What would bendo have to do to overcome aldo in p4p rankings

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
I think the gap between the two may be narrowing because Bendo's last performance vs. Diaz was amazing and Aldo's last couple of rounds vs. Edgar was not his best

I didn't see Edgar/Bendo 2 but I know it was extremely close. I did see Edgar/Bendo 1 and I thought it was total annhilation. Seeing as tho Edgar always does way better in rematches it makes me think he would have beat Aldo in the rematch. Aldo does weigh less than Bendo tho so that contributes to the p4p rankings

Honestly, I'd say 1 or 2 solid performances for Bendo and Aldo losing or only doing ok would put Bendo ahead of him. The top 3 p4p (GSP/Silva/Jones) has been a lock forever so I think the 4 spot is up for grabs by a few people
Tagged:

Comments

• KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    He would have to beat him in my opinion. It would have to be done at a fair weight for both as well. In order to know who is the best P4P, you have to fight someone at the same weight and then you know who is strong pound for pound. For example, we know ants are strong. If there was an ant that was our size and weight, P4P, it would be so much stronger than us that it could pick us up and throw us out of the arena. It's the same for fighters, if you compare the fighters size, weight and skills and they are similar, you actually find out who is stronger and tougher P4P.
  • RelentlessRampageRelentlessRampage Posts: 419Free
    Beat Aldo or Beat GSP or Aldo would have to lose his title to someone
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,131Free
    edited March 2013

Beat Aldo or Beat GSP or Aldo would have to lose his title to someone

this especially if Aldo dominates Showtime
    Post edited by _TUF1_ on
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• TinychatBtarrdzTinychatBtarrdz Posts: 451Free
    A safe point fighter like Bendo shouldn't even be on the rankings. If anything they should cut him.
    text
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 948Free
    That's a tough call. I think Bendo would have to win some fights at WW or start smashing his compitetion at LW to challenge Aldo P4P.

The best way would be to give the Aldo/Pettis winner a shot at the LW belt.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

That's a tough call. I think Bendo would have to win some fights at WW or start smashing his compitetion at LW to challenge Aldo P4P.

The best way would be to give the Aldo/Pettis winner a shot at the LW belt.

I think that may be something they are going towards

The only reason I say this is because now that Aldo seems beatable it looks like it leaves the door open for a new number 4 guy. He definitely has a weakness in that the later rounds he is not nearly the super-dominant guy he is in the earlier rounds. Bendo gets better in the later rounds so this is something to keep an eye out for if they fought. I think right now Bendo is obviously not number 4, but I think one slip-up from Aldo and one more dominant win from Bendo and things could change and I'd say they'd be roughly equivalent
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free

A safe point fighter like Bendo shouldn't even be on the rankings. If anything they should cut him.

CONGRATS, DUMBEST THING I HAVE HEARD THIS WEEK ,CUT THE LW CHAMP.Safe point fighter ,he spent numerous minutes on the ground with Nate Diaz ,hardly a safe thing to do.He may not have KO power but he is always pretty busy.Just because he couldn't finish Nate or Edgar.Give your head a shake ,these guys are ultra durable.Miller and Guida also.He's the champ of the deepest division in the bloody UFC.wins over Nate Diaz ,Jim Miller,Frankie Edgar,Donald Cerrone,Clay Guida -were all top 5ers when fight occurred except wec fight against Cerrone which was at least a nominee for FOTY.If he goes who stays?Not everyone finishes like Anderson. HATER ALERT
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    edh1 said:

CONGRATS, DUMBEST THING I HAVE HEARD THIS WEEK ,CUT THE LW CHAMP.Safe point fighter ,he spent numerous minutes on the ground with Nate Diaz ,hardly a safe thing to do.He may not have KO power but he is always pretty busy.Just because he couldn't finish Nate or Edgar.Give your head a shake ,these guys are ultra durable.Miller and Guida also.He's the champ of the deepest division in the bloody UFC.wins over Nate Diaz ,Jim Miller,Frankie Edgar,Donald Cerrone,Clay Guida -were all top 5ers when fight occurred except wec fight against Cerrone which was at least a nominee for FOTY.If he goes who stays?Not everyone finishes like Anderson. HATER ALERT
    lol exactly

i know the guy was being sarcastic, but still you can't deny what bendo has been able to accomplish. he was hands-down the best fighter last year and he has done nothing but win. he's not the best finisher, and people have to keep in mind that finishing a top 3 guy is almost impossible at times because they know every submission counter there is. Maia a 4th degree BJJ black belt couldn't even finish Fitch in 3 rounds

bendo doesn't finish often, but you can't say that he plays safe
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    aldo beat edgar more convincingly at edgars natural weight class, bendo kinda lost that last fight to edgar. aldo still better.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    He could start by finishing his opponents and then go from there.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Beat a bunch more people or avenge his loss to Nate
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Get the lose back from Pettis is a start. Finishing Pettis would be huge. Take out more top fighters than Aldo has already taken out.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    I'd like to see what he can do at 170, he definitely has the size for it. People say that Aldo ducks the 155ers, Silva is ducking Jones, GSP is ducking Silva etc etc. but Bendo could be a middleweight. If he beat Aldo, that would be huge.
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited March 2013
    He needs to fight at his natural first and see how well he does there

and maybe finish a fight, because he hasnt finished in the UFC
    Post edited by fobar on

• edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    Sisti said:

edh1 said:

lol exactly

i know the guy was being sarcastic, but still you can't deny what bendo has been able to accomplish. he was hands-down the best fighter last year and he has done nothing but win. he's not the best finisher, and people have to keep in mind that finishing a top 3 guy is almost impossible at times because they know every submission counter there is. Maia a 4th degree BJJ black belt couldn't even finish Fitch in 3 rounds

bendo doesn't finish often, but you can't say that he plays safe
    Yeah he throws himself in the fire from time to time The LW division is just sooo deep.I honestly think he's one of the top 5 or 6 fighters out there right now.Relentless GNP,Strong wrestling and takedowns,wide variety of kicks,great cardio,and nearly impossible to sub,his hands are good but does not possess 1 punch power.He's got GSP type Skill with a lot more risk taking
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    finish some fights
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Beating Aldo would be a great start.

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,131Free
    WarWest said:

Beat a bunch more people or avenge his loss to Nate

lmao
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Finish an opponent, like seriously any opponent. He has the longest average fight time of anyone in the UFC by a longshot.
    Bet Record: 2-3