Arlovski: I want to be the UFC champion again

MMALivesHereMMALivesHere Posts: 80Free
Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski (19-9-1) wants to be back on the big show. “The Pitbull” has a formidable task ahead of him in the form of Anthony “Rumble” Johnson (14-4), who he meets in the main event of the next World Series of Fighting card on March 23. Johnson is on a four-fight win streak and should pose some problems on the feet. But Arlovski admits he’s dreaming of a return to the top of the heavyweight pile. The 34-year-old Belarusian told MMA Weekly he was only getting better with age and had a burning desire for UFC gold.

“I left the UFC on good terms. I don’t want the UFC to take me back in the UFC because I was a champion in the UFC. I want to earn the opportunity to be back in the UFC again... Read more at MMA Lives Here
Tagged:

Comments

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    He should be back...he is a ufc level talent...if he was a LW or WW then no...but HW is really shallow so I say bring him back
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • PenguPengu Posts: 4,130Free
    Bring him back-just wondering how his 'chin' would hold up with the increase of power punches in the division.
    His submission defense/offense should be no problem since Mir has joined Jacksons
    Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast all Night! All day!

Osu!

• TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,698Free
    why not, he still has name power, and their could be some fun matchups in the division for him. Everbody knows he has a suspect chin, but HW is a division where a KO is always one punch away anyway.

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,332Free
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Eh, why not, bring back Arlovski- it's not like it could hurt, and I'd love to see a rematch of him vs. Nelson when the rules are fair.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    I'm thinking the winner of Arlovski Vs Johnson will be back in UFC. I got Johnson by KO

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free
    If Andre loses to a former WW (LOL), then there is no way he's doing anything in the UFC's HW division.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

If Andre loses to a former WW (LOL), then there is no way he's doing anything in the UFC's HW division.

Have u been payin much attention to the UFC lately bruh? Losing to WW's gets you title shots these days

_TUF1_ said:

PoloRidah said:

Have u been payin much attention to the UFC lately bruh? Losing to WW's gets you title shots these days
    True, but I am yet to see someone who lost to a WW outside of the UFC, get rewarded a UFC title shot.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    If he beats Rumble i say go ahead and do it
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    Yeah I say bring him back there's some good match ups for him and if Phil De Fries and other guys that level can compete why not give Arlovski a chance I rate him higher than them.

Bring Johnson back aswell at Heavyweight the division needs some extra talent.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • horrorfan663horrorfan663 Posts: 767Free
    Sylvia and Arlovski should be in the UFC.

They were the Cain and JDS of 2004-06
    their Trilogy of fights were the only thing keeping the HW division relevant Pre-Lesnar era.

They both belong in the UFC Hall of Fame and they both should be fighting in the company. It truly is a shame that they aren't.

People can talk all the smack they want about them, but Sylvia was at one point a 23-2-0 Two-Time UFC Heavyweight Champion and Arlovski practically grew up in the Octagon and Arvloski holds wins over Ben Rothwell, Roy Nelson, and Werdum. The UFC could sell those rematches easily.

The UFC has guys like Rothwell, Christian Morecraft, Shane Del Rosario, and Dave Herman. None of those guys will ever challenge for a belt, and they have little name value. I don't see how they can not Sign back Sylvia and Arlovski.

Obviously they don't need a $50,000 fight contract
    but I'm sure if the UFC signed either men they'd be willing to fight for less.

Silva. idk how i feel about Silva. I feel like anything he had going for him coming into the UFC was ripped away when Cain pulled that drive by on him back at 146. Poor guy never even saw the Astro Van coming.....
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    worse case senario is we see arlovski getting KOd so its win win, least we know there will be finishes.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

worse case senario is we see arlovski getting KOd so its win win, least we know there will be finishes.

yes AJ always delivers.......... :(

Lol I think it's hilarious that this is the first sentence on Johnson's wiki page:

Anthony Kewoa Johnson[1] (born March 6, 1984) is an American mixed martial artist. He is best known for missing weight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    I'd like to see Arlovski back in the UFC and I think the case can be made if he finishes Rumble in his next fight. I don't think he'll ever be a contender, but he'd be a good gatekeeper and opponent for mid-tier heavyweights.

Heck, I'd love to see Sylvia back in the UFC just for the beatdowns. Bring him in, have him go 0-3 and cut him. The thing is, I don't know if he can make the 265 weight limit consistently anymore.
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    PoloRidah said:

Lol I think it's hilarious that this is the first sentence on Johnson's wiki page:

Anthony Kewoa Johnson[1] (born March 6, 1984) is an American mixed martial artist. He is best known for missing weight in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

lmfao!!!!!!!!
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Arlovski should be in the UFC...hed be a middle tier HW
    PoloRidah said:

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    PoloRidah said:

This shouldn't be so funny, but my god it is :)).
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,957Free
    Yeah I'm in favor of Arlovski coming back. He's no title contender at the present, but he's better than some of the other HWs in the UFC for sure. I think he deserves a spot.
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    Bring back Randy too. Arlovski vs. Couture is a fight I have always wanted to see.
  • ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,029Free
    Both Arlovski and Rumble Johnson belong in the UFC, but they both now fight at LHW...not HW.

PS: The weight cutting jokes about Johnson are getting old and are ancient history. He's long since moved to LHW, and is still capable of booting heads off as good as ever.
    Favorites:

HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited March 2013
    johnson doesnt deserve to be in ufc he isnt professional, the amount of times he missed weight was rediculous.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    He is a crap fighter and just looking for a bigger pay cheque.However since the UFC so conveniently brought back Gonzaga i guess ,everyone on the planet deserves a shot.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • jamesreed90jamesreed90 Posts: 512Free
    I'd love to see him back in the UFC if just for one fight and that fight is a rematch with Nelson
    Favorite fighters: Roger Huerta

Chael Sonnen

Sara McMann

Ben Henderson and Cowboy Cerrone

Ross Pearson

Ed Herman

Carlos Condit

Rafael dos Anjos

Bandwagon Game:Bruce Leeroy destroyer of my pick Sergio Pettis

Bandwagon Game pick 2:Jim Miller
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free

Both Arlovski and Rumble Johnson belong in the UFC, but they both now fight at LHW...not HW.

PS: The weight cutting jokes about Johnson are getting old and are ancient history. He's long since moved to LHW, and is still capable of booting heads off as good as ever.

Who fights at LHW? The Johnson/Arlovski fight is at Heavyweight. Johnson will go back down to LHW but I don't think that there is any way that Arlovski could get down to 205. He is pretty ripped at 245.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free

I like AJ and have since he was a WW but the guy missed weight by a WHOLE WEIGHT CLASS. Ancient history or not that is too hilarious to forget.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU