Cesar Gracie on UFC camera guys getting $50,000: "They should pay the fighters more."

wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,352Free
http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Cesar-Gracie-on-UFC-camera-guys-getting-$50,000-They-should-pay-the-fighters-more.html

"No way, it's impossible. The guys that were doing the shoot, the main guy lives in Sacramento, which the drive to Lodi is 45 minutes away. If they're paying the camera guys that much, they should pay the fighters more. Who the hell gets $50,000 for a couple days? Like I said though, it's a non-issue. Nick has met his obligations. I mean he went to Montreal! Nick is training very hard and we're trying to keep the distractions to a minimum." - Cesar Gracie

Also says Nick has missed several promotional sessions costing the ufc $50,000 and Dana has criticized Nick and Cesar for asking for a 1st class flight to 158.

Thoughts on this and who do you agree with?
Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

Comments

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    The article says that Dana White states that "the UFC lost $50,000 due to Diaz's absences". There is other costs to consider other than the salary of the camera guys. They have to pay for the flight, housing, food cost, material costs, etc.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Camera guys do a lot more work than you think
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,352Free
    Lmao off topic in my own thread wtf?
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,042Premium
    The entire camera crew?!?

Yes, what an outrage, an entire camera crew earns more in a few days then some lower level fighters get in a few minutes.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    Flying economy means a guy with Diaz hight has to fold himself into a chair. Nothing short of common sense to have the guy fly 1st class.

Darksjeik said:

Flying economy means a guy with Diaz hight has to fold himself into a chair. Nothing short of common sense to have the guy fly 1st class.

Lol I don't think that is a huge ask they're the main event I bet Georges gets 1st class that pampered mother******!

The entire camera crew?!?

Yes, what an outrage, an entire camera crew earns more in a few days then some lower level fighters get in a few minutes.

I'm not sure sounds like one camera guy got paid 50k from what he is saying.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

camera man must be at home like: 50k? who the **** earns that?

dana white is a ****ing liar

I have to agree if this is the case that one guy got 50k. Fair enough the media including camera men generates money for the company and I'm sure they work hard or whatever, but to say they deserve 50k for a few days work when even pretty good fighters are earning much less than that is unfair. Fighters train for months for their fights they don't just earn that money they make in the 15 minutes you see in the cage.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    Darksjeik said:

I didn't even see the red cup for at least 3 minutes.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,416Free

I have to agree if this is the case that one guy got 50k. Fair enough the media including camera men generates money for the company and I'm sure they work hard or whatever, but to say they deserve 50k for a few days work when even pretty good fighters are earning much less than that is unfair. Fighters train for months for their fights they don't just earn that money they make in the 15 minutes you see in the cage.
    It was for the whole crew including expenses. Fighters usually train via camps 6 - 9 weeks for a fight. While Cameramen have to go to College for 4 years then have an internship for 1 - 2 years. So who has to work longer to make just ok money?
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free
    50 000 isn't really that much for a cameraman, they are professionals
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

It was for the whole crew including expenses. Fighters usually train via camps 6 - 9 weeks for a fight. While Cameramen have to go to College for 4 years then have an internship for 1 - 2 years. So who has to work longer to make just ok money?
    Ok if it was for the whole crew fair enough.

It can take a lot of years to get to that level where a fighter is competing in the UFC tho and it is a much more dangerous job not saying the camera guys need paying less just fighters more than they do.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,636Free
    waikru said:

The article says that Dana White states that "the UFC lost $50,000 due to Diaz's absences". There is other costs to consider other than the salary of the camera guys. They have to pay for the flight, housing, food cost, material costs, etc.

Exactly. Cesar Gracie has a habit of commenting on things he really doesn't understand (whether willingly or out of genuine ignorance I do not know). One can easily see how a couple days of lost filming with an entire crew can ad up to $50k. The salaries of the cameramen are only a portion of that. It's not like the UFC paid one dude fifty grand to go follow Nick Diaz around with a Handycam. A full production crew and all the associated costs really add up.

• rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 3,971Free
    Give Diaz the money to pamper himself with 1st class mother ****.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

Cameramen are probably in a union.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,178Free
    edited March 2013
    Tbh that's none of Slezars business.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,099Free
    I pretty much always agree with anybody who says the UFC should pay its fighters more, but this just looks like Cesar is once again completely clueless on everything going on.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    Darksjeik said:

love the sig. I could watch that for hours.
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    The whole event that costs millions of dollars, the gigantic TV contracts, the obligations to the fans who spent millions of dollars in total for tickets and PPVs etc. RELIES on the main card fighters' well-being and health.
    And the UFC canNOT **** spend a couple of dollars to get him a 1st class plane ticket?!?!

That's ridiculous and makes the UFC look pathetic.
    najma said:

The whole event that costs millions of dollars, the gigantic TV contracts, the obligations to the fans who spent millions of dollars in total for tickets and PPVs etc. RELIES on the main card fighters' well-being and health.
    And the UFC canNOT **** spend a couple of dollars to get him a 1st class plane ticket?!?!

That was the biggest surprise to me too this fight is gonna sell great and it looks bad when the biggest MMA show around won't give a main event fighter a first class ticket to the event.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free

http://fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Cesar-Gracie-on-UFC-camera-guys-getting-$50,000-They-should-pay-the-fighters-more.html

"No way, it's impossible. The guys that were doing the shoot, the main guy lives in Sacramento, which the drive to Lodi is 45 minutes away. If they're paying the camera guys that much, they should pay the fighters more. Who the hell gets $50,000 for a couple days? Like I said though, it's a non-issue. Nick has met his obligations. I mean he went to Montreal! Nick is training very hard and we're trying to keep the distractions to a minimum." - Cesar Gracie

Also says Nick has missed several promotional sessions costing the ufc $50,000 and Dana has criticized Nick and Cesar for asking for a 1st class flight to 158.

Thoughts on this and who do you agree with?

I think cesar is being a **** **** as usual.
    Why would the UFC pay for a 1st class flight that Diaz will most likely miss anyways.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,220Free

najma said:

That was the biggest surprise to me too this fight is gonna sell great and it looks bad when the biggest MMA show around won't give a main event fighter a first class ticket to the event.
    +1

even I fly first class
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

najma said:

+1

even I fly first class
    I fly first class, on Southwest.
    edited March 2013
    Something I don't think you guys are considering is that first class could have been filled. This would have forced Diaz to fly coach. I had this experience not too long ago when making a business trip.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,791Free
    edited March 2013
    diaz is flying economy because hes the side show brought in to amuse the gsp fans sadly :( after this fight he may very well get cut if he doesnt win.

but i have this strange tingly feeling down below that says gsp is going to loose in the most memorable finish of 2013. its hard to ignore.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,018Free
    Caesar isn't saying the camera didn't earn the pay, but that if they are going to pay he/she that much then they should pay the fighter more.
    than the camera guy.

Call me crazy, but I agree...

edited March 2013
    Is nobody reading what White said. He didn't say that he was paying a camera guy 50,000 dollars. He said it cost the UFC 50,000 dollars. First off, there is an entire crew: producers, camera men, etc. These costs also include flight, housing, food cost, material costs, etc. The camera mens labor was probably the smallest portion of the costs.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    edited March 2013
    Fighters are getting so screwed in the UFC. UFC is too big to be a business right now where one guy at the top gets all the money. Lorenzo is a BILLIONAIRE...main eventers like carmouche who train their **** off for 1 fight get 12K! lol that's a joke...it's a difference of 10,000! When you have one person training way harder than another and getting 1/10,000 of the CEO's pay, there's a problem. I know the CEO had more risk and there's other factors at play here, but 1/10,000 is just ridiculous

In baseball and other legit sports, the athletes get contracts over 100million! The more and more you hear about the ridiculous bush league way they come up with compensation in the UFC, the more you see that ESPN had a legit point
    Post edited by Sisti on