Question about fight schedules

single_taskersingle_tasker Posts: 2Free
Hey Guys,

Other than Pay Per View and the prelims are there any other fights televised? I was watching 157 prelims- the fight between Sam Stout and 'the other guy' and Mike and Joe were talking about all the other guy's fights they've seen... I've never heard of him- have I been missing televised fights all these years?

Thanks,
Bill
Tagged:

Comments

• sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    edited February 2013
    Caros Fodor is an import from Strikeforce (airs/aired on Showtime). Unfortunately he spent the bulk of his time there on the Strikeforce-Challengers cards which were pretty poorly promoted
    Post edited by sobercorrupt on
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free

Caros Fodor is an import from Strikeforce (airs/aired on Showtime). Unfortunately he spent the bulk of his time there on the Strikeforce-Challengers cards which were pretty poorly promoted

I think he meant other fights on the same card. Don't they have a few fights before the prelims that aren't televised, but are available online?
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Yes. I meant that, but also was wondering if UFC ever televises fights other than PPV and prelims. UFC has tons of fighters- how can they possibly cycle though them all if there are only 8 fights at a time. I constantly see guys like Liota but almost never see petis for example

Yes. I meant that, but also was wondering if UFC ever televises fights other than PPV and prelims. UFC has tons of fighters- how can they possibly cycle though them all if there are only 8 fights at a time. I constantly see guys like Liota but almost never see petis for example

They have free events on Fox, FX, and Fuel that are live (and free), but not on a regular schedule.
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,583Elite
    I think he's talking about in the same event boys.

Yes aside from the PPV and the aired fights on FX there usually are a few fights you can watch live on facebook if you like the UFCs page. It will be under the live streams button on their page. Usually will give you a heads up on when they start but expect about an hour before the FX prelims.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Hayden512 said:

I think he's talking about in the same event boys.

Yes aside from the PPV and the aired fights on FX there usually are a few fights you can watch live on facebook if you like the UFCs page. It will be under the live streams button on their page. Usually will give you a heads up on when they start but expect about an hour before the FX prelims.

Thanks, you answered my question. That's what I originally thought he was asking, but he came back and asked for different information.