Will everyone shut up about Condit running now?

DangerousJonDangerousJon Posts: 228Free
Condit v Hendricks was the best fight last night. Constant action and both were taking some big hits. I got so annoyed with everyone bitching about his Diaz fight but this was an amazing performance.
"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself, makes you fearless." Lao Tzu

text
Tagged:

Comments

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,043Free
    Hendricks fight was great. However, the GSP fight was so boring that people were leaving before the end of the fight.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free
    I was a big fan of Condit before the Diaz fight. However, he brought in on himself with that performance. For 1 fight in his career, he decided not to go to war, and played it safe.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    edited March 2013
    1 performance can really hurt your career and the Diaz one was a big one for Condit. I can still picture him literally running away from Nick. The worst part was him hyping it as a "dog fight". Sure, if it was a Pitbull vs a Poodle.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,343Free

Condit v Hendricks was the best fight last night. Constant action and both were taking some big hits. I got so annoyed with everyone bitching about his Diaz fight but this was an amazing performance.

Dude always brings it. Not sure why people are surprised.

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free

1 performance can really hurt your career and the Diaz one was a big one for Condit. I can still picture him literally running away from Nick. The worst part was him hyping it as a "dog fight". Sure, if it was a Pitbull vs a Poodle.

Hahahaha, the poodle won!
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,140Free
    The only one running (backwards) and stalling was Hendricks. Condit won 2, 3.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free

Hahahaha, the poodle won!
    No, the poodle ran and the pitbull won by intimidation. There's no judges in dog fights.
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    For sure the best fight of the night.
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

edited March 2013
    zaksame said:

Yep Condit made me a fan,he was imo the much better fighter,if that was a 5 round fight,Condit wins,probably by tko or KO and i think most know it.

Hendrick's was actually awful,Condit made that whole fight,hendrick's would throw some wild haymakers and when they missed he chose to hang on for dear life.
    Hendrick's took the lay n pray to a whole new level, he did not do a single thing with al lof those TD's ,not a single point of scoring,no movement,just nothing.Matter of fact,Condit did so much more from the ground,imo he deserved to nuillify meaningless take downs.

If ever there was a strong case for the non wrestler winniong a fight,that was the fight,imo Condit should have eeked out a decision.

Here is how i scored it.
    first round Hendricks control fight and control and does some damage and got TD's.
    second round is much closer.Hendrick's only gets meaningless TD's,Condit does so much more that he nullifies those.Condit imo eeks out ring control and on the feet struck more and backed Hendrick's up.This was a case of scoring meaningless TD's versus better striking,i feel the striking wins out.

So 1 round each
    third round is all Condit,he dominates control and striking,Hendrick's again gets a couple meaningless TD's but does nothing with it.Condit actually did more striking from his back and showed more skill on the ground.EVERY single time Condit went into striking mode,Hendrick's was on his heels,that is why Condit wins the ring control and pace of fight.

IMO what happened here was Hendrick's got those early convincing strikes in round 1,that put a fake scoring system into the judges minds.Sure i give him that first round based on those 2-3 strikes+the TD's but 2 and 2 Condit deserved to win.

Agreed. Yet people praise Hendricks for the same reason they hate GSP. Once Condit took Hendricks best shots, he resorted to stalling & LnP. Pathetic.
    Post edited by MGun on
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    edited March 2013
    Condit ran in the Diaz fight. Can't undo that but he can redeem himself and I feel he did that in both the GSP and the Hendricks fight.
    Post edited by Darksjeik on

• shark26shark26 Posts: 109Free

CONDIT DID NOT RUN IN THE DIAZ FIGHT .... DIAZ LOST ... DIAZ SUCKS .... ONLY MORONS SAY HE WAS RUNNING ... IF YOU THINK HE WAS RUNNING GO GET YOUR BARBIES AND PLAY WITH YOUR BOYFRIENDS ... YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MMA !!!!!!!!!!!

GOD I HATE BRAIN DEAD MORONS .... OHH HE WAS RUNNING ... BLAH BLAH BLAH ... I LIKED CONDIT BEFORE HE WAS RUNNING .... !!!! NO ONE CARES WHO YOU LIKE !!! GET OUTTA HERE
    OMG Sharks

Fighters i Like to watch : JDS | Cain | R. Mcdonald | Aldo | Edgar | Rampage | A Silva | E Silva | BJ Penn | Mir |
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    shark26 said:

CONDIT DID NOT RUN IN THE DIAZ FIGHT .... DIAZ LOST ... DIAZ SUCKS .... ONLY MORONS SAY HE WAS RUNNING ... IF YOU THINK HE WAS RUNNING GO GET YOUR BARBIES AND PLAY WITH YOUR BOYFRIENDS ... YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MMA !!!!!!!!!!!

GOD I HATE BRAIN DEAD MORONS .... OHH HE WAS RUNNING ... BLAH BLAH BLAH ... I LIKED CONDIT BEFORE HE WAS RUNNING .... !!!! NO ONE CARES WHO YOU LIKE !!! GET OUTTA HERE

You are an angry person
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited March 2013
    i felt condit won the fight, it was close however but condit did more from the bottom than hendricks did from the top, hendricks attempted 0 submissions.

i can see hendricks giving problems to gsp in the first 2 rounds but if gsp gets past those it should be plain sailing for him.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• LegrosfleauLegrosfleau Posts: 622Free

I was a big fan of Condit before the Diaz fight. However, he brought in on himself with that performance. For 1 fight in his career, he decided not to go to war, and played it safe.

