That's the worst i have seen gsp for a long time.

Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
He looked great in the first two rounds then he just seemed to tire, his stand up was decent but nothing amazing. I was shocked how many sloppy takedowns he tried and how many Diaz stuffed. It kinda looks like he won't be around much longer.

I do think Hendricks is a great guy for gsp, he just bull rushes forward in a straight line which will play right into the jab of gsp, he doesn't have great cardio either.

Comments

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    That was the most sluggish I've seen him look. His stand up has looked like that for a while though imo.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    He just looked tired, his stand up is normally a bit faster. If he tired like that against Silva feck me he would be toyed with then knocked the f out.
    I thought his jabs and other strikes looked normal Diaz just ate them unlike Kos and Shields who couldn't stand them. I thought he was putting a little more power into those supermans than he usually does though.

The shots he didn't set up were definitely the worst I've seen from him though. Lacked the explosiveness they usually have.
    his jab looked nice until he seemed to tire, not sure what it was but he defo didn't look the same.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    I think that if Diaz was a little more aggressive he could've won
    You could tell Diaz was worried about the takedown even when he was stuffing it, he didn't want to over commit in the stand up and leave the shot for gsp.

He looked great in the first two rounds then he just seemed to tire, his stand up was decent but nothing amazing. I was shocked how many sloppy takedowns he tried and how many Diaz stuffed. It kinda looks like he won't be around much longer.

I do think Hendricks is a great guy for gsp, he just bull rushes forward in a straight line which will play right into the jab of gsp, he doesn't have great cardio either.

GSP is showing signs of "peaking". Every fighter goes through it. I'm proud to see a MMA fan show respect when discussing it. I don't see that a lot.
  • NogeraIsBrazilNogeraIsBrazil Posts: 199Free

If Diaz was more aggressive then it would have gave GSP the opening for a finish.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free

If Diaz was more aggressive then it would have gave GSP the opening for a takedown.
    Fixed. And no disrespect, I like GSP too
  • Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free

If Diaz was more aggressive then it would have gave GSP the opening for a finish.
    HA! "FINISH" you are one hilarious guy
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,096Premium
    GSP looked completely dominant for 2 rds, but he was working hard to avoid Nick's ground game.
    Nick has such incredible cardio that he was wearing down GSP who's one of the best athletes in the ufc.

I think it's as much Nick's credit as GSP's ridicule what happened in that fight however I still felt GSP handily won the fight.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free

He didn't want to be taken down he was never worried about getting finished he even dropped his hands ate a headkick and didn't react at all how much more of an opening he offered his back plenty of times too he was clearly never worried about getting finished that much must have been obvious.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

GSP looked completely dominant for 2 rds, but he was working hard to avoid Nick's ground game.
    Nick has such incredible cardio that he was wearing down GSP who's one of the best athletes in the ufc.

I think it's as much Nick's credit as GSP's ridicule what happened in that fight however I still felt GSP handily won the fight.

yeah he never really looked in trouble, but he still didn't look anywhere near his best.

Agree he was made to constantly work which a lot of guys can't do to GSP which tired him out.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free

GSP is showing signs of "peaking". Every fighter goes through it. I'm proud to see a MMA fan show respect when discussing it. I don't see that a lot.

Yeah George is still peeking at dudes junk in the mens room and no not every fighter goes through that phase. Only gay and bi-sexual fighters do.
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    I honestly thought he'd gotten hurt somewhere in the third round since his performance diminished so much. I'm interested in seeing how he'll do against Hendricks. I'm guessing it'll be more than just a few months until that fight. GSP will want another long vacation and Hendricks needs time for his hand to heal.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,382Free
    gsp on the down turn :(

I hope he passes the belt to Rory and retires

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,492Free
    GSP is definitely on the decline and I think Hendricks has a real good shot at the belt.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    gsp is on the decline, but i think it will be maia who takes the belt, if he tires ground fighting with nick after 2 then i cant see him surviving agaisnt maia.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    GSP has looked like this his last few fights,it is nothing new.I believe it is because he used to train a lot of wrestling which takes a ton more cardio than shadow boxing or heck any of that boxing nonsense i see punching mitts.
    I also know from my own life long experiences ,that EVERY injury you suffer,sets you back age wise.To be a cardio machine ,means everyday athletics and hard work,an injury can really set you back and it is tough to get it back.So GSp's cardio will slip one notch at a time as he ages,nothing he can do about it.
    If GSP wants to remain in the sport,he will NEED to change his skill set and work on different things.IMO the things he needs to work on SHOULD have always been there,i really question his trainers.We used to see GSP get what looked to be a super easy arm triangle but he has never even attempted one,so he obviously has not been trained properly at all.His kicking game is pathetic and he seems to have no clue on back control,he just likes to drag guys down using power.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.