something wrong with GSP?

EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
what was the deal tonight? despite a "dominant" performance he looked like he was clinging to survival... I mean, we all know that GSP doesn't take risks but he looked like he was fighting wounded or something...

based on tonight I'd put my money on Hendricks next fight...
Tagged:

Comments

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,030Free
    He looked tired in the third round. If Diaz wasn't so gun shy, I think he actually had a chance to win at that moment. He looked very defeatable. I actually think he will drop another spot on the P4P list.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    He was off his roids
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,824Free
    waikru said:

He looked tired in the third round. If Diaz wasn't so gun shy, I think he actually had a chance to win at that moment. He looked very defeatable. I actually think he will drop another spot on the P4P list.

This ^^^

He had GSP wore out

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    I thought GSP looked hurt in the 3rd round as well, and didn't seem himself in the 4th and 5th (thought he looked like he recovered somewhat).
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    There were a couple of shots by Nick, I can't remember exactely when, but they buckled GSP. He looked really wobbly.. Looked like a turning point but to GSP's credit, he recovered well.

• GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    Can't blame nick for being gun shy in the 3rd. GSPs opponents soon realize that every time they truly commit to a strike and open up at all, they end up on there back. If nick would have let his hands go more, it would have just created more openings for takedowns. Diaz was able to stop a couple takedowns late in the fight, because he was in full defence mode, and was not opening up with his striking.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    That was a pathetic performance by GSP. I don't know how anyone can call that dominant
    Believe in Beard
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    i thought he reinjured his knee to be honest
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,027Free
    So much for GSP having better cardio even in his "dominant" position.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    @tragicallyhip - don't abuse the flagging feature
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Whoever told you gsp has better cardio than nick is a fool. Any mma fan knows nicks cardio is 2nd to none. George is the superior athlete, but everybody knew nick had a huge edge in cardio. Nick swam from Alcatraz just to say he could. Btw...George doesn't even train cardio at all.

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

• tragicallyhiptragicallyhip Posts: 17Free
    don't be a troll and a won't call ya one

Whoever told you gsp has better cardio than nick is a fool. Any mma fan knows nicks cardio is 2nd to none. George is the superior athlete, but everybody knew nick had a huge edge in cardio. Nick swam from Alcatraz just to say he could. Btw...George doesn't even train cardio at all.
    A good chunk of the GSP supporters said Diaz would get worn out from the constant pressure and dominant positioning GSP would get on Diaz. He even stuffed TDs lol Diaz stuffing TDs.

Oh well. GSP wants nothing to do with guys he can't find one specific obvious weakness.

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,363Free
    Goat st pierre

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free

it was pure dominance, he even beat him standing up

Goat st pierre

Just curious what fight would you want GSP to take next?

edited March 2013

Goat st pierre

Hendricks or Silva, probably hendricks because Silva is booked with weidman and possibly jones, and GSP going to 185 would be a huge mistake

he could wall and stall and take Hendricks down and make him gas out, dude has big muscles and the blood flow from gsp outworking him with the wrestling would diminish his power
    Post edited by i_run_this on

Goat st pierre

Hendricks or Silva, probably hendricks because Silva is booked with weidman and possibly jones, and GSP going to 185 would be a huge mistake

he could wall and stall and take Hendricks down and make him gas out, dude has big muscles and the blood flow from gsp outworking him with the wrestling would diminish his power
    I was thinking the same. I think GSP should be taken off the superfights with Silva list.

Hendricks has earned the fight. And while GSP could do that Idk if he'll try and close the distance to clinch cause of that left. And neither guy looked like cardio machines after about half way in the 3rd.

• jpc_ultimatejpc_ultimate Posts: 980Free
    edited March 2013
    something was def wrong, he is used to have amazing cardio, but he looked tire last nite, and where was his technique and power, he use to switch from a double to a knee tap vs Thaigo alves, and now he has difficulty taking Diaz down...
    Post edited by jpc_ultimate on
    GSP finna retire goat soon

A good chunk of the GSP supporters said Diaz would get worn out from the constant pressure and dominant positioning GSP would get on Diaz. He even stuffed TDs lol Diaz stuffing TDs.

Oh well. GSP wants nothing to do with guys he can't find one specific obvious weakness.
    Diaz stuffed takedowns late in the fight because he was in defence mode. Every time nick opened up and tried to strike early in the fight George took him down. By the 3rd round all nick was thinking about was the take down, and defending it. That's why nick wasn't opening up later in the fight, not because of a poor training camp or any of his many excuses, it's because he knew if he gave George an opening George would capitalize and take him down again. Nick desperately wanted that fight on the feet, and in the 3rd round George was standing in front of him, and what did nick do....dropped his hands and walked around the cage mumbling because he knew George was waiting for him to strike so he could take him down.

• jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,021Free
    He would have lost to Hendricks if he fought that way against him. i smell an upset coming

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    Epilogue said:

what was the deal tonight? despite a "dominant" performance he looked like he was clinging to survival... I mean, we all know that GSP doesn't take risks but he looked like he was fighting wounded or something...

i think he needs to retire or he may very well loose his next fight.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,046Free
    Epilogue said:

indeed.. I thought that too. GSP seemed very tired by the end of the 3rd and after that he started having trouble taking Nick down..

He himself mentionned it quickly in the presser that he got tired and it felt "weird"..

their definitely was something wrong with him in the later round I although he was the one pushing the pace and getting the better of the standup, he seriously had me feeling as if he was in survival mode... just a proactive survival mode..
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 744Free
    I think he had an adrenalin dump. Also he used a lot of energy dragging Diaz down constantly in the first 2 rounds. Maybe he hasn´t recoverd from the injury yet.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free

Yet.....it was Diaz who crawled on his hands and knees to his corner. Every fight GSP is in are five rounders, we know he can go the distance.

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    edited March 2013
    Getting old coming off a big injury plays a factor. But it was the crazy scrambling they were doing that tired him the most. I also think he was angry and thus tried to force more power into his strikes which doesn't help, GSP has never been a power puncher.

But what the hell do I know.
    Post edited by Hellequin on
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,824Free
    He got out cardio'd while being in dominant position the whole time Lmao

Diaz' cardio is seriously no joke
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,140Free
    WarWest said:

He got out cardio'd while being in dominant position the whole time Lmao

Diaz' cardio is seriously no joke

Yeah that's true. That was a perfect example of a fight that should have gone until there was a finish since there was hardly anything happening for 25 mins.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    GSP is lucky that the Natural Born GOAT got robbed, because he would demolish him in a rematch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner