UFC, please cut Struve.

najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
He will never go past a top-10 guy. He can only beat average-to-good fighters with little or no ground game (and he doesn't look good in those fights either). But that's not enough to even be a gatekeeper of sorts.

Stephan is in the 9th year of his professional MMA career with 31 professional fights, which makes him one of the most experienced MMA fighters in the UFC, and he hasn't been progressing for a couple of years now.

With all the wars he's been through, I think his body is going to start declining soon. He's taken too many shots in those 9 years, especially in the last 4 years in the UFC.

If Jon Fitch, who can beat anybody in the world in his division on a given night, is not good enough for the UFC because apparently he shows no potential at bettering himself in the rankings, then Struve who doesn't show potential for anything other than beating cans is a waste of UFC roster space even more.

But I'm afraid the UFC will feed him another batch of bums with no ground game for Stephan to build himself back with a string of wins, until he gets to fight someone better who will destroy him once again. But what's the point of that circle?

Therefore, I hope the UFC gives him another good fighter for his next fight so we can stop that nonsense cycle for good.

UFC, please cut Struve.

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,765Ultimate
    Let him stay. I enjoy seeing him fold like wet paper.
    Struve has never been in a boring fight, period.

Keep him forever!
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    Yeah, we've seen enough. Cut him now or after the next loss.
    Darksjeik said:

Calling for the guy to get cut is a scumbag move..

Calling for the guy to keep getting beaten on in every fight is a scumbag move.
    I care for his health. The UFC is too dangerous a place for him.

And there are more talented guys with actual potential that can't get their careers going because he's holding up the roster spot.

• BlueChildBlueChild Posts: 1,026Free
    Cut him he sucks......... <:-P

I Spam for Efect.

I was here , But now I am gone, I left this note to turn you on.

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Jbrahams said:

Struve has never been in a boring fight, period.

Keep him forever!

This. He either wins big or loses big, but either way it's fun to watch.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    they dont need to cut him ... he can be a test for up and comers to the UFC

OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    mods cut this guy from the ufc forums
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    Yeah, we've seen enough. Cut him now or after the next loss.
    shark26 said:

they dont need to cut him ... he can be a test for up and comers to the UFC

But fighting a 7 foot tall guy is always so specific that it doesn't really tell you much about how a fighter would pan out against a typical fighter.
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,636Free
    Right now he's a great gatekeeper. Besides, you don't cut someone who just lost a fight after winning four in a row, all of which were good (i.e. not Fitch-like) bouts.
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    Yea man, the guy is 25 years old, get this man out of the UFC and into a nursing home. Just kidding, this topic is stupid.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • _Sonnen__Sonnen_ Posts: 4Free
    No need to cut him....he needs proper coaching on how to utilize the jab though....
    “I don't promote fights, I pick fights.”

“Undefeated and undisputed, Chael P. Sonnen and the P stands for ... Perfection.”
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Nah

He needs to stay

He's young and he's a good fighter
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    Stephan Struve is a good fighter. If you believe that someone only has a place in this sport if they have a chance at winning the title, then you need a change in perspective, my friend. Everyone, from the new guy at the MMA who pays for a membership and gets his **** kicked and quits after a couple days, to the amateur fighter with a 1-4 record is important.

We need the older fighters that were never that good to open substandard gyms in small towns so that an undiscovered could have his introduction to the sport. We need the small, often mismanaged promotions for the common fan to see fights live and the common fighter to possibly gain experience. We need great fighters in the UFC that might not necessarily have a chance to reach the top, but help flesh out the roster so we don't see the same 5 or 6 guys in each weight class fight each other over and over.

Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free
    Calling for a fighter to be cut means two things: First off, it means that you don't know anything about this sport. Secondly, you're a loser.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• mtlmtl Posts: 522Free
    NO DONT CUT... but please, please somebody show him how to keep some distance, I felt like screaming everytime he just put up his hands next to his head and let Hunt go at it. Not a good game plan.. Who is his coach? I dont understand how he still doesnt use that jab at all.
    -Cerrone

-"Smooth"Henderson

-Johnny Bones Jones

-GSP

-Nate Diaz

-Munoz

-Struve

-Lauzon
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    mtl said:

NO DONT CUT... but please, please somebody show him how to keep some distance, I felt like screaming everytime he just put up his hands next to his head and let Hunt go at it. Not a good game plan.. Who is his coach? I dont understand how he still doesnt use that jab at all.

i agree...for such a tall man...he fights small...doesnt use his huge reach and height to his advantage
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    With a good coach and a better game approach( using his huge reach advantage + some head movement+ not going for submission when he is in full mount position+ more leg kicks) he could win more.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta