Aldo Will Have to Stay at LW if He Wins Title, Pettis Will Have to Defend the Belt Before Bendo

_TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,318Free
dafuq? Aldo was planning on moving back down to 145 if he beat Bendo/Gil winner and it doesn't sound like Pettis/Bendo rematch is happening anytime soon. Will either have to defend the belt a few times at FW before says Dana or he'll likely have to win at LW again to get back into contention.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/if-jose-aldo-moves-to-155-he-stays-at-155-says-dana-white

Tagged:

Comments

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Why does Dana get to choose where they fight?

They should be able to pick their weight class. If Aldo wants to go dethrone Bendo, and then move back down to his weight class leaving a vacant title in arguably the most talent filled division in the UFC, so be it. If Pettis wins the fight at 145 and wants to move back to 155 and take that one, then so be it. Whoever wins this fight deserves to be able to choose what they want to do.

Dana went full retard.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,318Free
    FroZeN said:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Why does Dana get to choose where they fight?

They should be able to pick their weight class. If Aldo wants to go dethrone Bendo, and then move back down to his weight class leaving a vacant title in arguably the most talent filled division in the UFC, so be it. If Pettis wins the fight at 145 and wants to move back to 155 and take that one, then so be it. Whoever wins this fight deserves to be able to choose what they want to do.

Dana went full retard.

bad for business imo. These champ vs champ fights are awesome but makes no sense unless Aldo stays at LW

• wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,285Free
    I think they are just trying to Rid aldo out
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free
    This is the reason why no one is motivated to move up in weight. If a guy can fight four times a year and defend each title twice a year, he should be allowed to maintain two titles.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,344Free
    FroZeN said:

Dana went full retard.

Dana can't let Aldo own the LWs then go back down, that would make the LWs look like a joke
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    If Dana doesn't want vacated titles he shouldn't let people who jump weight classes get the title shot without them ever fighting at the new weight class.

FroZeN said:

Dana went full retard.

Dana can't let Aldo own the LWs then go back down, that would make the LWs look like a joke
    They are....
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,344Free
    wedo619 said:

FroZeN said:

Dana went full retard.

They are....
    lol we'll see if you say that after Aldo fights ShowGOAT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free

FroZeN said:

Dana went full retard.

Agreed ..

However, that also can be smth like "Oh, I lost the fight to Bendo/Gil and I was going to back down anyways" ... I just doubt he wouldnt defend that title at least once ... meanwhile I would be surprised if we see Barao getting some fight at FW.

wedo619 said:

FroZeN said:

Dana went full retard.

They are....
    lol we'll see if you say that after Aldo fights ShowGOAT
    No.we will see after bendo fights gsp
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Dana is a control freak ****
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,671Free
    This is the same old story from Dana, He hates the idea of an multi division champ and will do everything he can to make sure it never happens. :(

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest