Do People Seriously Believe Hunt Is Going To Beat Struve?

TalkLostTalkLost Posts: 14Free
Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Please comment if you think Hunt will actually win this fight so I can bump it afterwards and make you all look like complete idiots when Struve subs him.
Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    I have Hunt really hoping he wins. I will admit I'm a bit worried now he's been out awhile and sounds like he put a lot of weight on I guess as he said in the press conference the weight cut was hard.

Then when they did the staredown the size difference was crazy I knew Struve was a lot bigger but seeing them next to each other made me realise.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • UFCDynastyUFCDynasty Posts: 2,469Free
    Struve by submission.
    Pariah MMA- Amateur Fighter, Colorado Springs CO

Ellenberger

Bendo

Cerrone

Condit

Bader

Diaz
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I wouldn't say the odds are in Hunt's favor but i do know he has power,albeit telegraphed power aka Hendo.Struve has been known to take shots in his fights,he is a tad reckless,that could be trouble if hit even once.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • TalkLost said:

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Please comment if you think Hunt will actually win this fight so I can bump it afterwards and make you all look like complete idiots when Struve subs him.

how old are you? 10?

its mma, every body has a chance... hunt only have to hit him once, and then its properly over.. but yeah, if struve gets it to the ground, its 100% over.. struve is also my favorit, but hunt is way better on the feet.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    I got Hunt. Struves striking D isn't incredibly good and hunts power is still intact. Hunt (T)KO round one
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    LoL OP isn't bumping **** due to bant status.

I do agree with him about Struve getting a sub though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
    Struve was knocked out by Roy Nelson and their about the same height and also Mark Hunt he supposed to be a far superior striker
  • jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
    If Hunt defends the TD early, its gonna be a short night for Struve, Hunt's Ko power is absolutly incredible!
    60% chance Hunt Ko rd 1, 40% Struve sub rd2 or Decision
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,636Free

Struve was knocked out by Roy Nelson and their about the same height and also Mark Hunt he supposed to be a far superior striker

That was my thought as well. I'm still picking Struve in this fight, but Hunt could wade in (like Roy did) and land a huge shot to finish the fight.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    Hoping so ,but I think struve wins by Guillotine
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    zaksame said:

I wouldn't say the odds are in Hunt's favor but i do know he has power,albeit telegraphed power aka Hendo.Struve has been known to take shots in his fights,he is a tad reckless,that could be trouble if hit even once.

Hunt and Hendo have absolutly nothing in common in regards to striking ----CRAZY TALK THAT IS.Check out Hunts K1 fights on Youtube.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    i hope Hunt by KTFO...but i see Struve taking it to the ground and subbing Hunt
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,797Moderator, Ultimate
    Struve has been KO'd by worse......
    imageimage
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,097Free
    PATSTER said:

If Struve can beat Barry and Johnson, he can beat Hunt.

I hate to be that guy but I had Hunt beating Kongo when everybody predicted him to get destroyed. I'm a big fan of Hunt, just being realistic.

Who the hell predicted Kongo beating Hunt?

Hunt via KTFO
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    If Nelson could crumple Struve I have no reason to believe Hunt couldn't do it as well. That being said, I suspect we'll see more grappling out of Struve in this fight then we have in the past.
    Bet Record: 2-3
    PATSTER said:

MilesGun said:

PATSTER said:

I hate to be that guy but I had Hunt beating Kongo when everybody predicted him to get destroyed. I'm a big fan of Hunt, just being realistic.

Hunt via KTFO
    Lol a lot of people.

Hunt was considered a can back then.
    Ah yeah I think I remember. Carnage was leading that train.
    PATSTER said:

MilesGun said:

PATSTER said:

MilesGun said:

PATSTER said:

Hunt via KTFO
    Lol a lot of people.

Hunt was considered a can back then.
    Ah yeah I think I remember. Carnage was leading that train.
    Struve is more than a foot taller than Hunt. He's going to have to close the distance but that will leave him vulnerable to TD's.

I hope Hunt wins, but am unsure.
    Struve will wrestle for his life, but I see an uppercut ending that fight.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,956Free
    Mark Hunt 1st RD Overhand Right KTFO.
  • Hunt by brutal KO in 2nd round ....... he will hit him that hard your jaw will drop and be WTF
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Bant
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    lol banned
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
  • YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free
    Struve's problem is that for a tall guy, he doesn't fight tall at all. I constantly see him getting tagged by guys much shorter and if Hunt tags him it's all over. As for getting it to the ground I'm not sure how Struve is going to manage that. But somehow, I still think Struve will pull it out because at the end of the day, Hunt is lame. Not nearly the fighter he used to be.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    zaksame said:

edh1 said:

zaksame said:

Hunt and Hendo have absolutly nothing in common in regards to striking ----CRAZY TALK THAT IS.Check out Hunts K1 fights on Youtube.
    as edhi said "crazy talk"....Hunt and Hendo's style of striking is NOTHING ALIKE

Hendo does load up on shots with his right hand always cocked ready to throw the H-Bomb...but Hunt does not do that...sure to the normal person it would look "cocked" at times but his arm is loose and is able to throw a few power punches (upper,str8,hook.ect)...he is not looking to land one certain punch

Also Hunt is master of rhythm and timing...at times he will paw the jab to make you think you got his timing down and when u think you have his speed down he explodes with a power shot at the end of a counter combo...Hendo never does that

And dont ever try to say thier striking arsenal is remotely close...there is not one strike hunt can't do that is effective in a MMA fight and I'm damn sure he coukd blend everyone in a combo and not leave himself too open...Hendo can't do the same

In short Hunt Striking > 99.5 of MMA fighters today...Hendo while powerful is very very predict able...and that's the key to much of hunts striking...everyone thinks he's predictable in the cage/ring...and he has made a career of making fools out of them
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    I took hunt straight up for some pretty good odds and any other outcome except Struve winning inside the distance.

Just give me my fortune now because Hunt is coming out firing and as soon as he touches Big Bird's chin its a wrap.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    PATSTER said:

Struve is more than a foot taller than Hunt. He's going to have to close the distance but that will leave him vulnerable to TD's.

Not really.
    Struve can only take you down from a clinch or by pulling guard. He's too tall to be able to shoot like a wrestler, and he isn't one anyway.
    By closing the distance, the only thing Hunt will have to worry about are Struve's knees. But that's nothing new for Hunt.
    So as long as he doesn't allow Struve grabbing him in a clinch, the threat of getting taken down is not that big.

• najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    One thing I'm worried about is Hunt's weight.

266lbs?!?! WTF??

And most probably he came heavier and had to cut a bit from God knows how much.
    What did he weigh the last time around?
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    najma said:

One thing I'm worried about is Hunt's weight.

266lbs?!?! WTF??

And most probably he came heavier and had to cut a bit from God knows how much.
    What did he weigh the last time around?

Yeah, he looked a little flabby IIRC, but that's nothing new.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    edited March 2013
    To answer your question no, no one really believes he can win, they hope he wins beacuse they're his fans, but nothing more.
    Post edited by megaman on

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    did you see Hunt breathe a sigh of relief..when he tipped the scales at 266lbs?... :))