Haha like 90% finishes, you should read yourself... spoil kids.
    Account bet victory:

Adambomber 3,800 posts : UFC116 Lesnar vs Carwin.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Haterz gonna hate
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free
    edited March 2013

I'm with CB on this one. Its not that he played it safe in the biggest fight of his career, it's the way he chose to play it.

The image of Condit RUNNING from Diaz is forever burned into my memory, and whatever he goes on to achieve will always be tainted by that memory.

Not that Condit will lose any sleep over my opinion i'm sure, but it is what it is.
    Post edited by MaximumBob on
    My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    shark26 said:

run·ning [ruhn-ing] Show IPA
    noun
    the act of a person, animal, or thing that runs.
    managing or directing: the running of a business.
    an act or instance of racing: the 113th running of the Kentucky Derby.
    the condition of a track or surface to be run or raced on; footing: Our track team had muddy running today.
    the amount, quality, or type of a liquid flow.

• CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    nope anyone that turns their back on their opponent and just flat out sprints away deserves no respect as a fighter or even a man
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
  • CRAZYNOONGAHCRAZYNOONGAH Posts: 1,319Free
    so gsp hits like a **** and condit runs like one
    HW-MIR,NELSON,HUNT LHW-SONNEN,RASHAD,HENDO,TE HUNA MW-LOMBARD,W.SILVA,ANDREWS
    WW-PENN,DIAZ,WHITTAKER LW-DIAZ,SANCHEZ,G-SOT FW-ALDO
    BW-BARAO,BRUCE LEE ROY,CRUZ FW-UNCLE CREEPY
    image image
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 965Free
    MilesGun said:

zaksame said:

Yep Condit made me a fan,he was imo the much better fighter,if that was a 5 round fight,Condit wins,probably by tko or KO and i think most know it.

Hendrick's was actually awful,Condit made that whole fight,hendrick's would throw some wild haymakers and when they missed he chose to hang on for dear life.
    Hendrick's took the lay n pray to a whole new level, he did not do a single thing with al lof those TD's ,not a single point of scoring,no movement,just nothing.Matter of fact,Condit did so much more from the ground,imo he deserved to nuillify meaningless take downs.

If ever there was a strong case for the non wrestler winniong a fight,that was the fight,imo Condit should have eeked out a decision.

Here is how i scored it.
    first round Hendricks control fight and control and does some damage and got TD's.
    second round is much closer.Hendrick's only gets meaningless TD's,Condit does so much more that he nullifies those.Condit imo eeks out ring control and on the feet struck more and backed Hendrick's up.This was a case of scoring meaningless TD's versus better striking,i feel the striking wins out.

So 1 round each
    third round is all Condit,he dominates control and striking,Hendrick's again gets a couple meaningless TD's but does nothing with it.Condit actually did more striking from his back and showed more skill on the ground.EVERY single time Condit went into striking mode,Hendrick's was on his heels,that is why Condit wins the ring control and pace of fight.

IMO what happened here was Hendrick's got those early convincing strikes in round 1,that put a fake scoring system into the judges minds.Sure i give him that first round based on those 2-3 strikes+the TD's but 2 and 2 Condit deserved to win.

Agreed. Yet people praise Hendricks for the same reason they hate GSP. Once Condit took Hendricks best shots, he resorted to stalling & LnP. Pathetic.
    PunchBag said:

i felt condit won the fight, it was close however but condit did more from the bottom than hendricks did from the top, hendricks attempted 0 submissions.

i can see hendricks giving problems to gsp in the first 2 rounds but if gsp gets past those it should be plain sailing for him.

condit won,no doubt,the td's sealed johnys win with the judges, but Condit landed more from the bottem than johnmy from the top ,and Condit was the far superior striker.Hendricks landed nothing on the ground,no sub attempts.This is the regular carlos condit, weekend Fans better regognize this guy is for real,1 fight and all the hate he gut was pathetic,he still outstruck diaz.So haters can h8 condit,but appreciate his warrior mentality once aga.in
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    If you think Condit beat Hendricks...

you're pretty god damn biased

Nope. Rewatch the fight and explain what Hendricks did in the 2nd round to get him the win. TDs he did absolutely nothing with? Yeah that's pretty much it.
    MilesGun said:

Nope. Rewatch the fight and explain what Hendricks did in the 2nd round to get him the win. TDs he did absolutely nothing with? Yeah that's pretty much it.
    I had Condit in the predictions tournament and I was kinda hoping he would win, but no way he won that fight.

No hard feelings
  • SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free

MilesGun said:

I had Condit in the predictions tournament and I was kinda hoping he would win, but no way he won that fight.

No hard feelings
    And I liked Hendricks and wouldn't have cared if he knocked Carlos out but all he did was hold on to dear life from the 2nd round to the end. Of course I'm butthurt and **** but still certain Condit was robbed. Everyone has their own opinion..
    I don't know why this thread was even made when no one was talking about Diaz vs Condit
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,492Free
    shark26 said:

gotten to

Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    edited March 2013
    he's regained my respect. thats for sure

as far as im concerned, in the diaz fight he outclowned the clown (though he probably shouldnt have won the fight)
    Post edited by idrankyourbeer on
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car