Pat Barry chimes in on the Machida / Hendo fight

Comments

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,167Free
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    lol who gives a **** about this can.....follow his advice and you will be cut soon
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,249Free
    WAR PAT BARRY!

Squashing the cockroaches since day 1 no questions asked.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,836Free
    barry vs henderson would be awesome
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    Barry vs Kongo shows that nobody as successful as machida needs to take fight advice from him!
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    PunchBag said:

barry vs henderson would be awesome

Yah if he would stop eating 20 tacos for 20 bucks then maybe he could drop to 205 and fight Hendo
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,836Free
    edited February 2013
    i dont see hendo having any trouble taking on barry at hw. hes small but its a standup fight and hendo smashed fedor
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

edited February 2013
    Hendo was getting owned by Fedor in the stand-up. Barry would KO him..... badly
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    What a great fight that would be. Pat would outwork him and beat him up because he's a better pure striker, but Dan would absord the damage that even most HWs cant and eventually catch Barry with the one missle he needs to end the fight.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
    Hendo makes for boring fights, because he does nothing other than throw that slow overhand right, and gasses hard
    Yeah that fight against Shogun sucked and the Fedor fight wasnt exciting at all.

>:/
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• I agree with Pat
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited February 2013

Yeah that fight against Shogun sucked and the Fedor fight wasnt exciting at all.

to be fair, a lot of Hendos fights in the last couple years have been with people who are willing to brawl with him....all of them lost that way besides a few.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on

to be fair, a lot of Hendos fights in the last couple years have been with people who are willing to brawl with him....all of them lost that way besides a few.
    Dan cant choose his fights. Isn't a match maker's job to bring together either the top contenders or the best fan friendly match ups? People want to see fireworks, not running/layNpray. Despite not getting one of those brawler match ups, he did everything he could to chase Lyoto down and make it an exciting fight.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

edited February 2013

What a great fight that would be. Pat would outwork him and beat him up because he's a better pure striker, but Dan would absord the damage that even most HWs cant and eventually catch Barry with the one missle he needs to end the fight.

You guys are crazy if you think Dan can take a Barry Bomb on the chin. Dan is fantastic at tucking his chin ( so is Roy Nelson...go figure ) and he rarely ever gets clipped with a clean shot directly through or across the jaw and sure he can take a hard shot no doubt but he's been hurt by lesser bombs then the ones Barry throws.

If Dan tries to trade with Barry and Barry hits his head anywhere besides a grazing shot across his skull he'll Morecraft Dan.
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,654Free
    edited February 2013

Dan cant choose his fights. Isn't a match maker's job to bring together either the top contenders or the best fan friendly match ups? People want to see fireworks, not running/layNpray. Despite not getting one of those brawler match ups, he did everything he could to chase Lyoto down and make it an exciting fight.
    lol, thats a crock of ****.

Dan was hesitant to engage because he knows Lyoto's a good counter puncher. goes both ways. He had a couple of leap in attacks and maybe landed a hand full of significant punches but thats really it other than inside leg kicks.

and i know Dan can't choose his fights, has nothing to do with that, just making an observation.
    Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
    I saw Dan charge forward many times in the early going, attacking with multiple rights and lefts. Lyoto ran out of the way every time. If the faster guy doesn't want to trade, then he has to the power to simply backpedal and avoid all night.

Hesitation looked more like "c'mon and fight me" frustration. Lyotos gameplan worked to a Tee.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

• joeyp1joeyp1 Posts: 272Free
    edited February 2013
    war.

pat barry is like the real life version of mayhem.

and check this out too.

poor bastard fan pissed pat barry off and he confronted him and then did it again in private.

nice lol.
    Post edited by joeyp1 on
    edited February 2013

I saw Dan charge forward many times in the early going, attacking with multiple rights and lefts. Lyoto ran out of the way every time. If the faster guy doesn't want to trade, then he has to the power to simply backpedal and avoid all night.

Hesitation looked more like "c'mon and fight me" frustration. Lyotos gameplan worked to a Tee.

In the first round Lyoto disengaged alot to draw Dan in, get a read on his attacks, find his distance, rhythm, & timing to counter attack. The Second round Lyoto started figuring Dan out and intercepting his attacks with hard knees & kicks to the body when Dan charged in like a school yard brawler. At the end of the third Machida was the one coming forward and picking Dan apart.

Dan's frustration was because his "c'mon and fight me how i want you to fight me" school yard bully style strategy wasn't working and he didn't have an answer for Machida's distance/counter striking game so eventually he just stood in the pocket and got picked apart .
    Like I said Lyotos gameplan worked to a Tee.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people

• BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    How was he going to change his gameplan? Pull guard? body shots, leg kicks, even a high(ish) kick. Are any of those typical Dan Henderson?

"Hard knees and kicks to the body" is a little funny. Those knees did nothing and Hendo landed more than Machida did.

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    For me it was a unanimous 29/28 for Machida. no split whatsoever.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free

lol who gives a **** about this can.....follow his advice and you will be cut soon

Lmao!
    This.

KonGOAT murdered this can.
    And lol @ Stomp.

Hendo would sleep this glass jawed bum.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Also a good point to make is that Hendo thought he was winning, hence why he didn't go out swinging....even though he kind of did go out swinging...Machida just didn't exchange
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

Lmao!
    This.

And lol @ Stomp.

Lmao!
    This.

And lol @ Stomp.

That's actually a decent fight. (Even if it'd be short)

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    KOOKORK said:

For me it was a unanimous 29/28 for Machida. no split whatsoever.

That's because you aren't 3 people, therefore you can't have a split decision.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard