Palhares to team Nogueira

PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Rousimar-Palhares-leaves-Brazilian-Top-Team-for-Team-Nogueira.html

Interesting, sad though because we won't get to see him fight Jacare or Roger
Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,246Free
    Is Roger Gracie at blackhouse? I was hoping him and Palhares would fight one day.

Smart move tho he's at the best camp now so he can improve in all areas. As far as a fight with Jacare I wouldn't give him much a chance, he's an amazing grappler and quite a bit better than Palhares on the feet he would KO Palhares imo.

Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • PoloPolo Posts: 12,359Free
    Palhares needs to stay off the juice. It hasn't helped him in his last two fights anyway.
    Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
    Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

• »Army_Of_Øne«»Army_Of_Øne« Posts: 20,216Free
    welterweight Palhares in team black house will be p4p

¤ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

> > > IRT < < <
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,673Free
    Good move...at black house he will get a more well rounded camp that can teach skills

Most of all everyone at blackhouse has a well balanced and basicly sound BJJ game...Palhares has a.wicked heel hook...but that's not always the best sub to go for...does Palhares have a multi set up armbar,a multi angle kimura,a guillotine....these are basic subs that we have not seen from him....those are the subs blackhouse namely big nog are good at

It's the same as having a boxer who KOed a lot of people with a left hook...once people find out how to avoid it...that guy better have a solid jab,a stiff right,and well times and not open upper

I look forward to a more well rounded grappler that can be Palhares

Watch out Palhares V.2 can be a beast
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    Palhares = Great bjj BUT extremely predictable and horrible stand up
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    ... However he would beat Sonnen 11 out of 10
  • StompGrindStompGrind CajunlandPosts: 22,194Free
    edited March 2013
    BruteDion said:

Good move...at black house he will get a more well rounded camp that can teach skills

Most of all everyone at blackhouse has a well balanced and basicly sound BJJ game...Palhares has a.wicked heel hook...but that's not always the best sub to go for...does Palhares have a multi set up armbar,a multi angle kimura,a guillotine....these are basic subs that we have not seen from him....those are the subs blackhouse namely big nog are good at

It's the same as having a boxer who KOed a lot of people with a left hook...once people find out how to avoid it...that guy better have a solid jab,a stiff right,and well times and not open upper

I look forward to a more well rounded grappler that can be Palhares

Watch out Palhares V.2 can be a beast

His jitz is great all around but he is too reliant on that kneebar and i don't like the way he plays guard when opponents posture. He doesn't use his knees/shins to control the biceps inside and with his heels on hips, he doesn't raise his hips and use his knees in the chest to make barrier while controlling the biceps inside, He doesn't try to hip out or kick them away or even try to tie them back up and break thier posture while they whip back down with strikes. No he just turtles and eats bombs. Murillo Bustamante was his coach and im not sure why he didn't address this as im sure he knows it.

I don't think the Nog's double wrist control guard would work to well for Palhares. It works ok for longer fighters who can slip strikes effectively and easily tie-up because they are so long like Anderson and it works well for Nog because he has a good chin.

I do think Noguiera's halfguard game could benefit him a lot though because of all the sweep oppourtunities and just in general it's a short players guard.

Post edited by StompGrind on