Diaz/GSP is sounding a lot like Chael/Silva

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
GSP and Silva have reached levels of success that people dream about. They got to the very top and were the fighters everyone loved and looked up to. But fame and privilege gives people less of a drive at times, and pride comes before the fall.

I feel like Silva was at an all-time low publicly before he fought Chael. He just had an absolutely embarassing fight against Maia and his star fell about as much as anyone could imagine in just one fight.

GSP is in the same situation right now. His long absence and the HUGE amount of criticism he's been getting for safe fighting has made him the lowest he's ever been in terms of glory and fan reaction. Diaz is just capitalizing on this the same way that Chael capitalized on Silva's spot of weakness.

It's funny cuz GSP/SILVA still are the top 2 guys, but it just goes to show you that there's always going to be new people that are hungry and more driven coming for that spot, and you can't rest on your past accomplishments
Post edited by Sisti on
Tagged:

Comments

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    All I know is GSP is in Nicks head...... B-)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,760Free
    cruz2990 said:

=)) =)) =)) =))
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    cruz2990 said:

• JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    GSP is not top 2
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    Lol he was so butthurt at the press conference and then when GSP called him a uneducated fool......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

Jon Jones > GSP

Aldo>Jones>GSP
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,045Free
    Sisti said:

GSP and Silva have reached levels of success that people dream about. They got to the very top and were the fighters everyone loved and looked up to. But fame and privilege gives people less of a drive at times, and pride comes before the fall.

I feel like Silva was at an all-time low publicly before he fought Chael. He just had an absolutely embarassing fight against Maia and his star fell about as much as anyone could imagine in just one fight.

GSP is in the same situation right now. His long absence and the HUGE amount of criticism he's been getting for safe fighting has made him the lowest he's ever been in terms of glory and fan reaction. Diaz is just capitalizing on this the same way that Chael capitalized on Silva's spot of weakness.

It's funny cuz GSP/SILVA still are the top 2 guys, but it just goes to show you that there's always going to be new people that are hungry and more driven coming for that spot, and you can't rest on your past accomplishments

yeah well as much as GSP gave Diaz a great opportnity in calling him out, GSP also has a great opportunity in this fight. Imagine just for a second that somehow GSP manages to finish Diaz.. That would seriously put a **** in each haters mouth.
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 962Free
    Sonnen might have some similarities to GSP ,but Diaz and Silva have absolutly nothing in common.

Sisti said:

yeah well as much as GSP gave Diaz a great opportnity in calling him out, GSP also has a great opportunity in this fight. Imagine just for a second that somehow GSP manages to finish Diaz.. That would seriously put a **** in each haters mouth.
    Not really

Getting a single finish after

Not finishing for years
    Ducking silva for years
    Cheating
    Tainting the only superfight in the history of the UFC
    Being a boring L&P or jab & run fighter

Still gives me plenty to hate on

A single finish doesn't trump all of that for me
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • WarWest said:

Sisti said:

Not really

Not finishing for years
    Ducking silva for years
    Cheating

Diaz ducked GSP.
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz
  • SpyErSpyEr Posts: 670Free
    cruz2990 said:

Lol he was so butthurt at the press conference and then when GSP called him a uneducated fool......

Well that just shows that Nick is in GSP's head.

WarWest said:

Sisti said:

Not really

Not finishing for years
    Ducking silva for years
    Cheating

Diaz ducked GSP.
    +1

That's why they fight in a week

Smh
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free

Jon Jones > GSP

GSP > Jon by far imo.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• OmoplataneverworksOmoplataneverworks Posts: 513Free
    edited March 2013

Not really

Not finishing for years
    Ducking silva for years
    Cheating

Diaz ducked GSP.

+1

That's why they fight in a week

Smh

You don't remember Diaz running out his trainers back door to duck? He was even to scared to do a conference call with gsp lol.
    Post edited by Omoplataneverworks on
    "I'm not going to accept the fact that this was a loss. I've lost fights before, where, you know, like, I'm not going to accept that either. Herpa derpy derp..." -Nick Diaz

You don't remember Diaz running out his trainers back door to duck? He was even to scared to do a conference call with gsp lol.

Yet he fights GSP in a week

Smh
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,445Free
    edited March 2013
    WarWest said:

Sisti said:

Not really

Not finishing for years
    Ducking silva for years
    Cheating

Despite all that, you would be pretty gotten to if GSP finishes your boy Diaz. As well as several others on here.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,420Free
    GSP > Jones > Silva > Aldo
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,445Free
    Anderson Silva
    GSP
    Aldo
    Jones

OR

A.S.
    Aldo
    GSP
    Jones

No way Jones is ahead of GSP in p4p rankings. GSP held the belt way longer and defended more times. I can see either Aldo or GSP at #2 spot. Aldo deserves more recognition than Jones. People tend to forget the title defenses he had in the WEC.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    The ONLY reason both have lost some lustre is because their games have not improved.Silva didn't improve his wrestling,he simply outsmarted a VERY dumb Sonnen.He backed up to use the cage to support him,it removes the driving backwards take down.Silva relies a LOT on pivoting off his lead leg.If he gets a smart fighter ,that comes in and straight kicks that knee cap,he is in big trouble.Instead al lthese dummies come in and swing at his head,then he bops and pivots and avoids and counters.

GSp needs to improve in MANY areas,he needs elbow use,how to utilize elbow use and he needs wrestling holds.GSP relies on take downs,the odd superman punch and cardio,that is all.He does not utilize combos or kicks,his kicks are a joke,i actually get angry when he wastes his time throwing them.

Bottom line is BOTH these guys are due to lose very soon.Silva has been the luckier fighter,in a sport dominated by wrestling,he has avoided it like the plague.A division of one dimensional fighters,makes for a weak division.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    NyteRyder said:

WarWest said:

Sisti said:

Not really

Not finishing for years
    Ducking silva for years
    Cheating

Despite all that, you would be pretty gotten to if GSP finishes your boy Diaz. As well as several others on here.
    Not really

It would be a bummer but it doesn't affect my life so whatever

I would be gotten to if I was broke, or my **** fell off, etc...
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine