GSP Forces Another Fighter Into 100% Defense Role

NogeraIsBrazilNogeraIsBrazil Posts: 199Free
Every GSP fight you will notice his opponent come out "fighting". But at the end of the fight, that fighter will leave "defending".

In GSP fights the first couple rounds you will see defeat phase in and his opponents will do less offense and more defense. It tends to turn into 100% defense very fast.

Tonight Diaz showed some good defense. But nearly all of the offense was done by GSP. Like most people, Diaz knew that if he opened up too much GSP would capitolize and win the fight easy. Opponents of GSP tend to notice they are going to lose very early and decide the new game plan is to simply "stay alive".
GSP[1].jpg
400 x 500 - 32K
Tagged:

Comments

• ZaGOATZaGOAT Posts: 3,273Free
    Nobody can andle da iddum.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 24,727Free
    100% Defense implies he has no offence, If Diaz had no offence why was GSP's face beat up?
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    GSP embodies imposing ones will on another. Unfortunately lately his will is to win the safest way possible.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• NogeraIsBrazilNogeraIsBrazil Posts: 199Free

100% Defense implies he has no offence, If Diaz had no offence why was GSP's face beat up?

Perhaps you read the part of the post where it stated they fighter starts with fighting and ends with 100% defense..........oh, probably not, who am i kidding.
    edited March 2013

Perhaps you read the part of the post where it stated they fighter starts with fighting and ends with 100% defense..........oh, probably not, who am i kidding.
    Diaz's best round was R3 or R4 (don't remember which one), that's not the start of the fight.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
    JimmyYO said:

GSP embodies imposing ones will on another. Unfortunately lately his will is to win the safest way possible.

Are you implying he should fight Un-safe? lol

Diaz's best round was R3 or R4 (don't remember which one), that's not the start of the fight.
    Well to keep the post short I used generalities instead of breaking down every single fight GSP has ever had. Thanks for trolling, cya kid

Well to keep the post short I used generalities instead of breaking down every single fight GSP has ever had. Thanks for trolling, cya kid
    you derped
  • Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free

Every GSP fight you will notice his opponent come out "fighting". But at the end of the fight, that fighter will leave "defending".

In GSP fights the first couple rounds you will see defeat phase in and his opponents will do less offense and more defense. It tends to turn into 100% defense very fast.

Tonight Diaz showed some good defense. But nearly all of the offense was done by GSP. Like most people, Diaz knew that if he opened up too much GSP would capitolize and win the fight easy. Opponents of GSP tend to notice they are going to lose very early and decide the new game plan is to simply "stay alive".

I never knew dropping your hands with your back against the fence was the best destayfense you could use or help you "
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free

JimmyYO said:

Are you implying he should fight Un-safe? lol
    I'm implying immaculate records aren't enough to keep you in the UFC, see Jon Fitch. Fighting like that isn't gonna accomplish his goal of changing the face of MMA as we know it unless encouraging fighters to point fight counts. Won't go down in a positive light in the history books.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• moparnutmoparnut Posts: 8Registered Users

You are very correct-anyone who has any fighting experience realizes just how smart & good GSP really is. He breaks the will of his opponents, even though the average viewer and internet troll doesn't it.

I never knew dropping your hands with your back against the fence was the best destayfense you could use or help you "
    Where was the offense then? The fight was still happening. There is no void between offense and defense. Nick was showing no offense. So what do you suppose he WAS showing?
    I read in another post, "If Diaz would have been more aggressive, he would have won". I read this about GSP's opponents every single fight. Fans don't understand that the reason the opponent isn't being aggressive is BECAUSE he's being defensive. With GSP you have to be defensive about EVERYTHING. All the different takedowns, all the different submissions, all the different strikes and combinations. He's not the type of fighter where you just worry about one hand and a takedown, or just striking, or just takedowns, or what have you.

Diaz wasn't aggressive because he KNEW it would leave an opening for GSP to finish and win the fight. If he really wanted to be aggressive and win he wouldn't have been walking away from GSP with his hands down.
  • ChickletsChicklets Posts: 168Free

Some people bruise easily?
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds...( sig expires march 17/2014)
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 35,261Free

you derped
    Agreed

He's been PM'ing me for some reason

Never even talked to this poster before LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • »Army_Of_Øne«»Army_Of_Øne« Posts: 20,211Free
    dat riddum

¤ UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

> > > IRT < < <
  • StompGrindStompGrind CajunlandPosts: 22,194Free
    Has nothing to do with being defensive. It's more to do with them realizing quickly that being over aggressive will get them taken down much easier and held against thier will round after round.

NO fighter is worried about leaving an opening to get finished by GSP unless you're talking about finishing takedowns and George finishing rounds by holding his opponents down after taking them down. Then yes they get more hesitant to open up with any aggressive offense because it's a direct path to being on thier back and being held down until the time runs out.
    Chicklets said:

Some people bruise easily?
    What did he bruise from, fresh air? Diaz must have landed something which equals offence. Any offence means he wasn't on 100% defence. also if you go back and look at GSP's opponents they all landed something which means GSP has never forced a fighter into a 100% defence role.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,615Free
    For his opponents to be defending, there has to be offense. GSP had dominant position nothing more. Diaz barely had a scratch on him, while GSP looked like he got mugged.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    where did all these noobs come from :/ OP don't come back till you learn MMA
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz

Has nothing to do with being defensive. It's more to do with them realizing quickly that being over aggressive will get them taken down much easier and held against thier will round after round.

NO fighter is worried about leaving an opening to get finished by GSP unless you're talking about finishing takedowns and George finishing rounds by holding his opponents down after taking them down. Then yes they get more hesitant to open up with any aggressive offense because it's a direct path to being on thier back and being held down until the time runs out.

Mildly brainy, but only mildly. All of these "blanket" and "lay n pray" posts are absolute nonsense. No one can show me any clip of GSP's career when he is not battling for a better position when on the ground grappling. It's because that is NOT what GSP does. Everyone knows it, people simply hate him for their own reasons.
    waikru said:

For his opponents to be defending, there has to be offense. GSP had dominant position nothing more. Diaz barely had a scratch on him, while GSP looked like he got mugged.

I know who you are so I will slow it down for you a bit.

Diaz has tons of scar tissue from getting hit. GSP doesn't. GSP got hit some, but only in the times GSP was weak. Not when Diaz was strong.

You'll get there. It'll take a few years more :)
    PATSTER said:

GSP holds dudes down and looks at the clock until the round is over .......

And he greases

True. He's always watching the clock and milking it. He even did it in the Condit fight and to his credit he actually tried to fight in that fight.
    OP,

Why do you keep PM'ing me like you are coming on to me!? Seriously!?

If you like to putt from the rough thats cool, but like I said, you're barking up the wrong tree
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

OP,

If you like to putt from the rough thats cool, but like I said, you're barking up the wrong tree

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHALOL FALLING OVER IN MY SEAT!
    PATSTER said:

Lol, OP doesn't want to mess with WW. He doesn't play that gay GSP ****.

You fight him, you're getting sent crying to Greg Jackson after a Stockton slap.

Dude I'm being serious LoL

He really has been PM'ing me!

I dont even know this dude! Lmao

Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

Mildly brainy, but only mildly. All of these "blanket" and "lay n pray" posts are absolute nonsense. No one can show me any clip of GSP's career when he is not battling for a better position when on the ground grappling. It's because that is NOT what GSP does. Everyone knows it, people simply hate him for their own reasons.

OP is selling wolf tickets

WarWest said:

OP,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHALOL FALLING OVER IN MY SEAT!
    +1

I got that "put from the rough" comment from good will hunting

I thought it was hilarious too LoL

Now stop PM'ing me weird messages please, seriously I'm not down with dudes
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    PATSTER said:

You fight him, you're getting sent crying to Greg Jackson after a Stockton slap.

I'll assume you mean if you have an intellectual discussion with WW then he will find a way to ban you because he doesn't like a good debate. And you are right. WW is new to MMA. He might get there though. I DID notice a little step recently when the GSP vs. DIAZ fight was called. He all of a sudden became civilized and forgot he ever said Diaz would "kill" GSP. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

PATSTER said:

I'll assume you mean if you have an intellectual discussion with WW then he will find a way to ban you because he doesn't like a good debate. And you are right. WW is new to MMA. He might get there though. I DID notice a little step recently when the GSP vs. DIAZ fight was called. He all of a sudden became civilized and forgot he ever said Diaz would "kill" GSP. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA
    Dafuq!?

I'm not sure if you realize this but I'm not a mod, I cant ban you
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine