Spider says he's probably gonna fight Jon Jones this year. GSP was unable to comment.

JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,743Free
http://www.bjpenn.com/anderson-silva-admits-fighting-jon-jones-later-this-year-is-likely-ufc-news/

GSP ducks Anderson for 5 years or more.

Jones rises to become a dominant Champ, and less than a year after talk of a superfight with him and Silva starts, Silva says he'll fight the larger man.

FEB. 2010
Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,262Free
    I'm surprised anybody brings up GSP anymore

Dude has ducked the Silva fight for 20+ years

Silva doesnt mind fighting the much larger people, he has proved it time and time again
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,542Free
    edited February 2013
    I saw this earlier but it was only in Portuguese. However you can still see a portion that says something about 87 kilos. Now Silva fights at 84 and Jones at 93. 87 kilos is like 192 pounds if they think Jones is making that they are out of their damn minds. Not even a 195 catch weight would work I don't see Jones getting below 200.
    Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on
  • mutharashamutharasha Posts: 736Free
    I'll believe it when I see them in the cage, until then, it's all just talk
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 1,066Free
    Jones will look like GSP if this fight ever happens.

Greg Jackson convinces Jones to be(rightfully) scared of Silva's standup so much that the gameplan will end up LnP. People will question why an overwhelmingly exciting fighter fought safe, aka Condit or Guida. Most fans will be terribly disappointed with the biggest fight in MMA history.

Silva by miracle sub in the 4th.
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Would be awesome if this fight happens, but then again-there is a pretty big difference in size.
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    jones will come crouching in the beginning of the fight and Silva will be disqualified by knocking him out with a front face kick.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,498Free
    if silva wins this i doubt we will ever see any p4p fighter to become the all time goat again. If jones wins this its obviously due to his reach and size advantage ;))
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I think Silva would beat 99% of the LHW's on any given day but I can't see him beating Jones. There is a fairly big size difference a huge reach advantage for Jones and Jones is also really atheletic. I hope I'm wrong if the fight happens, but I see it going to Jones via UD.
    edited February 2013
    jones via wrestling i can see him winning via tko or a ud, but in the standup it really could go either way have to go with silva though he has a habit of stopping tough guys and has pinpoint accuracy with his strikes. i cant see jones stopping silva on the feet only a ud win but 5 rounds in a striking match with silva is asking to be kod.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• Why not at 205? Silva has fought there (and won) multiple times
  • MangasmMangasm Idiot Savant ExtraodinairePosts: 6,295Free
    GSP's first comments after the fight between Jones and Silva is signed:

"Is it safe to come out of hiding now?"
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p MichiganPosts: 10,519Free
    There it is.

Lol at the delusional fools who though Silva wouldnt fight him
    When in actuality, Jones is scurred. He hasnt said anything about fighting Anderson

• J_o_RJ_o_R <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Everynight GSP looks underkneeth dee bed fer Anderson.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • HiTeMnSuBmiTeMHiTeMnSuBmiTeM Posts: 1,986Free

Why not at 205? Silva has fought there (and won) multiple times

jones is scared homie
    and its not for the belt
    photo swooty_zps661147ed.gif
    Currently Taking Bets Against Mousasi
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 5,195Free
    edited February 2013
    Why would AS fight JBJ after he loses the title to Sonnen?

8-X
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Wise words:

"There are three types of posters here, though some may fall into more than one of these categories.

Fight fans who come here to talk about fights, fighters, promotions and other random things with other posters they have gained a rapport with.

Retards who like to troll and flame and be generally annoying so as to gain undue attention because they have little else to offer.

And people who like to feed the retards by providing a willing and interactive audience, they also enjoy trolling and flaming but do so with sarcasm and wit."

-TheSinsterUrge
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free

http://www.bjpenn.com/anderson-silva-admits-fighting-jon-jones-later-this-year-is-likely-ufc-news/

Jones rises to become a dominant Champ, and less than a year after talk of a superfight with him and Silva starts, Silva says he'll fight the larger man.

GSP doesn't realize that he ducked this fight for so long that eventually he's been passed by. The ultimate MMA Match (number 1 p4p vs. number 2 p4p) no longer involves him and he went from having a chance to being considered the best ever to having NO CHANCE because he's not even in the running by not taking the risk.

