Hunt's Kickboxing

MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Everyone has been talking about Hunt vs JDS in terms of who has the better hands and chin, but no one is really acknowledging that Hunt is a KICKboxing champion. Now kicks have never been a huge part of Hunt's game, but he does have vicious power in his legs. We've seen a couple headkicks from JDS, but I really doubt his kicking power and technique is up to par with Hunt.

How do you guys think Hunt's kicking game comes into play? I'm thinking he can use hard leg kicks to keep JDS off balance, giving him the advantage to land his H-bombs.
Post edited by Mangasm on
The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
Tagged:

Comments

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,878Free
    Check out Jack Slack's article on Hunts striking,

"Now the phrase "K-1 level striking" is misleading. While the K-1 Grand Prix is a grueling task for all fighters involved, it is often as much a game of toughness and luck than it is a true tournament of kickboxing skill."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1550085-ufc-on-fuel-8-mark-hunt-k-1-level-striking
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Tahune said:

"Now the phrase "K-1 level striking" is misleading. While the K-1 Grand Prix is a grueling task for all fighters involved, it is often as much a game of toughness and luck than it is a true tournament of kickboxing skill."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1550085-ufc-on-fuel-8-mark-hunt-k-1-level-striking

Stupid statement when you consider that most of the winners have multi championships lol...Hunts torney win was very lucky for him...but he did beat a man in the finals that beat him so its not like he fought a chump

Nice read still considering its BleacherReport...but hunt has had agood counter game for a min now...its not like he's only had it for 3 fights lol
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    Tahune said:

I don't understand; are you implying that toughness and luck aren't factors in mixed martial arts?
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    JDS going to shoot because he knows Hunto would KO him if JDS makes a small mistake.
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

BruteDion said:

Tahune said:

Stupid statement when you consider that most of the winners have multi championships lol...Hunts torney win was very lucky for him...but he did beat a man in the finals that beat him so its not like he fought a chump

Nice read still considering its BleacherReport...but hunt has had agood counter game for a min now...its not like he's only had it for 3 fights lol
    It's a quote directly from the article...i

Jack Slack used to do pieces for Judo Chop @ BE. He's actually a really good analyst. check his blog out.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Tahune said:

BruteDion said:

Tahune said:

Jack Slack used to do pieces for Judo Chop @ BE. He's actually a really good analyst. check his blog out.
    Yah I know it.was not you...it was stupid of him to say that

Should we discredit a few of the UFC guys NCAA wins cuz of a weak torney year...I know a few of the guy benefited greatly cuz the past years champ graduated or wanted to focus more on the world cup or just got injured

I should we take away from werdum in his BJJ weight class championship cuz he was not the absolute champion cuz Damien Maia or Roger Gracie(I can't remember which one it was) beat him
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    Wasn't Gilbert Yvel supposedly a K-1 Level striker too???

oh man he sure did give JDS trouble......
    Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
    BruteDion said:

Tahune said:

BruteDion said:

Tahune said:

Yah I know it.was not you...it was stupid of him to say that

Should we discredit a few of the UFC guys NCAA wins cuz of a weak torney year...I know a few of the guy benefited greatly cuz the past years champ graduated or wanted to focus more on the world cup or just got injured

I should we take away from werdum in his BJJ weight class championship cuz he was not the absolute champion cuz Damien Maia or Roger Gracie(I can't remember which one it was) beat him
    Good point.

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

Wasn't Gilbert Yvel supposedly a K-1 Level striker too???

oh man he sure did give JDS trouble......

Yvel is a bum off his juice, and has a 1-1 K1 record.

Not even close to Hunt's level
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,237Free
    Leg kicks are not Hunt's game and frankly he doesn't need them to beat JDS and tbh i think they could get him in trouble if he used them.

Here's a random rant just for kicks. I always laugh when people talk about how "slow" Hunt is. His cardio is not the best i'll give you that and he can slow down a little when it's a all out brawl out but he is a pretty damn fast HW. His timing, broken rhythm, quickly closing distance and speed of attack are some of the best i've seen at HW.

What makes him even faster is he always lulls people with stalking, relaxed fients then finds thier rhythm then very suddenly and swiftly closes distance and attacks on the half beat with very fast and powerful explosive momentum while they are unprepared between reactions/movements. He is SOO damn GOOD at this.