Is Jake shields the most boring fighter in UFC history?

JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Other than the time he beat up GSP...

SD'd vs. Kampmann that he should have lost.
gets KTFO by Hellenbooger.
Ultra-boring vs. Akiyama
Ultra-boring No contest vs. Herman

I think even if he wins, he's gonna get cut.

Is Jake shields the most boring fighter in UFC history?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
FEB. 2010
Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

Comments

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,211Free
    No. Guida is more boring - He has never been exciting, only bouncy.
    No Volkmann is/was followed closely by Fitch and the marine dude that won TUF.

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yes, Jake shields is the most boring.

Colton Smith is in the Army
    yes_logo.png
    380 x 238 - 19K
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free

you're ****ing crazy

FEB. 2010
    ^The yes was for OP
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    No

GSP is
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

you're ****ing crazy

No Fitch, Volkmann and Smith make Jake look exciting.

you're ****ing crazy

No Fitch, Volkmann and Smith make Jake look exciting.
    you're ****ing crazy
    FEB. 2010
    Oh snap i forgot about Guida lol

When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled and gallantly he chickened out

Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Clay!

If you have a FOTY then by principle you shouldn't qualify. lol. Especially w/ 2x FOTY's (vs.Griffin; vs.Sanchez)

Megumi Fuji

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    Keem said:

If you have a FOTY then by principle you shouldn't qualify. lol. Especially w/ 2x FOTY's (vs.Griffin; vs.Sanchez)

Guida FOTY or FOTN is in fact Beat up of the year or night. He is watch worthy only when he is losing. Jake Shield is boring loss or win.

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • No. Guida is more boring - He has never been exciting, only bouncy.
    Guida. Bouncy.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
    KOOKORK said:

Keem said:

Guida FOTY or FOTN is in fact Beat up of the year or night. He is watch worthy only when he is losing. Jake Shield is boring loss or win.

The Griffin fight was more competitive. The Huerta fight was in favor of Guida till the comeback. I can't remember if the Huerta fight was a FOTY, but might as well been a candidiate ya know.

Megumi Fuji

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Yes!

• Teenage FanboyTeenage Fanboy Posts: 82Free
    Are you from Mars? No Fitch?
    My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text

Fitch vs Silva is worth watching to the end. No fight w/ Shields is worth watch to the end. Not even the Akiyama fight.

Megumi Fuji

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,258Free
    Guida is definately the worst
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    ^ in the ufc

Megumi Fuji

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,258Free
    Keem said:

Fitch vs Silva is worth watching to the end. No fight w/ Shields is worth watch to the end. Not even the Akiyama fight.
    Yeah only because of Silva though, he took a lot of chances and tried his best to make it exciting

Fitch tried his best to carpet.....but he is not that good...hence why he got cut
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

Keem said:

Yeah only because of Silva though, he took a lot of chances and tried his best to make it exciting

Fitch tried his best to carpet.....but he is not that good...hence why he got cut
    Even if I agreed someone SUCCEEDED in making it watchable to the end.

Akiyama couldn't do it for Shields and that's saying something. I'm not the one to label fighters boring, but Shields turns me off from watching hard.

Megumi Fuji

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,724Free
    WarWest said:

No

GSP is

This ^^^

Yo
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 803Free
    Clearly the stupidiest thing you've said Jungle Bird in a while with the beating up GSP part. That's why he didn't win, almost got ktfo and other things lol.

Clearly the stupidiest thing you've said Jungle Bird in a while with the beating up GSP part. That's why he didn't win, almost got ktfo and other things lol.

Beanslegend is like Zaksame with down's syndrome
    FEB. 2010
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free

Ultra-boring vs. Akiyama

Submission fighting can be boring.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free

Yeah, Colton Smith is like the new age Jake Shields, and thank god Volkmann is gone. Still, for now Jake Shields is easily the most boring fighter currently in the UFC.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    Yes, but Fitch was more boring before he got canned.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    edited March 2013
    waikru said:

Yes, but Fitch was more boring before he got canned.

Fitch at least had one good fight against Erick Silva, Shields is literally incapable of being entertaining.
    Post edited by Galvanik on
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free

Ultra-boring vs. Akiyama

He hasn't submitted somebody in four years, so its not his submission game that is boring. I think its his stalling game that is boring.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

Ultra-boring vs. Akiyama

He hasn't submitted somebody in four years, so its not his submission game that is boring. I think its his stalling game that is boring.
    Anderson Silva is more of a submission fighter than Shields
    FEB. 2010