Does Nick Diaz successfully stuff even one takedown.

edh1edh1 Posts: 961Free
There is one area in which GSP has a massive advantage .P
We have one of the most elite MMA wrestlers against possiblty the worst takedown defence at Welterweight.IMO GSP can take him down just about whenever he wants,He takes down Hughes,Shields ,kos and Alves with relative ease.How is DIAZ gonna gain any momentum with his boxing,when the TD's come so easy for GSP.IF GSP gets in any trouble at all,down to the mat Diaz goes.Seriously is Diaz gonna sub GSP OFF HIS BACK.He has never even subbed a top 10er (maybe Gomi umpteen years ago).I understand that people are picking Diaz,BUT HOW DOES THE FIGHT PLAY OUT.I feel Diaz needs a sub off his back,basically because I fail to see how he can gain enough momentum for a TKO Due to the TD'S ,wrestling ect,and Diaz lacks 1 punch power.Does DIAZ stuff a TD.Which way can Diaz win ?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,062Premium
    Nick wasn't good enough to keep off the cage in the sherk fight. At the very least GSP will easily wall and stall.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    edited March 2013
    we havent seen diaz's take down defense in a long time so who knows.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• edh1edh1 Posts: 961Free
    PunchBag said:

we havent seen diaz's take down defense in a long time so who knows.

true enough,it's been a while hasn't it
  • TheEmperorTheEmperor Posts: 1,764Free
    He's got a better shot a stuffing woof tickets.
    texttext

GSP 1-3-5

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    GSP doesn't stall he just doesn't finish and he outstruck Condit anyways minus the kick to the head. Diaz is fighting in a sport that doesn't exist, where only boxing and BJJ are allowed. Unfortunately he's going to learn yet again why it's important to be a MMA fighter in the cage.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    JimmyYO said:

GSP doesn't stall he just doesn't finish and he outstruck Condit anyways minus the kick to the head. Diaz is fighting in a sport that doesn't exist, where only boxing and BJJ are allowed. Unfortunately he's going to learn yet again why it's important to be a MMA fighter in the cage.

outstriking someone =/= wrestling + stalling + throwing more strikes
    something you GSP fans must get in your head.
  • theshaun333theshaun333 Posts: 685Free
    MilesGun said:

JimmyYO said:

Um ... besides the fact that thats not what he meant ... your example is still an example of someobody being out struck ... either way gsp beat condit in ever aspect of that fight ... and im pretty sure after round 1 condit wouldnt have called the gnp that messed his face up "stalling"
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free

MilesGun said:

JimmyYO said:

Um ... besides the fact that thats not what he meant ... your example is still an example of someobody being out struck ... either way gsp beat condit in ever aspect of that fight ... and im pretty sure after round 1 condit wouldnt have called the gnp that messed his face up "stalling"
    Not head kicks, LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free

MilesGun said:

JimmyYO said:

Umm If I remember correctly it was GSP who almost got KTFOd and TKOd soon after. If GSP wasn't scared to strike with Condit then why the hell was he shooting for takedowns every single round. Your argument is invalid.
    most of the fight gsp didnt do anything with his top position, he made no real submission attempts or gnp. Early on sure he cut open condit with some gnp but it was mostly non existant, just condit taken down gets to feet or at least keeps trying to switch etc, gsp landing some strieks against the cage beofre a takedown but very little happened other than condit getting cut by abit of gnp and gsp nearly getting ktfo.
    "Believe in the beard"

• skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,955Free
    GSP by KO/TKO. Prepare to be amazed.
    edited March 2013
    gsp hasnt finished any of his last 5 fights and penn quit in their fight and would have made it to a decision loss so you cold make it 7 fights gsp hasnt finished, no way he finishes diaz who is notoriously difficult to finish.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    its called BJJ...
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,319Free
    lol no

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion