I Want to Hear Your Analysis of the Fight

AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
We only have a few hours before the fights get underway, so I thought it would be fun to get some in depth analysis from those of you who'd like to share your thoughts on what the outcome of the fight is likely to be. I'm interested to know what you think the gameplan of each fighter is going to be in the main event, and how both fighters will look to counter the strengths of his opponent.

I'm looking to have fun with this and see who comes the closest to predicting the gameplan of each fighter and how effective those gameplans will be. Once a few of you have shared, I'll give you my opinions on the fight.

This doesn't have to be restricted to the main event, by the way. You can speculate on any of tonight's fights. Thanks for sharing.
Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,667Free
    I think Nate will get KTFO via "Yesterdays_Hero Gotten To"
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
    Lol!
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    diaz thinks he is the way superior standup fighter, and has likely trained the hell out of his bottom game, knowing he will get taken down.

like many of the ignoramuses on this forum, diaz will be shocked to find out gsp is better on the feet, and like condit, will realize quickly gsp top game is the best in mma, and its not just lying on you.

gsp will win exhange after exchange, diaz will open up to try to instill his volume game and get taken down, eat some shots on the ground, sweep and start over.

this will happen over and over for 25 minutes unless gsp hurts him bad enough to swarm and finish. either that or diaz quits on the stool after 3 or 4 rounds
  • prodigy9prodigy9 Posts: 1,646Free
    I think they'll exchange early before GSP gets a take down, Diaz will try sub attempt after attempt off of his back. GSP will let the fight stand & get the better of him standing by landing little flurries & getting in & out.

He'll mix it up & get 2-3 take downs per round but not do anything when he gets there.

Diaz will feel the fight slipping away & try to knock him out, this will either result in GSP landing even more & picking him off & Diaz looking a mess at the end OR Diaz landing 1 or more big shots & GSP give up his game plan are start taking him down more & more.

I see GSP easily winning this fight 50-45 or 49-46 but I'd love more than anything for Diaz to land a Diaz vs Lawler esque shot end finish GSP, failing that a nice sub from his back, neither are too far fetched IMO.
    JDS,Hunt.

Teixeira, Shogun, Nedkov,Manuwa.

Lombard, Bisping, Belfort.

Hathaway, Semtex,

Sass, Khabib 'The Eagle,

Barboza, Barao.

Cro Cop-Penn-Liddell

I actually think that the fight will be quite even on the feet in the beginning. I foresee GSP using a lot of leg kicks and jabs while Nick pressures him. I think that Nick might even frustrate GSP at first with an apparent lack of concern for the takedown. But, I think that GSP will take him down eventually - as I predict that's a big part of his gameplan - and work in his guard long enough to land some pretty solid ground and pound, then let Diaz up. I think that Georges will do this time after time until Nick becomes wary of the take down. Once this happens, George will begin to get the better of Nick in the stand up exchanges. I imagine George learned from Ben Henderson. I think the fight might look something like that with Nick getting off a bit more offense than Nate was able to.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    I think Diaz is going to be shocked just how good gsp is on his feet.

Yeah, I think it will be a lot closer on the feet than most think; Although, I do suspect Diaz will be better. I think, however, that GSP will control the standup once Dia realizes how much of a threat the takedowns really are.

• edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    This fight should go down a bit like GSP vs Condit, Kinda close when standing,bUT Diaz will spend upward of 16-17 minutes on his back.TD's will prevent DIAZ FROM GAINING ANY MOMENTUM WITH HIS BOXING. i THINK WE MIGHT SEE MORE KICKS OUT OF GSP IN THIS FIGHT,AS Nick won't be looking to shoot.If GSP can get Nick limping around the ring ,this might be the best chance at a stoppage,Keep wailing away at those chicken legs .Take away that lead leg and you seriously DAMAGE THAT BOXING IS SO EFFECTIVE .I know a lot of people say this but Bendo executed the perfect gameplan against nate,GSP SHOULD DO THE SAME.I have a feeling GSP IS GONNA BE LOOKING TO PROVE HE'S MORE THAN JUST A WRESTLER,AND HE COULD COME OUT AND USE HIS KARATE,AND POUND NICK WITH SOME KICKS.I GOTTA BELIEVE IF GEORGE IS IN ANY TROUBLE AT ALL HE CAN TAKE DOWN Diaz even easier than he did Carlos Condit.Nick is effective when he cuts off his opponent,then backs THEM UP WHILE SWARMING WITH HOOKS TO THE KIDNEYS,LIVER ,THEN UPSTAIRS.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I can't make a proper one,no way for anyone to predict what is going through their heads.
    If all is normal,then i expect the first minute or so to be nothing but stand up.GSP always likes to fight with no mistakes,so he eventually will take it to the ground.I do see him standing longer than normal,he has shown this in his last several fights and is angry.

