How Does Machida Deserve a Rematch???

BOILEDFREAKEGGSBOILEDFREAKEGGS Posts: 132Free
I am so sick of these guys who lose to Jones claiming some kind of excuse. Machida and Jones was even in the first round and then jones submitted him in the second. End of story. No rematch. Maynard vs. Edgar was understandable in regards to a rematch, but cmon? Even Belfort might deserve a second chance. Not Machida. Are we led to believe that Machida has improved significantly to warrant a rematch. I just don't get it. Jones and Gustaffson is much more interesting. Hell, I'll take Hendricks or Condit moving to 205 over Machida. Please help me on this one.
Tagged:

Comments

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,653Free
    although not impressively....he still beat Hendo.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,956Free
    Guarantee the piss drinking coward gets gassed up for a title shot. Cormier, Glover, Mous/Gustaffson. One of those dudes, probably even 2, will get a title shot before Peeoto.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    He won the #1 contender spot
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    He was #2 before the fight & he easily beat the #1. Not good to watch but he did outclass him.
    It would be massively unfair to give it to anyone else.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

• MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    WarWest said:

He won the #1 contender spot

It's as simple as that.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    he beat hendo...what more do you want?
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,421Free
    Jones will smash him again. I want to see Jones vs Cormier/Gustafson. A new challenger, sick of these damn rematches.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,956Free

nobody is arguing how the first fight go. even if he was destroyed, he still earned another title shot by DEFEATING CONTENDERS, #1 included, and not by trash talking.

ps. first round was even? LOL

It wasnt even. Jones won it. Even 2 judges came to that conclusion.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    come on man, yeah everyone knows Machida doesn't deserve it....but who doesn't want to see Jones cave in Machida's head again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    Cormier and possibly Glover is the only hope for someone in the division beating Jones.

Machida could do it but he'd have to have a dream that's impossible.
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    Machida vs Jones was NOT even in round #1 ... Machida Won that round ... however he should not have a Rematch more because of his Lackluster performance vs Hendo ... it was Lame.

OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    shark26 said:

Machida vs Jones was NOT even in round #1 ... Machida Won that round ... however he should not have a Rematch more because of his Lackluster performance vs Hendo ... it was Lame.

lol 1 punch does not win a round.....Jones won that round easily
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • DerkJitsuDerkJitsu Posts: 150Free

shark26 said:

lol 1 punch does not win a round.....Jones won that round easily
    Machida connected with more than just one punch. I've watched the fight many times over and did not see Jones connect with anything in that first round. Giving Jones the round was just another poor decision by the judges. These judges just aren't competent. But what does it matter at this point? The fight was over a year ago and Jones won the fight. What's done is done.

Now I'd much rather see Gus fight Jones than Machida again, but I still believe that Machida has what it takes to beat Jones. If Machida presses the action more than he did in the Hendo fight, while keeping his composure... basically if Machida can be who he was in that first round of the Jones fight throughout the WHOLE fight, I think Machida can and will win.
  • mutharashamutharasha Posts: 696Free
    lol some of you guys are never happy. We get mad at the UFC when Sonnen, Edgar, Diaz get instant title shots. Then when someone earns their spot by beating a top 10 and then a top 3 we get mad as well!
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    edited February 2013
    i like machida he is 1 of my favorite fighters, but.... he doesnt deserve it after that performance. Dont get me wrong he is the number 1 contender. But i think alot of people would not be excited to see machida fight again and the ufc need to sell ppv. Perhaps machida vs winner of gus/ moussasi for the title shot.

I would be surprised if dana gave the shot to machida.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    While I personally would have liked to see Machida get one more win before getting a title shot; who else is there really who has earned it?
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    sonnen is fighting jones, then possibly jones vs silva so thats plenty of time for machida to fight again before getting a title fight,
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• lroncocklroncock Posts: 75Free

I am so sick of these guys who lose to Jones claiming some kind of excuse. Machida and Jones was even in the first round and then jones submitted him in the second. End of story. No rematch. Maynard vs. Edgar was understandable in regards to a rematch, but cmon? Even Belfort might deserve a second chance. Not Machida. Are we led to believe that Machida has improved significantly to warrant a rematch. I just don't get it. Jones and Gustaffson is much more interesting. Hell, I'll take Hendricks or Condit moving to 205 over Machida. Please help me on this one.

well said