What would happen if Liddell trained and came back against a number 15 guy

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
What would happen if Liddell trained his butt off and came back for one more fight, but against a guy who is more realistically at his level. Like a Forrest/Liddell fight
Tagged:

Comments

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    He'd still be knocked out probably :(

Hell Franklin did it and he had a broken arm.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

weird how a guy could seem completely unbeatable at one point and 5 years later can't even hold his own vs. a number 15 guy

i have a feeling that liddell still was very good toward the end of his career, but they were giving him the best opponents possible for every match (besides franklin. if they just gave him more realistic opponents (guys ranked 10-15) instead of consistently giving him very top guys he would have had a better end of his career
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,731Free
    He would test positive for cocaine
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    Sisti said:

weird how a guy could seem completely unbeatable at one point and 5 years later can't even hold his own vs. a number 15 guy

i have a feeling that liddell still was very good toward the end of his career, but they were giving him the best opponents possible for every match (besides franklin. if they just gave him more realistic opponents (guys ranked 10-15) instead of consistently giving him very top guys he would have had a better end of his career
    The thing is Liddell probably wouldn't want to fight guys ranked 10-15. Guys in his situation want to hang with the best in the division and if they can't, they hang up the gloves and retire.
    WarWest said:

He would test positive for cocaine

LoL

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Sisti said:

Yeah i know. Kinda sad. I don't necessarily feel like they gave him too much of a test. You know he lost to Rampage. not a bad loss considering Rampage used to be good. They pair him against Jardine. not bad there. Throw him Wanderlei and does well. He split with jardine and beat wandy so step it up. they give him Rashad. makes sense. he dies. then the UFC gives him... Shogun? lol wth. didn't like that one. then they give him franklin. I don't mind who they threw in front of him other than Shogun.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
    PATSTER said:

I'd like to see Chuck take a hook from Glover on the chin and see what happens.

Glover is a chump. Chuck could take that **** and keep moving forward winging overhands...

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    edited March 2013

Sisti said:

Yeah i know. Kinda sad. I don't necessarily feel like they gave him too much of a test. You know he lost to Rampage. not a bad loss considering Rampage used to be good. They pair him against Jardine. not bad there. Throw him Wanderlei and does well. He split with jardine and beat wandy so step it up. they give him Rashad. makes sense. he dies. then the UFC gives him... Shogun? lol wth. didn't like that one. then they give him franklin. I don't mind who they threw in front of him other than Shogun.
    I think that he would have done ok if they would have gave him someone that isn't a striker to let him get his confidence back at the time. Most of those guys that he faced have a pretty high KO percentage. I mean most people are saying that Franklin was a good matchup for him but Rich has 15 knockouts out of his 29 wins. Shogun and Rampage both were knocking people out at that time and anyone would have dropped to that punch from Rashad. It sucks that Chuck's chin wasn't as good but it also wasn't as bad as people say on these forums.

At this point though Chuck has been out of the game for too long and should just stay retired.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Chuck would get dropped by a jab at this point
  • Bobo_VieriBobo_Vieri Posts: 614Free
    Well.. Chuck would murder Forrest, or a weak striker like Davis anytime.
    ??apparently the the only way to kill a lion is by rear naked choke?personally i?d just kick it in the head.?? ? Bas Rutten
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    He would get Koed by any top 15 guy and would lose a UD to any top 20 guy...for example Joey Beltran would KO him...Kyle THE BU Kingsbury would UD him

He's just that gone from his prime...and to be honest I always respected his wanting to Throw Down and all but he never was the best LHW at any given time....either Randy,Rampage,Wandy had his number...and he had to eye poke Randy to get one of those wins
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free

PATSTER said:

Glover is a chump. Chuck could take that **** and keep moving forward winging overhands...
    Agree with the first part but Chuck would get KOd by a Rashad jab catch nowadays.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,013Free
    Any LHW wins at the touch of gloves by KO.

And as stated above, chuck tests positive for cocaine, ecstacy, and all other helluva drugs.
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,955Free
    Chuck has the skills and power to beat anybody at LHW, but he doesn't have the body anymore. His brain shuts down a lot easier than it used to, yet his style requires a solid chin. He has a 50-50 chance in any fight of either scoring a KO or getting KO'd himself. He could still get some wins, but at this point, why? It wouldn't add much to his legacy unless he were to recapture the title which is unrealistic to say the least.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free

Any LHW wins at the touch of gloves by KO.

And as stated above, chuck tests positive for cocaine, ecstacy, and all other helluva drugs.

No lie...I has a Drive Improvement Program I had to complete 2 months ago

And in one of the sections it talked bout not taking drugs and driving...in one of the power point there was a picture of Chuck at a party lol

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    Chuck would KO any LHW except Rampage and Rich
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free

PATSTER said:

Chuck can NOT take ANY strike to the chin and be ok at this point he should be known as "No chin" Chuck Liddell
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    Liddell had the skillset to remain in the top 5 at the time he retired but his body was done. His partying did take a toll in a few of his last fights however by the end he had rededicated himself to fighting and a comeback and had diversified his fighting style again instead of just head hunting. His chin had different ideas however and had just taken too much punishment over the years and gave out on him, so unless they find a new version of TRT that gives him the chin of a younger man he wouldn't be able to compete with a top 15.
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    Maybe a couple of kilos of product and several gallons of liquor ago..

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Chuck could never come back- he's too old and his style is too predictable. That, and his chin has turned to porcelain.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free
    A lot of people don't realize how great a wrestler Chuck Liddell really was. However, instead of using it to takedown and control his opponent, he usually used it to keep fights standing. Unfortunately this proved to be his undoing in his later years. If he'd changed his style (not exactly fan friendly for the average UFC viewer) to be more grappling oriented, I think he could've lasted longer.

He was in great shape for the Franklin fight and was winning handily before he got caught. Unfortunately when he thought he saw a window of opportunity, he charged in head first, hands down. His chin met Franklin's fist and a shot that might have rocked the old Chuck simply put him out cold. If he'd have fought smart he could've won that fight easily.
  • Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 114Free
    He should come back and fight Wanderlei

Sisti said:

true...it made sense to throw him rashad after he beat Wanderlei because people were still thinking he was the man at that point. it's hard to predict the future when you are dealing with a guy like Chuck who was so good at one point that they couldn't find anyone to even put him against. i think they could have gave him a little bit easier of an opponent than rashad though seeing as though he lost 2 in a row before he beat wanderlei. also, the shogun fight was ridiculous at that point since he lost 3 of his last 4. it was just a sad way to see his career end
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    he would get KTFO again
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

he would get KTFO again

Most likely, but the thing is...he couldn't end his career any worse than how he already did. At least he'd be giving it a shot and I think that's worth it at this point. Time's creeking up and in your 40's you really only have one last shot to be competitive in the UFC
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Lidell could be champion if he trained his butt off and laid off the drugs.He was never any of that and was still as good as they come,so ya no problem seeing him wear the belt.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.