As of a few minutes ago, I am officially a Nick Diaz fan.

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
I listened to the conference call with him and Georges St. Pierre. I gotta say, I am impressed with his passion. I identify with all of his character imperfections. This guy is incredibly human. I can't say I relate to Georges St. Pierre.

I believe GSP is going to win, though. People like Nick, people like me; we're beautiful for our character-defining losses. It would be refreshing if Nick won, though.
Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Tagged:

Comments

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    good to hear, Nick is awesome and always mis understood

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    Yeah. It's hard to accept, really, but I guess I'm a lot like him.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free
    Megasoup said:

I listened to the conference call with him and Georges St. Pierre. I gotta say, I am impressed with his passion. I identify with all of his character imperfections. This guy is incredibly human. I can't say I relate to Georges St. Pierre.

I believe GSP is going to win, though. People like Nick, people like me; we're beautiful for our character-defining losses. It would be refreshing if Nick won, though.

What took you soo long.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    WarWest said:

Welcome to the dark side Luke

B-) ...and the right side ;)
  • therien87therien87 Posts: 354Free
    All Diaz did during that call is whine... Whining about how he had it more tough than GSP. Whining that he get l>*s by a soccer mom because of GSP. Whining about how he doesn't have as many people to pamper him whine whine whine. Stop talking like white tr*** show your face at press conference. stop acting like a **** in the cage and stop smoking weed. Maybe things would be better.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    His arguments were stupid. He would change the subject and talk about **** unrelated to the question and just talk over GSP whenever he tried to talk. Diaz acts like he's poor when he's far from it.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,667Free

His arguments were stupid. He would change the subject and talk about **** unrelated to the question and just talk over GSP whenever he tried to talk. Diaz acts like he's poor when he's far from it.

I personally wouldn't say all of his arguments were stupid

I do agree he is not poor but acts like he can't even buy a bag of weed

Diaz can be a major idiot when talking
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,415Free
    I definitely respect Diaz as a fighter. The conference call definitely showed a different side of him and his frustration with how the media portrays him. One day I might consider rooting for the guy, I still can't stand all the taunting and **** talking he does while fighting though. But I truly do think he is a humble guy.

Nick Diaz-"No one wants to learn how to learn jiu-jitsui or boxing, no everyone wants to learn how to superman punch like GSP."--lmao.

GSP-"Nick I speak better English than you." lmao. Georges actually not being a robot for once. War St.Pierre!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,028Free
    I find GSP very easy to relate to. Areas of Quebec are no joke. dude was a garbageman for **** sake. not like he's some rich kid from a private school etc. he did it tough, made it to the top, and holds his position. as well as being an absolute class act and honest about his self assessment. anyone whos trained with him says hes humble with a work ethic second to none. GSP is a **** boss.

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• Oh_NoOh_No Posts: 114Free
    All I know is, it's gonna be a great fight!
  • megamanmegaman Posts: 5,281Free
    I guess Dana told them to be more agressive towards one another.

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    PATSTER said:

How ****ing dare you, comparing yourself to Nick Diaz.

What makes you think you've reached that level of 209 gangsta status? Because it's pretty much impossible to replicate.

LMAO

Honestly tho, I came out of that call liking Diaz more. That is probably the peak of Diaz's popularity because the truth is he was still very much mysterious and we all wanted to finally hear him talk. Once we heard his story you actually start realizing he's not that bad of a guy and he's just trying to do his best with what he has

What he's saying isn't groundbreaking (GSP fights safe, his swearing, his promoting a fight), but what I did like was that he showed his human side during the call. He has a lot of drive and way more to gain from this than GSP and that's why he came across better on the call. Also, fighting is probably the biggest mental component of any competitive sport there is. If you don't think Chael's success came partially from getting in Silva's head or that Diaz will have an edge by getting in GSP's head, you are wrong. There's definitely a huge factor of your mental state when it comes to fighting or anything in life
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    NyteRyder said:

I definitely respect Diaz as a fighter. The conference call definitely showed a different side of him and his frustration with how the media portrays him. One day I might consider rooting for the guy, I still can't stand all the taunting and **** talking he does while fighting though. But I truly do think he is a humble guy.

Nick Diaz-"No one wants to learn how to learn jiu-jitsui or boxing, no everyone wants to learn how to superman punch like GSP."--lmao.

GSP-"Nick I speak better English than you." lmao. Georges actually not being a robot for once. War St.Pierre!

Haha it was just an awesome call and it was refreshing to see people being real for once...everyone is too staged these days. I liked the days of being a kid when people just said what they really thought and weren't beaten down by society to act a certain way you're "SUPPOSED TO" at all times

Great call, and I like both guys now
  • whofarted77whofarted77 Posts: 9Ultimate
    If you don't appreciate what you have, then you will probably lose it.

Sports champions are satisfied with their jobs. The truly great athletes train because of a passion and the money comes as a bonus. Do you think Kobe Bryant really needs another 25 million dollars?
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    PATSTER said:

How ****ing dare you, comparing yourself to Nick Diaz.

What makes you think you've reached that level of 209 gangsta status? Because it's pretty much impossible to replicate.

this
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free

Nick Diaz is the GOAT

A
    Y
    E
    S
    T
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    cruz2990 said:

Nick Diaz is the GOAT

A
    Y
    E
    S
    T
    cruz2990 said:

Nick Diaz is the GOAT

A
    Y
    E
    S
    T
    shut the **** up you uneducated fool
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

If you don't appreciate what you have, then you will probably lose it.

Sports champions are satisfied with their jobs. The truly great athletes train because of a passion and the money comes as a bonus. Do you think Kobe Bryant really needs another 25 million dollars?

Does GSP really need another 25 minutes in the cage?
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free
    WarWest said:

I personally wouldn't say all of his arguments were stupid

I do agree he is not poor but acts like he can't even buy a bag of weed

Diaz can be a major idiot when talking

Agreed, but never knowing what he's gonna say next make's me love him all the more. The dude is out there!.

My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine