Matt Serra/Sean Sherk

SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
Is Matt Serra retired? It seems like he has not had a fight in so long, but I don't remember hearing anything about a retirement. The dude is a 3rd degree jiu-jitsu black belt, ultimate fighter winner, funny personality, and former champ so I think there is definitely fan interest in him

Also, where has Sean Sherk been? The guy has one of the best records in all of MMA and is a former champ...I think he should be getting a match sometime very soon
Tagged:

Comments

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    Sherk keeps getting injured but was hoping to return early this year. No idea if that is still the plan.

Serra has been coaching and had a kid. I doubt he will ever be in the Octagon again, he was 200 pounds at 131 when he said he had a little left. But that was two years ago and we haven't heard anything since. I'm guessing that he has dedicated himself to coaching Weidman.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free

Sherk keeps getting injured but was hoping to return early this year. No idea if that is still the plan.

Serra has been coaching and had a kid. I doubt he will ever be in the Octagon again, he was 200 pounds at 131 when he said he had a little left. But that was two years ago and we haven't heard anything since. I'm guessing that he has dedicated himself to coaching Weidman.

Yeah, I have a feeling Serra hung em up

I wonder if MMA will be like pro wrestling where people just refuse to ever retire and go into something new, or if people will actually stop fighting once their time is done. I have a feeling more people will retire at the right time because there's no way you could continue to compete at a high-level in the UFC when you are getting up there in age and barely training
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    Sherk, on the other hand, is a legit fighter and a lot of current fans never realized how good he truly was. He's freakin 36-4 with some decent names on his resume (nick diaz, florian, griffin, dunham). He's getting up there in age, but I think he has the potential to get one last title run if he worked his **** off
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,962Free
    I wish he would lose some muscle and cut down to 145 if he does come back.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free

I wish he would lose some muscle and cut down to 145 if he does come back.

I feel the same way...unless you have the power to finish him...more times then not he's winning that fight

Even though he juiced he was one of.my fav fighters...I don't know how good of a skills coach he is but I would deff hire him SnC coach...and his hands had no power but his combos and hand speed were legit
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>