Lesson from this is, if you don't at least take a chance in life, you don't even have a chance of achieving greatness
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,882Free
    Dana is gonna be all over this and Jones isn't the coward that GSP is, so I see them eventually settling on a CW of 195-200lbs.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,882Free
    Sisti said:

GSP doesn't realize that he ducked this fight for so long that eventually he's been passed by. The ultimate MMA Match (number 1 p4p vs. number 2 p4p) no longer involves him and he went from having a chance to being considered the best ever to having NO CHANCE because he's not even in the running by not taking the risk.

Lesson from this is, if you don't at least take a chance in life, you don't even have a chance of achieving greatness
    He won't even be #3 next year, as the Aldo vs. Pettis winner will school Benson and snatch his place.

GSP is a disgrace and that's coming from a Canadian. He's the kind of guy who's waiting on Anderson to lose his step and succumb to father time. He would probably call Anderson out of retirement several years down the line and challenge him at 170. That's the kind of worthless bum he is.
  • PoloPolo Posts: 12,359Free
    edited February 2013
    They should make GSP defend his title as the CO main event if this fight were to be official, that's if he beats Diaz of course. That would definitely take GSP out of the spot light and would be a crazy card.
    Post edited by Polo on
    Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
    Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    I have not liked the progression of GSP,he really has not improved his game at all,however i know he has not ducked Silva in the past,but he might be now,at least until he feels ready.He has not fought much over the past 2-3 years,he definitely needs more fights to stay sharp.

BTW ...Back when GSP was doing nothing but wrestle guys,it was Soares who said he thought it would be an unfair fight becuase he said Silva walks around at 223,it was not GSP or his team saying anything about avoidance.IMO Soares was afraid because GSP was ONLY wrestling guys and that is Silva's downfall.He has a MUCH better chance now because imo GSP has lost an edge in his wrestling or is just not using it as much for some reason.

Silva has also had time to size up GSP's entire game and it does not look forbidding.If and most likely he would get Silva down,GSP has poor Gnp.He does not use elbows and does not go for submissions and definitely will not take the back,even if you give it to him.Inside the guard,GSP tries to throw wasted arm punches,they hardly ever get through and when they do,they are weak sauce,partially blocked.

So imo Silva who is a very smart fighter,sees little to no threat from GSp.GSP could very well take him down steady,but Silva would eventually catch him in the standup.GSP imo does not take strikes well,he went too cowardice in that Serra fight and that Condit high kick was very weak,no way should that have caused any trouble.Point is that if Condit could catch him,Silva most certainly would.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    edited February 2013

Who's GSP?

Mangasm said:

GSP's first comments after the fight between Jones and Silva is signed:

"Is it safe to come out of hiding now?"

Everynight GSP looks underkneeth dee bed fer Anderson.

Sisti said:

bluesy said:

Dana is gonna be all over this and Jones isn't the coward that GSP is, so I see them eventually settling on a CW of 195-200lbs.

bluesy said:

Sisti said:

He won't even be #3 next year, as the Aldo vs. Pettis winner will school Benson and snatch his place.

GSP is a disgrace and that's coming from a Canadian. He's the kind of guy who's waiting on Anderson to lose his step and succumb to father time. He would probably call Anderson out of retirement several years down the line and challenge him at 170. That's the kind of worthless bum he is.
    So much win that I could shed a tear ^^^^
    Post edited by WarWest on
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,743Free
    its just a shame for GSP. One highly respected as p4p #2 and potential opponent for Silva in the GOAT-est superfight.

Now widely regarded as p4p # 4 or 5, and not even mentioned in superfights. For ****s sake, Aldo and Jones and Benson are being set up for superfights before GSP steps up for one and they have been champ for a fraction the time he has.

GSP will definitely go down as the safest champ in ufc history
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    GSP's the only champion who's scared of a higher weight class. Should he even be in the p4p discussion anymore? LOL.
    Believe in Beard

its just a shame for GSP. One highly respected as p4p #2 and potential opponent for Silva in the GOAT-est superfight.

Now widely regarded as p4p # 4 or 5, and not even mentioned in superfights. For ****s sake, Aldo and Jones and Benson are being set up for superfights before GSP steps up for one and they have been champ for a fraction the time he has.

GSP will definitely go down as the safest champ in ufc history

Yup, without a doubt

He's a *****
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    if silva beats jones expect gsp to announce his retirement
    "Believe in the beard"