What I take from last night

FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
Well first of all, Hendricks is a beast.. for about 1.75 rounds. After that he kinda runs out of juice and his knock out power goes out the window. He still definitely is a dangerous opponent for GSP. What saved Condit was his head movement.. and GSP has none.. That being said I'm pretty sure that, had it been a 5 rounds fight, Condit would've taken this one 48-47. Still props to Hendricks.

Marquart really had nothing for Ellenberger.. I was a bit disappointed I thought it would be a more competitive fight.

And GSP vs Diaz well... I don't know if that was the contrast caused by the co-main event but.. I think GSP will need some serious improvement.. I mean... I've been a huge GSP fan and to be fair, he did dominate Diaz but I was expecting him to do more damage. GSP has mad ability to control the fight and his sub defence is crazy... That being said, man.. at some point you're gonna have to learn to do some damage.. In the first seconds of the fight when he landed that hard leg kick I thought that was seriously the hardest strike I had seen him land in years.... I thought we were finally going to see the fruits of his training with world class boxers and muay thai fighters..

Well we didn't... His jab is excellent.. sure.. but jesus christ will you one day learn something else. You perfected that jab 2 years ago against Koscheck. How about a hook now? How about hard kicks to the body? How about hurting the opponent once in a while..

And I was shocked that Diaz was able to stop several takedowns. Actually, by the end of round 3 it seriously started looking like GSP was running out of gas. And I actually had that impression also when he fought Condit.. It's hard to say but I think his long layoff with 0 training at all for months seriously hurt his conditionning and he hasn't gotten it back.. and might never get it back... At some point GSP is going to have to recognize that he isn't 20 anymore and that he will need the ability to finish fights before he gets tired...

Oh and finally... if GSP got tired to the point that he was struggling to take Nick Diaz down at some point... well I think there's no question left about GSP vs Silva... I have the complete conviction that Silva would maul GSP without even trying...
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    edited March 2013
    presonally i think marquadt beats ellenberger 7/10 times he was winning the stnadup but he didnt measure ellenbergers standup enough and opened up with strikes to early and got caught. he should have been more cautious in the 1st round agaisnt a guy with power, marquadt has no trouble going 3 rounds but ellenberger does.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    PunchBag said:

presonally i think marquadt beats ellenberger 7/10 times he was winning the stnadup but he didnt measure ellenbergers standup enough and opened up with strikes to early and got caught. he should have been more cautious in the 1st round agaisnt a guy with power, marquadt has no trouble going 3 rounds but ellenberger does.

this was exactly what i thought as well

• kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    as far as your comments on gsp, i have to agree, i would really like to see him add some more. hes a sniper, he comes in with single shots, his superman punch from both hands is very impressive, and he was still firing it like a laser beam even when he was obviously tired, but i would like to see a little more flow from him....personally, ive always said this about gsp, he just isnt a prodigal talent. hes a blue collar fighter who puts in the most work.

to be perfectly honest, diaz did way better than i thought he would. he made himself a lot more difficult to take down than i expected, i didnt think he would stuff even one takedown but he did, and although i knew he wouldnt be able to do anything from his back, he made himself very difficult to control which gsp himself mentioned in the presser

i will say this though, as much respect as diaz earned from me throughout the fight, he took it all back as soon as he opened his mouth afterwards.

gsp gets on the mic with rogan and gives diaz some very genuine compliments, and was very gracious and humble in victory, and retard gets on there and tries to take things away from gsp and makes a bunch of excuses and retires, again

i watched the fight with some friends, none of whom follow mma, and they were all saying to me, is this guy 16? this is embarrassing. whats his deal is it an act or is he actually retarded? diaz took a moment in which he could have earned some real adult respect, and completely made a fool out of himself.

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    kyo_sa said:

as far as your comments on gsp, i have to agree, i would really like to see him add some more. hes a sniper, he comes in with single shots, his superman punch from both hands is very impressive, and he was still firing it like a laser beam even when he was obviously tired, but i would like to see a little more flow from him....personally, ive always said this about gsp, he just isnt a prodigal talent. hes a blue collar fighter who puts in the most work.

to be perfectly honest, diaz did way better than i thought he would. he made himself a lot more difficult to take down than i expected, i didnt think he would stuff even one takedown but he did, and although i knew he wouldnt be able to do anything from his back, he made himself very difficult to control which gsp himself mentioned in the presser

i will say this though, as much respect as diaz earned from me throughout the fight, he took it all back as soon as he opened his mouth afterwards.

gsp gets on the mic with rogan and gives diaz some very genuine compliments, and was very gracious and humble in victory, and retard gets on there and tries to take things away from gsp and makes a bunch of excuses and retires, again

i watched the fight with some friends, none of whom follow mma, and they were all saying to me, is this guy 16? this is embarrassing. whats his deal is it an act or is he actually retarded? diaz took a moment in which he could have earned some real adult respect, and completely made a fool out of himself.

sure... Diaz fans will tell you that he's "just being real". then he's real dumb...

Just for the record. I wasn't born knowing how when I take a dump, I should do it in a toilet. But I learned and I do it. I could dump right on the carpet and say that I'm just being authentic. But if being "the real deal" means purposely refusing to grow up and act civilized, I rather not be so real...

The day Diaz realizes this maybe he'll also understand why not so many people wanted to help him prepare for this fight and match their names with his.
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 804Free
    The way I see that, I'd like to see GSP finish more too, my main man from Canada, like me. However, challengers need to be able to overcome such and own him then? I don't see a problem with his style if no one can stop it. Condit did the best job ever at doing that, and I hope Condit wins 2 or 3 in a row and rematches him. But again, he's not doing anything wrong winning 11 in a row.
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    superman punch its completly useless !!! it has no power! ok it looks "NICE" for newbies but none elite fighter launch or get hurt by a "superman pillow"
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,315Free
    butt hurt ^

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 778Free
    Pablosky said:

superman punch its completly useless !!! it has no power! ok it looks "NICE" for newbies but none elite fighter launch or get hurt by a "superman pillow"

Give me a break,,, I mean really.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta