Did Diaz make a fool of himself on conference call?

Showtime956Showtime956 Posts: 660Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Discuss.

Did Diaz make a fool of himself on conference call?

This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Fighters arent born, they're MADE

Comments

• UFCDynastyUFCDynasty Posts: 2,469Free
    No
    Everyone already knew he wasn't the smartest guy in the world. What he did was make this fight more exciting and more appealing. Diaz made that the best Conf Call ever!
    Pariah MMA- Amateur Fighter, Colorado Springs CO

Ellenberger

Bendo

Cerrone

Condit

Bader

Diaz
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Yes
    He made it entertaining but at the same time he did make himself look like a fool
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • GobboGobbo Posts: 1,371Free
    I didn't hear it, what happened?
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    No
    Nick kept it real. Grease can't understand a god damn thing because his ego is constantly being stroked by Firas while money falls out of his pockets
  • TDCTDC Posts: 115Free
    No
    Nah i don't think he did,just trying to get as much money as possible,ain't nothing wrong with that
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    No
    I thought he did well considering. He tried to get his frustrations over and made a good job explaining how he feels about GSP and MMA in general. Much of what he said was the truth

GSP sounded like an **** at times, talking down to someone because they didnt know the best way to construct a sentence. thats petty and lame in my book

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    No
    Diaz is gonna whoop some ****

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE
  • JimzJimz Posts: 1,048Free
    edited March 2013
    that intro killed me

-Dana: ''I don't think there is any shocker were looking for nick diaz, we can't find him, as soon as we do we'll put him on the call.''
    -Typical pothead voice out of nowhere: ''helloo''

Post edited by Jimz on
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,359Free
    No
    fobar said:

I thought he did well considering. He tried to get his frustrations over and made a good job explaining how he feels about GSP and MMA in general. Much of what he said was the truth

GSP sounded like an **** at times, talking down to someone because they didnt know the best way to construct a sentence. thats petty and lame in my book

This 100% Diaz explained how he feels and made some good points on the rules etc GSP resorted to attacking the way he speaks to try win the arguement which was more foolish imo.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    No
    GSP sounded like prick andi hope he gets KTFO for it
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    yes because interrupting people and swearing at them all the time isn't at all disrespectful is it lol
    Yes
    Nick needs helps.. That is all
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,052Premium
    If Nick talked then yes of course he did.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,711Free
    No

If Nick talked then yes of course he did.

LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Actually, I don't think he did. The more this guy talks the more I like him, I think I may be a Diaz fan now:\

And this is odd because I used to think he went full retard when he spoke.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yes

fighters don't make a fool of themselves outside the cage. they might all be fools and that's irrelevant.

fighters make a fool of themselves when they avoid fighting and start running.

User like to misconstrue running and avoiding fighting w/ fighting smart and you can't do that at the UFC level of MMA. If any fighter was ever running, or avoiding the fight the ref would step in.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • Beloved89Beloved89 Posts: 215Free
    No
    No. He is just keepin' it real man.
    WAR CIGANO!!

Cain is far superior to Big Foot, and so is Spartacus_ to me. I should not bet against the undefeated GOAT poster.
    Yes
    You read what I typed

Megumi Fuji

Yes

Keem said:

You read what I typed

"If any fighter was ever running, or avoiding the fight the ref would step in."

refs doesn't step in enough, and you should know it. i just proved you wrong.
    Not enough times where a fighter ran away from the fight, literally. (Not figuretively)

Mirgliotta stepped in during the Silva vs Maia fight. The refs know the difference; there not subjective.

Megumi Fuji

Yes
    Keem said:

Keem said:

You read what I typed

"If any fighter was ever running, or avoiding the fight the ref would step in."

refs doesn't step in enough, and you should know it. i just proved you wrong.
    Not enough times where a fighter ran away from the fight, literally. (Not figuretively)

Mirgliotta stepped in during the Silva vs Maia fight. The refs know the difference; there not subjective.
    ^they're not subjective

Megumi Fuji

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,639Free
    Yes
    I had the Condit vs Diaz fight in favor of Diaz as well. Scoring is based on effective striking, grappling, aggression, and octagon control. The last two were obviously in favor of Diaz, although Carlos outstruck Nick according to all the stats. Was his striking "effective?" I guess that's subjective. There was very limited grappling the entire fight, but what little there was I'd have in favor of Nick (I think it was in the fourth round if I'm not mistaken).

I'm a fan of good footwork, circling out, repositioning, etc, but at some point it crosses the line into active avoidance. I think Condit walked that line during the Diaz fight and should not have been rewarded with the decision victory. Guida was warned for his avoidance during the Maynard fight, and we shouldn't even have to mention Kalib Starnes' performance against Nate Quarry.

Hopefully refs in the future recognize the difference between sound boxing tactics (circling away from the cage, working angles, etc) and when that crosses the line into fight avoidance.
    Yes
    ijosef said:

I had the Condit vs Diaz fight in favor of Diaz as well. Scoring is based on effective striking, grappling, aggression, and octagon control. The last two were obviously in favor of Diaz, although Carlos outstruck Nick according to all the stats. Was his striking "effective?" I guess that's subjective. There was very limited grappling the entire fight, but what little there was I'd have in favor of Nick (I think it was in the fourth round if I'm not mistaken).

I'm a fan of good footwork, circling out, repositioning, etc, but at some point it crosses the line into active avoidance. I think Condit walked that line during the Diaz fight and should not have been rewarded with the decision victory. Guida was warned for his avoidance during the Maynard fight, and we shouldn't even have to mention Kalib Starnes' performance against Nate Quarry.

Hopefully refs in the future recognize the difference between sound boxing tactics (circling away from the cage, working angles, etc) and when that crosses the line into fight avoidance.

I more so hope the fans recognize the difference

Megumi Fuji

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,115Free
    Pretty much, diaz is so gotten to......... B-)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• AashtonAashton Posts: 2Premium
    Yes
    What Diaz sounded like was a bitter little brat. If you want "GSP status" then work to build your image. To Diaz fans: Don't say he doesn't want (GSP status) either because that's all he talked about. "GSP has this and GSP has that" and "Nobody likes me"...blah, blah, blah. And I would bet GSP wasn't being condescending when he said he didn't understand what Diaz was saying. Who could understand that jibberish anyway? Diaz is a great fighter, but he is a mental midget imo.
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,565Elite
    No
    Nah

Nick was Nick.

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    I tried to listen to it, but couldn't. The whole thing was just terribly set up, loads of background noise, Nick was obviously having problems with his connection, and I couldn't understand what some of the guys were even saying.
  • therien87therien87 Posts: 354Free
    Yes
    All I heard from Diaz is whining. Whining about how much harder his career is blablabala. Like GSP said he's the one to blame. stop smoking weed and acting like a **** bag in the ring you'll be successful and have pleny of pampering. good day.
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    first of all he makes a fool of himself in EVERY interview he does, because all he ever does is ramble incoherently

this was no different, except that he added in a lot of crying.

this guy is actually that stupid that i believe he really doesnt get nike wont sponsor him, why he doesnt get the same respect.

• DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    Yes
    on top of that, Diaz said if he was in the position GSP is, he'd pamper himself. How can he accuse someone of doing something that is his own goal?