GSP was out boxing Diaz could of finished Diaz if he kept it standing

SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
GSP was out boxing Diaz could of finished Diaz if he kept it standing
Tagged:

Comments

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    with a broken nose? i dont think so...

but let's continue on your argument.... you say that GSP was beating the crap out of diaz but instead "finish the fight" he decided to lay and pray ?
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• SilentDogoodSilentDogood Posts: 237Free
    that wasnt lay and prey, gsp was active the whole fight, watch the begining of the 2nd round, at that point gsp was landing shots to diaz chin if he kept it going it could of been over in the 2nd
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    those are some great pictures of gsp laying there doing nothing
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,294Free
    kyo_sa said:

those are some great pictures of gsp laying there doing nothing

no ****, its a 5 round fight.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    gsp likely wouldnt have got the finish, hes not a real power puncher, he would have just outscored him all night and then instead of the lay and pray crying, there would be crying about jab and run
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    he really pumped that jab.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    GSP haters can continue to make excuses and cry. Diaz got completely manhandled, said he could outclass GSP and the opposite happened. Condit gave GSP a way better fight then Diaz ever could. Diaz < Condit, GSP, Hendricks, Ellenburger, Kampmann, Marquardt and most like half the division.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,717Free
    kyo_sa said:

gsp likely wouldnt have got the finish, hes not a real power puncher, he would have just outscored him all night and then instead of the lay and pray crying, there would be crying about jab and run

Are you going to put in the sig or welch @kyo_sa?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,362Free
    No chance Diaz stood with his hands down in front of him took everything GSP had standing and was never even close to getting finished. GSP got hurt standing a couple of times but used his takedowns to get out of trouble. Yeah he won ok but you fans making threads saying "he could have finished" or Diaz got destroyed are deluded.

Nick done better than a lot of other guys GSP has fought and your boy didn't look unbeatable in there.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free

GSP haters can continue to make excuses and cry. Diaz got completely manhandled, said he could outclass GSP and the opposite happened. Condit gave GSP a way better fight then Diaz ever could. Diaz < Condit, GSP, Hendricks, Ellenburger, Kampmann, Marquardt and most like half the division.

manhandled? coming off a GSP fan

ROFL!

thanks god im less stupid now!

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,362Free
    kyo_sa said:

That isn't the sig you took things out and added to it.. that counts as a welch
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • iamdylanriamdylanr Posts: 423Free
    I'm a big fan of GSP but there wasn't a single point in the fight where GSP could have finished. Idk if he gassed or got hurt with the body shots but he didn't look good in the last two rounds. I didn't expect GSP to get a finish in the fight but i am disappointed in how he looked standing for most of the fight.
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    3 Body shots hurt him? 5 clean but half hard punches hurt GSP? No, GSP wasn't hurt, in fact Diaz looked staggered at times if that, but neither guy really looked ready to be finished
  • edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
    Diaz wasn't close to finished,either was GSP,2 things surprized me,Diaz stuffed some takedowns,and GSP was a bit better than Nick with his hands.people who were convinced of a Diaz sub must have been disappointed.imo Condit gave GSP way more problems on the ground than Diaz.God hel[p the ww division if condit could stuff some takedowns,this guy is dangerous as hell. HE WAS COMPLETELY ROBBED
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    edited March 2013
    i think the only reason why gsp was outstriking diaz was the threat of the takedown, remove the ground game and diaz would have won
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    The problem is GSP NEVER likes to take any risk.He msot certainly could box with Diaz as long as he had his legs,but all that wrestling got him extremely tired.I saw it easily near the end of round 3,so it was no surprise GSP admitted himself that he was getting tired.
    GSP was using far too much arm power to continually drag Nick down,which is really bad technique.

GSP does have crisp jabs and a good superman,but he really does not know how to use body shots,or properly use leg kicks and his striking defense is also shotty.So with so many negatives in GSP's stand up,it would be taking too many risks and he knows it,that is why he tends to goto TD's often.

The problem with that particular fight was that GSP decided when his legs got a little tired,he could no longer stand up and avoid strikes,The problem with that is ,he needed that power and energy to take Diaz down again and as witnessed in rounds 4/5,he really got too tired to do it.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,803Free
    PunchBag said:

i think the only reason why gsp was outstriking diaz was the threat of the takedown, remove the ground game and diaz would have won

I think the only reason GSP won on the ground was because of wrestling. Remove the wrestling and Diaz would have won with his jits.

I think the only reason Anderson Silva wins is because of his striking. Remove the striking and Silva wouldn't be champion right now.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,245Free

lay & pray: the word butthurt haters use to describe a fighter they dont like who utlizes his wrestling to put on a dominating performance against an inferior opponent

can't find a picture of an actual punch landing eh?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    which one of the 200+ punches landed would you like to see?
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,245Free

one thats not an elbow or a jab
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,822Free

lay & pray: the word butthurt haters use to describe a fighter they dont like who utlizes his wrestling to put on a dominating performance against an inferior opponent

GSP did no damage to Diaz. When he stood with Diaz in round 3, he lost the exchange, and went back to the takedown. GSP won easily, but if that was a streetfight, nobody won.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,585Free

This post^

Something GSP fans type to defend lay n pray
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free

GSP did no damage to Diaz. When he stood with Diaz in round 3, he lost the exchange, and went back to the takedown. GSP won easily, but if that was a streetfight, nobody won.
    well if that was a street fight I seriously dare thinking that Diaz's face would've been completely mashed up from being rammed on concrete like 10 times.
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    really i seen Diaz doing just fine on the feet?
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1

well if that was a street fight I seriously dare thinking that Diaz's face would've been completely mashed up from being rammed on concrete like 10 times.
    I'm commenting on what happened, not what "woulda happened."
  • TheEmperorTheEmperor Posts: 1,764Free
    Anyone uses Fightmetric?

Total strikes:
    GSP 210
    Diaz 80

From that total, on the feet:
    GSP 62
    DIAZ 24

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/03/st-pierre-vs-diaz-official-ufc.html
    texttext

GSP 1-3-5

Anyone uses Fightmetric?

Total strikes:
    GSP 210
    Diaz 80

From that total, on the feet:
    GSP 62
    DIAZ 24

http://blog.fightmetric.com/2013/03/st-pierre-vs-diaz-official-ufc.html

The only real standing strikes exchange was in round 3, and Diaz dominated that.
  • jayzeejayzee Posts: 2,019Free
    I don't think GSP has enough power to finish anyone, his hand would break before that happened...