What will GSP's excuse be to duck Ben now?

GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
Now that Ben Henderson has said he wants GSP, what excuse will GSP make?
Believe in Beard

Comments

• WraithhWraithh Posts: 58Free
    Ben? You mean the guy who got beaten by Frankie arguably close, and at best decisioned him 48-47. Yes, Ben, struggling to beat Frankie, who is a legit Featherweight or even 135'er, wants to go against a 170 lb champ? C'mon man....
    Bendo did lose to Edgar the second time around.... no doubt about it. That's as much of a win as Diaz beat Condit, and we all know he won 1,2,5!
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,022Free
    Wraithh said:

Bendo did lose to Edgar the second time around.... no doubt about it. That's as much of a win as Diaz beat Condit, and we all know he won 1,2,5!

Relax buddy, even a downzie can see that Ben won rds 1,3,4, and 5 against Edgar.
  • Will Henderson still want to fight GSP after Nick beats him and takes his belt.

Wraithh said:

Relax buddy, even a downzie can see that Ben won rds 1,3,4, and 5 against Edgar.
    The only people that saw 1 3 4 and 5 against Edgar were judges scoring the fight, and we all know how reliable those downzies are, I agree.
  • GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    Of course Ben lost to Frankie, that's understandable. Frankie's the GOAT. GSP would probably get KO'd by EdGOAT.
    Believe in Beard
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,764Free
    edited February 2013
    My guess is something like this:

"I need at least a year to get my weight right and I can't fight during that year" - GSP

He's used it for the Silva fight for years
    Post edited by WarWest on
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,764Free
    Wraithh said:

Ben? You mean the guy who got beaten by Frankie arguably close, and at best decisioned him 48-47. Yes, Ben, struggling to beat Frankie, who is a legit Featherweight or even 135'er, wants to go against a 170 lb champ? C'mon man....

Ben Henderson beat Frankie twice - FACT
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

Wraithh said:

Destroyed him twice- fact and agreed.

And is this thread true? Did Ben really call out Grease?
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Benson SHOULD be moving up,he is the biggest 155 out there,he is cheating the entire division,time to man up.I wouldn't doubt if he is near the same average weight as GSP,he is shorter but his chest,legs,arms are probably as big or bigger.
    The only thing that gives him a chance versus Melendez is his size because it keeps the other fighters from controlling him.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,265Free
    edited February 2013
    zaksame said:

Benson SHOULD be moving up,he is the biggest 155 out there,he is cheating the entire division,time to man up.I wouldn't doubt if he is near the same average weight as GSP,he is shorter but his chest,legs,arms are probably as big or bigger.
    The only thing that gives him a chance versus Melendez is his size because it keeps the other fighters from controlling him.

Benson's walking around weight is around 170-175 which is normal to slightly heavier than most LW besides Edgar who belongs at FW. Even Edgar was walking around at about 165-168.

George's walking around weight is around 188-195
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 779Free
    This jumping division has started to get annoying. In a month Mighty mouse declares his will to move to light heavy weight I guess.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta

zaksame said:

Benson's walking around weight is around 170-175 which is normal to slightly heavier than most LW besides Edgar who belongs at FW. Even Edgar was walking around at about 165-168.

GSP admitted to being at 200 for the Alves fight.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    KOOKORK said:

This jumping division has started to get annoying. In a month Mighty mouse declares his will to move to light heavy weight I guess.

They call them "superfights".
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

KOOKORK said:

Something Cassius Clay always avoided
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,265Free

GSP admitted to being at 200 for the Alves fight.

Maybe so but that's one fight. He's normally walking around 188-195 and has been for a long time.
  • Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 114Free
    Benson has no chance against GSP, this is just stupid.
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    gsp is too big to make 155. if anything gsp will move up.

if bendo wants the fight he should move up. then again that fight would bore the hell out of me. edgar and bendo have more decisions to fights and decision wins to fights won ratios than gsp
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,629Free
    Wraithh said:

That's the Ben. The one that lost to a BW in Frankie and got dropped in doing so.
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free

zaksame said:

Benson admits to being bigger than 170-175. Much bigger in fact when he was the challenger he said he was around 180 and was going to put on 4 or 5 pounds of lean mass for the first Edgar fight. After the first Edgar fight he entered a gi grappling competition at 82 kilos which is about 180 pounds.

You're right about Georges though he typically states he's in a 188-194 range. Not really a massive welterweight like many make him out to be. I can't stand him but as far as the size of today's welterweight he's average.

Benson would get knocked out at welterweight though. Edgar dropped him both fights imagine what a 200+ pound welterweight with a lot more reach does to the guy,
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    edited February 2013
    i think georges and bendo would match up well. bendo is just as good at mixing up his striking and takedowns.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

edited February 2013
    Can't stand Grease but he would ragdoll Benson at welterweight. In fact I doubt a commission even sanctions that fight. Benson has his hands full going to decision after decision against smaller opposition. Benson wouldn't crack the top 10 at welterweight. His size and ability to cut weight are the only reason he's decisioning top people at lightweight. Take that away and he's just another guy on the welterweight roster getting beat down by the 200 pound beasts that occupy the top of the division.
    Post edited by Frontline_Rioter on

KOOKORK said:

Something Cassius Clay always avoided
    The biggest fight of all time qualifies. He also fought the light heavyweight champ. No matter how much you or I like MMA, they have failed on superfights.
  • KOOKORK said:

Except they never happen...
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    GSP would beat Bendo but it sounds like a really good fight. Seems a bit weird though with Aldo lurking around his corner, lol.

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free

Benson would get knocked out at welterweight though. Edgar dropped him both fights imagine what a 200+ pound welterweight with a lot more reach does to the guy,

Frankie's the GOAT, though. It's understandable.
    Believe in Beard
    Dana said he won't make a GSP-Bendo fight.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 962Free

WarWest said:

Wraithh said:

Destroyed him twice- fact and agreed.

And is this thread true? Did Ben really call out Grease?
    Frankie 1 Bendo 1 Would u really say anyone was destroyed in these fights.Beno is awsome and one of the most well rounded fighters around,why not challenge GSP