Shields Vs Woodley Targeted For UFC 161 Canada

TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,764Free
    I would love to watch either of those fighters get L&P'd

It will happen to one of them so it's a win win for me
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,231Free
    congrats Canada here's your present...

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,764Free
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    wheel talk

don't like either guy but i like this match up

i see Shields Machida'ing back to MW after this fight

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    Woodley via bumrush KO......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    It's the brawl of the blankets! Ladies and gentlemen, who will come out on top (literally!) in this titanic struggle of snuggly wuggables?!
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,635Free
    that is messed up bro... lol

OP I think that Shields prob takes this in a very boring way. If Woodley comes out bombing and connects though It's lights out for Jakey

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free

Calgary?

I've heard it'll be Vancouver, but not certain

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    yippeee doo daa

OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |

that is messed up bro... lol

OP I think that Shields prob takes this in a very boring way. If Woodley comes out bombing and connects though It's lights out for Jakey

lol sorry but canada can have that turd.

• austindarcyaustindarcy Posts: 2Ultimate
    No more shows in Vancouver, Calgary is the new city for UFC instead of Vancouver.

Headliner?
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,414Free
    I'm gonna go with Woodley he surprised me rushing Heiron and knocking him out like he did and Shields is always gonna be boring. I have a feeling this will stay on the feet if Woodley can help it since Jake has 0 KO power that would be the safest way to win.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    edited February 2013

No more shows in Vancouver, Calgary is the new city for UFC instead of Vancouver.

Headliner?

No news on the headliner yet, I'd imagine if it's Calgary the card will be stacked, to make up for last time.
    Post edited by TheOvereem on

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    I'm fighting Woodley's mom the same night. I'm going to choke her out so the fans don't have to listen to her stupid ****.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Woodley via KO
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

I'm fighting Woodley's mom the same night. I'm going to choke her out so the fans don't have to listen to her stupid ****.

lmao thank **** for that she is one annoying **** when she screams at cageside or even just when she talks I'd imagine we will all be greatful.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    edited February 2013

Welterweight is on fire! I wonder where does Saffiedine lands

Saffiedine vs Kampmann maybe? ffs I wanna see the Hitman return already!
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Pleeeeeeeheeheeheease don't let Shields win..
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,420Free
    Jake pulls guard and subs Woodley. Rogan will scream Shields is back.
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • mutharashamutharasha Posts: 701Free
    hope Shields retires when he gets KO
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,641Free
    I would love to see a KO in this fight but I just don't see it happening. Despite Woodley's knockout of Hieron in his last fight, he's not a knockout artist by any stretch of the imagination. Before the Hieron fight, four out of five of his Strikeforce wins were lay 'n pray decisions.

I guess it's a matter of which fighter can "impose his will on" or "smother" or "grind out" the other (basically all colorful announcing terms for lay and pray).
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    If Woodley can keep it standing he should okay. If Jake ends up on top of him he better find his way back to his feet quickly and not give up an arm in the process.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Woodley via UD. I don't see Shields getting on the inside of Woodley and on the outside Woodley is faster, more explosive and has some nice straight punches too.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    i can see woodley getting another ko win
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

edited February 2013

i like it, but doesn't make sense at all

strikeforce champion vs a top 10 guy coming of a loss
    I see what you're saying man but he's coming off a loss to what should really be the number 1 contender in Hendricks, he is more like top 5-7 at most right now could you name 5 WW's above him? coz I would honestly struggle.

It's still a better fight than Nate is getting imo since Kampmann not long ago beat Ellenberger who is a top guy in most peoples eyes, the only other top guy free right now would be Rory who is injured and even he hasn't beat the level of competition the Hitman has yet.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

i like it, but doesn't make sense at all

strikeforce champion vs a top 10 guy coming of a loss
    I see what you're saying man but he's coming off a loss to what should really be the number 1 contender in Hendricks, he is more like top 5-7 at most right now could you name 5 WW's above him? coz I would honestly struggle.

It's still a better fight than Nate is getting imo since Kampmann not long ago beat Ellenberger who is a top guy in most peoples eyes, the only other top guy free right now would be Rory who is injured and even he hasn't beat the level of competition the Hitman has yet.
    Actually I take this back I forgot about Damien Maia he should fight Saffeidine and Lawler fight Kampmann makes more sense.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Wow that is a really good match up ,one i want to see..I thought Mein would have had a better chance versus Woodley but the power,roids are the difference.Shield's knows that game,it's why he roided to bulk up for Hendo.
    Shield's has been fighting bigger guys most of his career,i really don't see how Woodley can win.I know Shield's can be taken down,seems so many hurt their chances by being afraid to because of BJJ skills.

,i see Woodley not wanting to go to the ground.So i see him backing off forcing Jake to stand up.Question is if and when they do hit the ground,how does Woodley handle it,does he run in a smart fashion or cowardly in a way that gets guys submitted.I see some guys so afraid of the ground,they turn their back and try to literally run away.He is better off just laying on Jake and let the ref break them up,much safer that way.

None the less,impossible to meet the standards of that Grice fight last week,but still one of the better match ups of the year for sure.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.