Milwaukee UFC 164!

DangerousJonDangerousJon Posts: 228Free
Yes! I live in central Wisconsin, I'll be attending this for sure.
"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself, makes you fearless." Lao Tzu

text
Tagged:

Comments

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
    edited March 2013
    Hell yeah!!! I live in Milwaukee. Of course I'm going. This was such a huge surprise for me and got me geek'd boi!!! Can't wait for the card to be finalized. Probably going to go no matter who is fighting. Hoping this card is stacked!
    Post edited by Za1994 on
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    are they giving out free beer?
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    Cool...I have a lot of family in Madison...maybe ill take this time to visit them ;)

But expect the card to have a lot of the RufusSport but I doubt the guys who already have fights will be there which will be a shame like Pettis and Pat Barry
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,189Free
    Milwaukee is a short 2 hour drive from my house. So, looks like I am going to another event this year. Stack the card Dana!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• bigdw35bigdw35 Chi-TownPosts: 2,802Moderator, Ultimate
    Ill be there as well!

"ONLY THING WE HAVE TO FEAR...IS FEAR ITSELF"

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,342Free
    Strange timing with Pettis being scheduled already but i'll be in attendance.

PATSTER said:

Wtf, i thought the population of Milwaukee was like, 200 people?

only since Za1994 moved there. It use to be huge.

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    Nice! Would be sweet if they had a card every year in chicago & Milwaukee I am about 1 hour drive from both......Wonder who will be on this card....They should of had Aldo vs Pettis........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,406Free

Absolutely not! When I went to Bendo/Edgar 2 in Denver it cost $8.00 for a cup of bud light. $8.25 for anything that wasn't piss water and the liquor wasn't even priced. LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• DangerousJonDangerousJon Posts: 228Free
    PoloRidah said:

Absolutely not! When I went to Bendo/Edgar 2 in Denver it cost $8.00 for a cup of bud light. $8.25 for anything that wasn't piss water and the liquor wasn't even priced. LoL
    Don't forget this is Wisconsin we're talking about. The three main food groups are beer, cheese and brats.

text
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,583Elite
    Big possibility this might be my first live event in all my years of following the UFC. About a four hour drive for me.

Few questions though.

Depending on where you sit can you reallllly see what's going on or am I going to be watching the big screen the majority of the time?

Also say I sign up for fight club. What are the benefits of the pre order? Also if there was a q&a for this event how many people am I allowed to bring with me since you have to be in fight club?
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Hayden512 said:

Big possibility this might be my first live event in all my years of following the UFC. About a four hour drive for me.

Few questions though.

Depending on where you sit can you reallllly see what's going on or am I going to be watching the big screen the majority of the time?

Also say I sign up for fight club. What are the benefits of the pre order? Also if there was a q&a for this event how many people am I allowed to bring with me since you have to be in fight club?

I've been to 3 events in the last year and haven't had great seats at any of them but it's more about the experience. Sure you might alternate from watching the cage and the screen but you can pay $50 bucks to watch it at home or $50 to watch a screen at the event. Def worth it imo. Can't beat the atmosphere or being able to say you were there.

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,083Free
    Turns out my boy who works at the Bradley Center cant hook anyrhing up. Im from Michigan so the drive cant be that far. Im actually about to look that up. If my paper is right i will likely be in attendence.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,189Free
    Hayden512 said:

Few questions though.

I've been to 4 events. 2 times Upper deck and 2 times lower bowl. If you can get lower bowl seats toward the middle of the arena they are great seats. At the last fox card I met Herb Dean and Big John and got some pics. I also would have met Ryan Bader and Hatsu Hioki. But, I was going to the bathroom at the time they came around our section. When I sat here I didn't really look at the bigscreen at all except for during the walkouts (because they walked in on the opposite side of the arena) or when they were on the ground and not facing me.

When you are in the upper deck its not an aweful view. But, you might catch yourself trying to watch the bigscreen a lot.

Regardless, the atmosphere is worth it. Its nothing like watching on T.V. I would recommend going to at least one for sure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,490Free
    I think this event will either be GSP/Hendricks, Benson/Whoever he's fighting or Rousey vs Tate/Zingano.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

I was hoping it'd be GSP/Hendricks. I think due to the conditions of the event it could be some bigger names.

text
    edited March 2013
    Wow Patster, way to be a **** and disagree with every post of mine you could find. You're an **** nearly every post I see from you.
    Post edited by DangerousJon on

text
    Diggity.

text
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free

Wow Patster, way to be a **** and disagree with every post of mine you could find. You're an **** nearly every post I see from you.

Don't worry about him he takes it in the ****........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

• Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,583Elite
    Cool thanks for the info.

Any help with the fight club stuff? Is it worth it? Can I bring along people to fight club q&as?
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,490Free

gotten to
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

Ares11 said:

gotten to

Actually Patster was the one who decided to seek out my posts and disagree so he's the one who got gotten to.

text
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,938Free
    not surprised...the kid needs Lithium :))
    Ares11 said:

I think this event will either be GSP/Hendricks, Benson/Whoever he's fighting or Rousey vs Tate/Zingano.

I was thinking GSP vs BigRig as well. But next time Gsp fights outside canada it will be in vegas. Rousey with being coach of Tuf18 timing may be right. Along with Bendo

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,466Free
    _TUF1_ said:

Hayden512 said:

Few questions though.

I've been to 3 events in the last year and haven't had great seats at any of them but it's more about the experience. Sure you might alternate from watching the cage and the screen but you can pay $50 bucks to watch it at home or $50 to watch a screen at the event. Def worth it imo. Can't beat the atmosphere or being able to say you were there.
    Hell yeah man. UFC 157 was my first event. I did exactly what you mentioned with alternating between the big screen and the octagon because my seats were in the upper tier. You can't beat the atmosphere. That's what I loved the most. I really want to go to another event. They need to come back to the Honda Center soon or I need to try to save up money to go to Vegas. Definitely worth it if anyone is debating going or not. Do it, is worth the drive and experience.

Next time I go I wanna go earlier so I can catch the autograph sessions from fighters like 3-4 hours before any of the fights start.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 643Free
    I live in Chicago so depending on if the card is intriguing to me I will be there
    text
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    I'll be there. Milwaukee is 45 minutes away from where I live.

The only question is--what will be the headliner? If my math is correct, there are 3 possibilities:

1. Flyweight Championship
    2. Women's Championship
    3. Superfight/Grudge?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,406Free
    cruz2990 said:

I think it could possibly also be Smooth defending his title again say maybe against Alvarez......Which would be good because then they would probably make it a very stacked card......

That would be sweet if it happened, but I don't think Eddie will be done with this **** Bellator is putting him through that soon.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Im in chicago as well. Easy drive