Who is your favourite fighter who never won a UFC championship?

ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,604Free
Mine is Thiago Alves.
Makin' movies, makin' songs and fightin' round the world!

Thiago Alves = UFC WW Champion of 2014/15!!!

Costa Philippou is a boss! ... And also, he looks like a Columbian drug lord :)

My MMA record = 3-1 (Semi pro) Battle Arena British Featherweight champion

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

Tagged:

Comments

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    edited March 2013
    Mine is obvious lol see username^. I hope they still put him in the HOF he deserves it for his career as a whole even if he didn't capture the belt.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • ShuberlingShuberling Posts: 11,604Free

Mine is obvious lol see username^. I hope they still put him in the HOF he deserves it for his career as a whole even if he didn't capture the belt.

Well I mean't guys who have fought for the title, but didn't win. But I didn't specify that, so fair play. I'm still convinced Jorgensen will win the title XD

I am more powerful than any sith lord to grace the universe, I by myself murdered the career of the G.O.A.T, Anderson "The Spider" Silva! Join the darkside!

• JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,432Free
    Yushin Okami
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,847Free

Well I mean't guys who have fought for the title, but didn't win. But I didn't specify that, so fair play. I'm still convinced Jorgensen will win the title XD
    In 10 days it will be Diaz.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    Fitch
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free

Haha in that case maybe Nate or Alves not too sure I can't remember all the title fights involving my favourites off my head lol.

Hopefully Jorgenson beats Faber I will be rooting for him in that one for sure it's a really tough fight for him tho.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,089Premium
    Probably Hendo. He's done almost everything you could ever want to do in mma except win a ufc title.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

Haha in that case maybe Nate or Alves not too sure I can't remember all the title fights involving my favourites off my head lol.

Hopefully Jorgenson beats Faber I will be rooting for him in that one for sure it's a really tough fight for him tho.
    I may come on the forum like old times for the Faber-Jorgensen event. Such a big fan of both dudes, but I am forever Jorgensens fan over anyone else lol XD

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,089Premium
    Thiago Alves seems to be very underrated these days. I still think he's right up there at ww. He seemed to have lost motivation after the GSP and Fitch losses, and got caught because of a ridiculous mistake against Kampmann.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• JEFFSTALLWOODJEFFSTALLWOOD Posts: 5Ultimate
    Mine is Dan Henderson....Dan has done just about everything else & Winning that UFC championship title would be the icing on the cake before he retires! Dan is a Legend to the sport who always brings a fight before MMA into the cage!
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    No really, my answer is Nate Diaz and Demian Maia
    I also like Gray Maynard a lot
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 744Free
    Dan and Alves are good choices, but I think I would go for Carwin or Sanchez.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,043Free
    Dan Henderson
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Thiago Alves seems to be very underrated these days. I still think he's right up there at ww. He seemed to have lost motivation after the GSP and Fitch losses, and got caught because of a ridiculous mistake against Kampmann.

Agreed. Everyone seems to keep saying his striking is overrated, but who in the UFC has managed to outstrike him? GSP? There's no shame in getting out struck against GSP. Even then, Alves was landing the harder shots in that fight standing. Yet people seem to keep saying Ellenbergers striking is insane!? I seem to remember him getting smacked around on the feet really quite bad against John Howard and Alves destroyed him on the feet... IMO though, Alves should ditch Dolce and go back to being a walking tank and just work his TDD a lot again, he has the striking and the size will bring his finishing power back.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free
    Dan Henderson
    Nate Diaz
    Gray Maynard
    Chael Sonnen
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    To fight in but not win a title?

Hendo
    Maia

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Condit
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    Id have to say Diaz when he fought Benson.

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    edited March 2013

Agreed. Everyone seems to keep saying his striking is overrated, but who in the UFC has managed to outstrike him? GSP? There's no shame in getting out struck against GSP. Even then, Alves was landing the harder shots in that fight standing. Yet people seem to keep saying Ellenbergers striking is insane!? I seem to remember him getting smacked around on the feet really quite bad against John Howard and Alves destroyed him on the feet... IMO though, Alves should ditch Dolce and go back to being a walking tank and just work his TDD a lot again, he has the striking and the size will bring his finishing power back.
    so agree with this...I have said this for a long time...I knew Dolce was bad for Alves when he said "Alves lifts like a power lifter....that's not what he needs"....then goes to show Alves Deadlifting...i blew a gasket....I was like "you got to be kidding me"

What MMA guy who's worth his salt does not power lift in some way?...even skinny guys like condit even deadlifts

Dolce is a diet guy...stop telling people how to train thats not his job...je walks in on people training camps and was not there for all the other work that goes down when a fight is not on deck...he comes in a destroys training camps when he walks in a tells guys what they need to work on...and most of all when it goes against what got those guus there

You heard it here first...soon guys will start to say Dolce is not worth it
    Post edited by BruteDion on
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
    Oh yeah I forgot my boy Chael
  • bartolinibartolini Posts: 670Ultimate
    Nick diaz. I will be cheering my **** of for him, but I don't see him winning. Gsp won't stand with him, and when it goes to the ground, I don't see diaz submitting him. I think gsp is too strong, anything diaz tries submission wise, gsp breaks out of.
    HW: VELASQUEZ, DOS SANTOS, BROWNE

LHW: EVANS, CORMIER, GUS

MW: SPIDER, WEIDMAN, MACHIDA

WW: CONDIT, HENDRICKS, DIAZ

LW: HENDERSON, CERRONE, DIAZ

FW: ALDO, MENDES, SWANSON

BW: FABER

FW: JOHNSON

CHICKS: TATE
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,811Moderator, Ultimate

Mine is Thiago Alves.

what about koscheck, jorgeson or thiago silva?
    imageimage

Mine is Thiago Alves.

what about koscheck, jorgeson or thiago silva?
    Well I like Thiago Alves more than Koscheck for one thing, Thiago Silva hasn't had a UFC title fight, so that was stupid of you to mention, and I suppose you could say Jorgensen fought for the UFC title, but it was a WEC fight, that's why I didn't count it. If we do count that one though, then yeah, Jorgensen takes the gold.

I got a question, why are you always taking shots at me about Jorgensen, Koscheck and Silva? Seriously, have you got nothing better to do, than to try and insult me and take the piss about my favourite fighters all day? It's really lame and pathetic. Don't wanna sound like a ****, but it's so lame that you even started doing it on my facebook on status' and pictures where my friends comment and just wonder what the **** you're talking about. :-/

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free
    Nick Diaz, Mark Hunt, Pat Barry, Wand
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    I don't like fighters that haven't won a championship belt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Diaz bros.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Keem said:

Diaz bros.

You could say Nate but not Nick, Nick won the interim Title
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner