Really Bad fight cards on the Horizon.

RealAngrynPissedRealAngrynPissed Posts: 7Free
ufc on fuel tv 9: notable fights- gus vs. moussassi. couture/ pearson? easton/ pickett, mitrione/de fries?

Tuf 17 Finale: notable fights - faber vs. scotty, tate/ zigano?, happa/gonzaga

ufc on fox: notable fights- gil vs benson, mir vs cormier, nate vs josh thompson, hardy/ matt brown

ufc 159: notable fights- jones vs sonnen, bisping/belcher, nelson/kongo? , vinny vs phil davis,

ufc on fx 8: notable fights- belfort/rockhold, costa vs jacare, dos anjos/dunham

up until ufc 160 end of may which has the best main card where cain defends his title against bigfoot, these upcoming fight cards the next couple months are going to be very very lackluster at best, with 159 having a few interesting fights; the rest are trash.
prepare for a sucky, boring next couple months for the ufc.

thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    You're angry breh
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    I don't think they're that bad. The UFC has had some pretty lackluster cards before, but those seem okay.
  • WarWest said:

You're angry breh

As all of us should be. Nobody is going to pay 60$ for a bunch of no names and a couple side shows on each card. i mean really look at the rest of the cards besides the mentioned fights above the rest are mostly complete ****.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    The Fox card is pretty awesome. Jorge Masvidal vs Tim Means, what a sick fight!
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,488Free
    Don't underestimate that Fuel TV 9 card. Gustafsson vs Mousasi should be a really exciting fight. I'm intrigued to see what Ryan Couture can do. Mitrione vs De Fries should be a good fight. Plus, there's a fight that was just announced between two TUF contestants this season, Adam Cella and Tor Troeng that should be really exciting.

Melendez vs Henderson is something I'm really looking forward to seeing, I love watching Ben Henderson fight and I think this matchup with Melendez is a very intriguing one stylistically. Hardy vs Matt Brown should be a real slugfest, excited to see that one. Besides the Bisping/Belcher matchup, I'm really not excited for 159 whatsoever. I think Chael will get dominated, the heavyweight bout is not interesting to me, and vinny vs Phil Davis is really lopsided in my opinion.

So, I think the Fuel TV 9 card and the Fox card should be good, but other than that, you're right, the cards are lacking for the next months or so. But after that we have some really exciting cards, especially 162 in July, which features Weidman vs Silva and Lamas vs the Korean Zombie. Should be a sick card.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    I think Vinny vs Phil Davis is a very intriguing fight ^
  • iamdylanriamdylanr Posts: 424Free
    4 of the next 5 are free. Cant complain about that.
  • Ares11 said:

Don't underestimate that Fuel TV 9 card. Gustafsson vs Mousasi should be a really exciting fight. I'm intrigued to see what Ryan Couture can do. Mitrione vs De Fries should be a good fight. Plus, there's a fight that was just announced between two TUF contestants this season, Adam Cella and Tor Troeng that should be really exciting.

Melendez vs Henderson is something I'm really looking forward to seeing, I love watching Ben Henderson fight and I think this matchup with Melendez is a very intriguing one stylistically. Hardy vs Matt Brown should be a real slugfest, excited to see that one. Besides the Bisping/Belcher matchup, I'm really not excited for 159 whatsoever. I think Chael will get dominated, the heavyweight bout is not interesting to me, and vinny vs Phil Davis is really lopsided in my opinion.

So, I think the Fuel TV 9 card and the Fox card should be good, but other than that, you're right, the cards are lacking for the next months or so. But after that we have some really exciting cards, especially 162 in July, which features Weidman vs Silva and Lamas vs the Korean Zombie. Should be a sick card.

sure the main event for fuel 9 will be killer, but aside from that and ryan making his ufc debut in the COMAIN the rest of the fights are sub par with very little high level contenders if any at all.
  • Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,488Free

Ares11 said:

sure the main event for fuel 9 will be killer, but aside from that and ryan making his ufc debut in the COMAIN the rest of the fights are sub par with very little high level contenders if any at all.
    Just because they aren't high level contenders doesn't mean that the fights will be bad. Sometimes the undercard puts on better fights than the main card does.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: Lesnar, Schaub, dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Ellenberger, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Poirier
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    Women: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu, PaigePage

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• Ares11 said:

Ares11 said:

Just because they aren't high level contenders doesn't mean that the fights will be bad. Sometimes the undercard puts on better fights than the main card does.
    True but several of them are not even close to being main card worthy; mitrione/de fries, brandao/garza, lawrence/pineda, parke/tuck, dollaway/ ferreira, trinaldo vs rio to name a few.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,463Free
    They should add GSP/Hendricks to the UFC 162 fight card. Two title fights in Vegas.
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    none of them are that bad. Just cant wait to see mir vs cormier. Mir is getting FOTY, KOTY or SOTY in that one
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    I wouldn't judge them until they have been played out, for all we know they could be awesome, even tho the biggest names aint on em.
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • chanman20 said:

none of them are that bad. Just cant wait to see mir vs cormier. Mir is getting FOTY, KOTY or SOTY in that one

Lmao he is going to get WRECKED.
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,463Free
    chanman20 said:

hell yeah! B-)
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free

I wouldn't judge them until they have been played out, for all we know they could be awesome, even tho the biggest names aint on em.

This sometimes these kinda fight cards are much better than the cards that look stacked.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,323Free

True. I always tell this to people. A lot of the time the lesser big named cards rock because fighters are hungrier trying to get to the top instead of fighting to protect thier position at the top.
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,888Free
    I'm actually pretty excited for Gus vs Mousasi
    I've been following Gus since his debut-I'm really keen to see how it plays out.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Brent555Brent555 Posts: 3,105Free
    The free cards basically look like every other free card ever and UFC 159 looks kinda bad for a PPV, but I have definitely seen worse. I really don't think there is much of an issue here.
    boxing@boxing.nv.gov <boxing@boxing.nv.gov>

This is the e-mail belonging to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. Any complaints due to poor judging should be directed to them. Let your voice be heard
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Well anything on TV is free,so ya we can expect crap cards.Funny thing is Dana would NEVER admit to ever having a crap card,he thinks every fight is amazing,well he doesn't think it,he just babbles that.
    The 159 card is not too bad,although having Sonnen in there is a complete joke and Nelson is hardly worthy of main card status.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,071Free

I think Vinny vs Phil Davis is a very intriguing fight ^

Gamebread gonna kill him.
  • TheUnicornTheUnicorn Posts: 493Free
    you have no idea how any of those fights are gonna go, just because not all the fighters are well known top 10 fighters on the card you are complaining? do some research the cards should be just fine
    HW- Pat Barry

LHW- Maldonado, Diabate

MW- Chris Leben, Vitor

WW- Nick Diaz

LW- Nate Diaz, Varner

FW- Bart P

BW- Eddie Wineland

Flyweight- Louis Gaudinot

Sigbet record 2-1