Johny Hendricks on St. Pierre saying it's hard to knock people out: "Not really dude."

TorroTorro Posts: 19Free
Source

LOL i love all the BS Hendricks been talking about GSP lately
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
    =)) =)) =)) =))
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Lol I don't even dislike GSP but that was well played by Hendricks.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,296Free
    Yeah, but Hendricks lost a UD to Rick Story
    jduk said:

=)) =)) =)) =))
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,388Free
    GSP: 23 wins ; 1 by split decision
    Hendricks: 14 wins ; 2 by split decision & 1 by majority

lol GSP may not finish fights but at least he completely dominates his opponent to the point where the judges don't think the other guy won.

in the end though...

**** GSP
    I'm impartial and indecisive on hendricks
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,048Free
    What's hard for one man may be easier for the other. so what..
    For example, not crying and whining every time he has the possibility to do so seems ez for GSP but very hard for Hendricks.

I mean seriously. The man should shut the **** up and realize that he hasn't done anything that great. Yes, he managed to land 2 quick knockouts against big names in the division. But if he took his head out of his **** he's figure out that this might very well have been luck, like... does he think he's the first guy in the UFC to get overhyped because of 1 punch knockouts? this has happened dozens of times. Just think of Hardy...

Had he looked consistently dominant since he appeared on the radar, I'd be supporting him a bit more. But his non-stop crying attitude coupled with the fact that he really didn't look that good against Koscheck really have me leaning towards him getting 2 lucky knockouts in a row, plain and simply. And I actually expect him to get tko'd by Condit.
  • TheEmperorTheEmperor Posts: 1,764Free
    jduk said:

and Koscheck lol
    texttext

GSP 1-3-5

• button_manbutton_man Posts: 1,950Free
    hendricks is not like this type of fighter before but when they replaced him with diaz,he started talking his way to get a title shot.
    i understand where is he coming from,he earned the shot but took away because of all the crap diaz was talking about gsp
    and the bad blood started.
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    Knock out power is something you have or you don't. You can train and improve you striking power but you can't turn cody mackenzie into carwin.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,077Free

hendricks is not like this type of fighter before but when they replaced him with diaz,he started talking his way to get a title shot.
    i understand where is he coming from,he earned the shot but took away because of all the crap diaz was talking about gsp
    and the bad blood started.

Actually he has a reputation for being a huge **** in collegiate wrestling.

That said he's completely in the right here. WAR HENDRICKS
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free

What's hard for one man may be easier for the other. so what..

EXACTLY! Look at guys like Vitor or Anderson. They get quick KO's like it's nothing, but they also have more losses on their record than GSP. Let's be honest, GSP is about as well-rounded as they come and NO ONE is perfect. His flaw is that his biggest strength is wrestling...and his 2 RELATIVE weakest areas are submissions and knockout power. Of course that would lead to him having less finishes than certain guys like Carwin, Vitor, Overeem, etc.
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    GSP doesn't have that one-punch KO power that everyone talks about. Hendricks does. It's as simple as that. Hendricks is far more capable of KO'ing his opponents than GSP will ever be. Every athlete is different.

On a side note, I do agree with GSP that Kos should've gotten the nod over Hendricks. That was a pretty lousy fight, but I had it 29-28 Koscheck. Hendricks got lucky.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,503Free
    Gobbo said:

Knock out power is something you have or you don't. You can train and improve you striking power but you can't turn cody mackenzie into carwin.

I believe ur right in a way...some guys are born with nature KO power...there are guys out there who just are like that...and I also think these same guys always have a really strong core most of the times

But Power is not the only way for a guy to get KOs....some guys can get the KO with Speed and Volume punches...look at Nick Diaz...and some guys can get it from landing well times counters like how Lyoto got a few of his counters

I'm not saying ur wrong at all...I'm just saying if a guy can find out early (which many times his pride will stop him) that he does not have that god given KO power he can find other ways to get that KO
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,965Free
    edited March 2013
    GSP could KO or sub people if he would just take a chance in fights. He is so worried about losing the dominant position or leaving himself open that he won't try.

Some people like hendricks do have natural KO power though and that is something that can't be taught. I agree with Brute though that there are other ways to get the finish.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

GSP could KO or sub people if he would just take a chance in fights. He is so worried about losing the dominant position or leaving himself open that he won't try.

Some people like hendricks do have natural KO power though and that is something that can't be taught. I agree with Brute though that there are other ways to get the finish.

Hardy, Kos, Shields should have been easy finishes for him in my opinion
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,053Free
    ijosef said:

GSP doesn't have that one-punch KO power that everyone talks about. Hendricks does. It's as simple as that. Hendricks is far more capable of KO'ing his opponents than GSP will ever be. Every athlete is different.

On a side note, I do agree with GSP that Kos should've gotten the nod over Hendricks. That was a pretty lousy fight, but I had it 29-28 Koscheck. Hendricks got lucky.

Fightmetrics had Hendricks outstriking Koscheck every single round.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,965Free
    edited March 2013
    WarWest said:

Hardy, Kos, Shields should have been easy finishes for him in my opinion
    Hardy and Kos for sure. I will give him a pass for Shields because of the eye injury.

Look at Kos. His eye was basically swelled shut after the first round. That gives you twenty minutes to get a knockout when a guy has a huge blind spot and GSP didn't finish. I know that he could have.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*