent noticed that jon jones used to be more aggresive before , when he fought bonnar , nowdays jon jones is becoming more of a point fighter , taking less risk . Bonnar fought jones when jones was destroying people (hamill , vera , Matyushenko) , now jones does not do it anymore. Another reason why I think the spider has a good chance against bones

Now i know what is coming next, more excuses , he was injured , he was green , the weather was bad , he slip, bad call by the ref , he wasn't wearing his lucky shorts , bad weight cut , he didnt sleep well , there was poison in his water.... Please come back with more excuses , makes laugh

Post edited by rick10 on
  • stop posting essays and the results speak in my favor you cant really count Anderson becuz that would be like Jones stepping down and beating on Boetsch,Bisping,and Belcher
    edited February 2013

stop posting essays and the results speak in my favor you cant really count Anderson becuz that would be like Jones stepping down and beating on Boetsch,Bisping,and Belcher

that is the best comeback you have???
    hahahaha . I kinda feel bad for you .
    Post edited by rick10 on
  • rick10 said:

rick10 said:

rick10 said:

excuses , excuses , excuses, that is all i read. He didnt fight like himself , he was green , he was injured. UNMOTIVATED HAHAHA that is a new one , WOW this forum is getting worst by the day , etc , etc , etc

I show facts , you just give excuses. Sorry but Im done with you .

Fact is bonnar took the top two guys to a decision. Funny how the jon jones have only gone to decision twice , against bonnar and rashad evans . Coincidence maybe??

forrest beat rua and jackson. Cry all you want , but forrest beat those two and stop making excuses about rua being injured , thats fanboy crap , everytime rua loses he was injured

bisping took rashad ( number 2 guy to a split decision). And no rashad was not green because he went to beat chuck liddell and forrest , then lost against machida

vitor a middleweight was the closes to beat jones , Fact

anderson embarressed LIKE NOONE ELSE has two guys that never got beat the way they did .. i bet all my money i have in the bank that noone else including jon jones beats forrest and bonnar the way anderson did. If you really think someone else does it maybe you should watch a different sport.

Maybe you also havent noticed that jon jones used to be more aggresive before , when he fought bonnar , nowdays jon jones is becoming more of a point fighter , taking less risk . Bonnar fought jones when jones was destroying people (hamill , vera , Matyushenko) , now jones does not do it anymore. Another reason why I think the spider has a good chance against bones

Now i know what is coming next, more excuses , he was injured , he was green , the weather was bad , he slip, bad call by the ref , he wasn't wearing his lucky shorts , bad weight cut , he didnt sleep well , there was poison in his water.... Please come back with more excuses , makes laugh

Damn your a retard saying your using facts when im the one posting facts and your posting essays full of opinions Jon Jones fought Bonnar before he fought those 3 and he started becoming truly great under Greg Jackson and his first fight with Greg in his corner was against Matt Hamill(After the Bonnar Fight) he finally got the cardio to go non stop all rounds and the skills to properly do what he envisoned. I didn't even mention Shogun you retarded troll. Jones also went to a decison with some guy who Krystoff knocked out so what does that mean again that was a green jones.

• rick10 said:

stop posting essays and the results speak in my favor you cant really count Anderson becuz that would be like Jones stepping down and beating on Boetsch,Bisping,and Belcher

that is the best comeback you have???
    hahahaha . I kinda feel bad for you . I let you free this time
    shut up you 12 year old you obviously watched MMA for the first time yesterday you haven't said one fact yet so I will let you think your deserve to even breath. But do the world a favor and jump of a bridge your a joke

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,044Free
    lol

12 yo vs 15 yo

FIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHT

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• Ozpride said:

lol

12 yo vs 15 yo

FIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHTFIGHT

This if he was at leats 18 year he would call him a 15 year old, but he calls 12, because he is 15. Despite both must be underaged to flame this way.
    text
  • My favorite part was how dude says he's done with him...and then proceeds to further comment. Well done. Here's a fun fact: you just wasted about a day of your life arguing about nothing. Hope it was worth it...
  • you all just wasted your times by comenting as well so therefore ya'll must be 9 Good day
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    LOl too funny most everyone does not see the obvious point>>>>MOVING DOWN.

We have seen for the past two years people wanting GSP to MOVE UP,yet they deem it ok when fighters move down to be relevant ...LMAO.,shakes head in disbelief.

If you think GSP's division is not as relevant ,then would you not be saying they should move down and not up?I can mention one quick one off top of my head Shield's-Hendo...LMAO Shield's embarrassed Hendo,made him look like a turtle flipped over on the beach,

It is really simple math,when you move down,you are NOT that good,that is why you moved down for no other reason than to try and cheat two weight classes.Frankie would be the only exception that i know of,he moved down just to join the rest cutting one weight class.

SO far we got Silva who looked real good moving down ,but still he got beat by Fitch who got cut.Maia moves down but he is not a can,he is arguably the worlds best BJJ expert,we are not talking collegiate sports,we are talking WORLD class.He also just so happen to fight for the title and a guy Silva could not finish,Silva finished Chael twice LMAO.So i would not put any weight what so ever trying to lay claim that if Maia moves down and wins makes the division look weak,,,pfft anything but.Maia also looks really big at 170,he looks the exact same size as he did at 185,makes a big difference.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    zaksame said:

LOl too funny most everyone does not see the obvious point>>>>MOVING DOWN.

We have seen for the past two years people wanting GSP to MOVE UP,yet they deem it ok when fighters move down to be relevant ...LMAO.,shakes head in disbelief.

If you think GSP's division is not as relevant ,then would you not be saying they should move down and not up?I can mention one quick one off top of my head Shield's-Hendo...LMAO Shield's embarrassed Hendo,made him look like a turtle flipped over on the beach,

It is really simple math,when you move down,you are NOT that good,that is why you moved down for no other reason than to try and cheat two weight classes.Frankie would be the only exception that i know of,he moved down just to join the rest cutting one weight class.

SO far we got Silva who looked real good moving down ,but still he got beat by Fitch who got cut.Maia moves down but he is not a can,he is arguably the worlds best BJJ expert,we are not talking collegiate sports,we are talking WORLD class.He also just so happen to fight for the title and a guy Silva could not finish,Silva finished Chael twice LMAO.So i would not put any weight what so ever trying to lay claim that if Maia moves down and wins makes the division look weak,,,pfft anything but.Maia also looks really big at 170,he looks the exact same size as he did at 185,makes a big difference.

All this text means nothing. The only way you can determine divisional strength is between weight classes. The fact is a MW on a two fight losing streak is destroying the best in the WW division. The OP's assertion is valid.

"Believe in the beard"