If he had his head on straight,he would realize he could just take Nick down and elbow him to submission or at least injure him real good.Getting mad and hoping for a stand up KO ,is just dumb fighting.GSP is not the smartest fighter,but he is definitely not a dumb fighter either.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    Yeah, I think his gameplan boils down to leg kicks, jabs, takedowns, ground and pound, and taking over in the standup once Diaz becomes wary of the takedown. I look forward to the championship rounds because I think that's when GSP will really begin to look dominant.
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free
    I think this fight will play out a lot like Anderson Silva/Chael Sonnen I, except in reverse. I think Diaz will get taken down and eat a lot of shots from the ground for the first three or four rounds, but as he gets tired he will make mistakes. Diaz will capitalize on those mistakes, manage to get GSP back on his feet, and GSP will eat a mean right hook. Diaz by KO in round 4.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    edited March 2013
    round 1: GSP takes him down, passes guard, elbows him
    round 2: GSP takes him down, passes guard, elbows him more
    round 3: GSP takes him down, passes guard and elbows him
    round 4: GSP takes him down, passes guard and continues to elbow him
    round 5: Diaz sais **** this **** and walks out of the octagon raging and its declared a 4rth round 209 motha fucka stoppage and GSP retains the title

Diaz tests positive for weed and is cut and because a proffesional sports analyst for mma
    Post edited by i_run_this on

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

What about the Condit/Hendricks fight?
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free
    I could see it going back and fourth but Hendricks should get the UD via wrasslin IMO

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    edited March 2013
    Gabri1985 said:

well GSP shocked me with his standup in the shields fight

Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free
    Ameriman said:

I love this fight. I think Hendricks will pull his wrestling out and not rely as much on his power. He's a very good wrestler but we just haven't seen much of it in his last few fights. I think they'll exchange a few blows in the beginning, then Hendricks will take Condit down and just hammer him with elbows for a while. I say Hendricks wins by decision.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    theres noway in hell GSP outstrikes Diaz :)) ...the only thing grease has is his wrestling and his kick Roogan taught him...lol...can grease dry hump Diaz for 5rnds?i dont think so...i have a strong feeling that Diaz will win by sub or TKO...i just hope he doesnt ****-up and fail his drug test
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    i think condit will win via tko
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Ares11 said:

Ameriman said:

I love this fight. I think Hendricks will pull his wrestling out and not rely as much on his power. He's a very good wrestler but we just haven't seen much of it in his last few fights. I think they'll exchange a few blows in the beginning, then Hendricks will take Condit down and just hammer him with elbows for a while. I say Hendricks wins by decision.
    Condit's guard is extremely dangerous, and it's not easy to deal with. If Hendricks takes him down, it's not going to be a walk in the park. In fact, i give Condit an advantage on the ground.

• ChickletsChicklets Posts: 168Free
    edited March 2013
    GSP stays aggressive cutting nick off at every corner breaking his spirit for 3 rounds. In the fourth round GSP plants a spinning back kick hard into Nicks Liver. He buckles and george finishes him with viscous G'n'P. Nick mans up and tells the world george is the man and george calls out A. Silva (only if Carlos beats hendricks).

As for hendricks/conduit if hendricks cant connect with a solid shot to carlos's chin carlos will pick him apart and maybe even TKO him....Cheers!
    Post edited by Chicklets on
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds...( sig expires march 17/2014)