Blackzillians by the numbers

Comments

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Apparently playing patty cake. I would love to see the same thing for Blackhouse though.

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,802Moderator, Ultimate
    GoToGuy said:

Apparently playing patty cake. I would love to see the same thing for Blackhouse though.

a lot higher but i believe aka had the best rate percentage for 2012
    imageimage
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free
    Ouch
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,496Free
    Simple...there are 3 founding blocks needed to win

Talent
    Drive
    Coaching

They have talent that damn sure...those guys are all pros and proved they have talent just by winning in the Promos they have won in...but they lack coaching on a massive scale...I never though Mike Van was that great of coach really....but losing him hurt I'm sure

Also there is a lacking of brotherhood in that camp...do u hear bout a guy having to BRING IN HIS OWN training partners cuz he does not trust the others in his gym to not tell his foe what he's doing?...I mean really?
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free
    should probably get a new name

OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Anyone else think the second the cameras turn off these guys just go trollin' for *****?

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    SO they're so bad that someone went to the trouble of doing a report showing how bad they are?

They must be bad lol
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,628Free
    PATSTER said:

Worst gym in MMA

lol so pathetic

Nah, as long as the Wolfslair is around they will always hold that title.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    The numbers may be far from accurate,i see Overeem listed as no wins in the UFC.Reem beat Brock quite awhile ago,so those numbers are pretty old.I actually thought the numbers would be worse.
    Next thing is we need to establish weather a camp is going to improve a fighter.I have seen very little improvement in any UFC fighters ,from the first time i watched them.What i do see is guys bulking up with roids and guys cutting more weight to drop down another division.

I can look at one guy in particular,Rashad,he has not improved one bit and his game is full of holes.Then we look at another guy that was before his eye injury an up n coming star,Rumble Johnson.The guy has no control over his weight,he looks to do nothing but lift weights and take roids.I have not seen a single sign that he has learned any BJJ and his striking is sloppy as heck.He needs to work on his cardio big time,NONE of these things have been addressed over the last 5 years,seriously wtf ,is this guy stupid,are his trainers,coaches stupid?

I guess we can insert REEM in for Rumble ,same ordeal,pump weights and roids and figure that is all you need.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,265Free
    edited March 2013
    Bunch of talented fighters but all of them are pretty much biting off a bit more than they can chew in the fighters they're facing. It's all OLD talent for the most part.

Everyone claims thier coaching sucks and maybe it does on the whole but i can tell you Mario Sperry is no **** joke. That guy was a huge part of Brazilian Top Teams success when they were killing everyone in pride along with Chuteboxe who was thier biggest rival.

Sperry is an excellent coach and he actually puts his money where his mouth is and trains with them even though he's older now but he's still a beast and very very technical.

As for the rest of the coaching staff idk but Mario is an excellent head coach to have. He's as legit as they come and has tons of experience both fighting and coaching and has a very simple but no BS approach.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,802Moderator, Ultimate

Bunch of talented fighters but all of them are pretty much biting off a bit more than they can chew in the fighters they're facing. It's all OLD talent for the most part.

Everyone claims thier coaching sucks and maybe it does on the whole but i can tell you Mario Sperry is no **** joke. That guy was a huge part of Brazilian Top Teams success when they were killing everyone in pride along with Chuteboxe who was thier biggest rival.

Sperry is an excellent coach and he actually puts his money where his mouth is and trains with them even though he's older now but he's still a beast and very very technical.

As for the rest of the coaching staff idk but Mario is an excellent head coach to have. He's as legit as they come and has tons of experience both fighting and coaching and has a very simple but no BS approach.

But it is the willingness to learn from Mario Sperry and the team unity that are problems. Alot of the guys that do go there do have that "diva" aspect like they have learned it all and only need to train and spar. The moment that happens is when youre **** as a fighter. You will never learn everything there is to learn in mma and you will never master anything until you learn amd relearn it.
    imageimage
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,641Free
    I'd put the now-defunct DeathClutch over the Blackzilians. Honestly.
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Jesus, I they were doing bad, but this is just pathetic. They seriously need to pull themselves together and try to turn this thing around.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,265Free
    edited March 2013

But it is the willingness to learn from Mario Sperry and the team unity that are problems. Alot of the guys that do go there do have that "diva" aspect like they have learned it all and only need to train and spar. The moment that happens is when youre **** as a fighter. You will never learn everything there is to learn in mma and you will never master anything until you learn amd relearn it.
    Absolutely agree. It has to start with the fighters attitude. They have to keep that child like curiosity and passion to learn and improve and really enjoy that process even if it's something they're already really good at there's always more to learn, tweak and improve upon. For instance a whole library of books could be written just detailing the jab from the basic variations and mechanics of each and combining evasion, footwork, parries, blocks, fients, broken rhythm, how to improve speed, power, timing, judgement of distance, breathing correctly, how to cut down on visual cues that telegraph.....i could go on
    and on but basically it's infinite the the number of variables there are and all the drills/sparring you can do to improve just that single technique. With mma though you can only devote so much time to one thing because you have to be well rounded.

I understand there's been a lot of drama there and considering all that on top of Van Arsdale moving on to be with his family and it's a new team they are not doing quite as bad as everyone thinks atleast overall with all things considered. They're 50 % overall and around 30% in the UFC but those UFC numbers are a little inflated because Melvin and Jorge keep losing. lol
    Post edited by StompGrind on