WHO DO YOU THINK WON BETWEEN JOHNY HENDRICKS AND CARLOS CONDIT

edh1edh1 Posts: 960Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
i thought Carlos was more dangerous everywhere the fight went.but i'm hearing all sorts of theories as to who won and why.Regardless of who won, What a Fight,and it sure must have been a hard act to follow for GSP AND DIAZ.I Know Johny secured a title shot,but the fight I'd like to see now is Ellenberger vs Hendricks,especially after what Jake did to Nate Marquardt.JAKE HITS LIKE JOHNY(but is a little more technical) AND WON'T GET TAKEN DOWN LIKE CONDIT.

WHO DO YOU THINK WON BETWEEN JOHNY HENDRICKS AND CARLOS CONDIT

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,646Free
    I don't know, hard to call

I'll have to watch it again with no sound
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,277Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    JOHNNY HENDRICKS

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• Ares11Ares11 Posts: 1,474Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Hendricks won the first two rounds and Condit won the last one, in my opinion. It definitely could go either way though.
    Favorite fighters:

HW: dos Santos
    LHW: Gustafsson, OSP
    MW: Weidman, Jacare, Mousasi
    WW: Hendricks, MacDonald, Saffeidine, Thatch
    LW: Cowboy, Khabib
    FW: McGregor, Lamas, Corassani
    BW: McDonald
    FLW: Dodson, Bagautinov
    WBW: Aleksandra "Stitch" Albu

Predictions Tournament 8 Champion

WAR Elysium MMA

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I personally think Condit eeked out a decision but we don't really know what the actual scoring system is,so EVERYONE is just guessing.
    Seriously now,MMA has VERY few commissions around the world,VERY few.They don't have the scores posted round by round,so obviously they prefer to hide it and we all know hiding something ,can never be good.

I think this fight was a case of being so close that i would have to skip the round by round and just look at it from a whole fight perspective.This is because imo round 2 was a wash,neither guy did enough to secure a definitive win in round 2.No judge could look at round 2 and think it was a clear cut winner either way,so you need to score it as a draw and make a decision based on the whole fight.

I feel without question that Condit was taking over and if it was a 5 rounder,Condit easily wins rounds 4/5.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Hendricks won, no question about it
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,081Free
    CARLOS CONDIT
    In case anyone wanna know the opinion from Bas Rutten:

First of all, my daughter in Belgium that I posted about yesterday found her doggy, so everything is good again!
    People asked me what I thought about the Condit vs Hendricks decision?
    Here goes:
    CONDIT VS HENDRICKS

Listen, I love Hendricks and Condit, but I just thought that Condit should have won since he worked the whole time from the bottom. I re-watched the fight again
    Hendricks is tricky with his power shots, he acts like he goes for a takedown and then swings that big left hand. 90% of the punches he throws is his left I would say.

Round 1
    On the feet Carlos is pressing forward, Hendricks connects with some power shots and takes him down and Condit lands a nice elbow from the bottom, he worked from the bottom with the first takedown much more then Hendricks, he’s kicking the legs as well. 2nd takedown he couldn’t do anything else then controlling Condit. Power strikes from Hendricks, some connect, very powerful guy, Carlos is getting HIS back now while standing, breaks free and drops a left front kick to the face of Hendricks. Hendricks right away connects with a big shot as well and takes him down while the bell rings

Round two
    Hendricks has some powers shots but Condit lands a knee as well, another takedown, in this takedown not one punch thrown. Get’s up Condit attacks, Hendricks throws shots again and lands a few, another takedown, Condit is back up again, not one punch thrown on the ground. Two knees from Condit, to body and head, not connecting hard but he’s working, liver shot right high kick and another good livershot, a nice “one/two” throws a flying knee, Hendricks times perfectly and takes him down. On the ground not one significant strike is thrown, some body shots (3 OR SO) like “body/body head” power), meaning , more “tapping”, Carlos escapes really nice and right away attacks again, front kick to the face again, and another takedown from Hendricks. Not one strike thrown from Hendricks on ground, Condit back up and right away attacks again.
    End round, Hendricks is hurt we find out, probably broke his hands

Round 3
    Condit attacks again, high kick on defense, but he’s throwing, Johny attacks as well, low kick plus “left hook right straight “attack from Condit. Hendricks another takedown, elbow from the bottom from Condit, some body shots by Hendricks, another short “back elbow” from Condit that connects. Condit is constantly fighting from the back and connecting, hooks, elbows to top of the head, looking for kimura or kimura sweep (I call it that), getting back up right away attacks again, “cross liver cross”, and double uppercut from Hendricks, very nice. Double left hook right high kick from Condit, another takedown, Condit is doing all the work on the ground, get back up, Condit attacks again, inside low kick and big right hand that connects hard (probably best punch landed on Hendricks), throwing a head kick. Hendricks takes him down again, back to the feet and again Condit attacks right away and connects with punches plus elbows, another takedown attempt by Hendricks but Condit spins out really nice and attacks again right away till the bell

In round one especially Hendricks landed more power shots, but the big question is, does a takedown count when you can’t do anything with it other then taking him to the ground since you are getting hit and attacked more on the feet? Carlos was also never dazed.

When you take somebody down and right away lay heavy hands on him or go for submissions, then YES, the takedowns should count, but when you can’t do anything with it and the other one works more, I simply think it should go to the guy who works harder there? People will say now, “Yeah but he controlled where the fight went”, maybe, but he did that because on the feet Carlos was all over the place and was getting the better of him, why else take him down?

When you are dominating on the feet and THEN take somebody down and work, THAT I think is “control where the fight goes”.

I am a huge Hendricks fan, and I don’t like to write like this, but this is just what I believe and should be fair to Condit.

Hendricks should really start focussing on implementing his right hand more, just for two months tie your left hand to the face and let him only throw "right's" at the end of his workout on the bag for 3 five minute rounds or maybe even before he works out so that he automatically uses it more in training. He's too much focused on landing his left, he should use the right more to set it up, plus then when his hand gets hurt (Like what happened yesterday), he has that one as a back up

Oh, and on Inside MMA I said: “Marquardt’s striking is getting good but he shouldn’t stand with Ellenberger because he has that “real KO power”.

And about the GSP fight I said “George should simply keep his left hand in front of his face to stop the jabs from Diaz, OR should throw jabs himself since he has a longer reach?!
    (Yeah, I couldn’t believe that either when I read that, I thought Diaz would have the longer reach). And GSP did it, out “jabbed” him.
    And like in the Hendricks fight, people nowadays know that when somebody has your back, wether it's standing or on the ground (all 4's) and you put one of your legs in between his legs, they will go for a knee bar. (You should check out my "upside down knee bar" that I did to Maurice Smith, that was funny because it was done "standing" and he was holding the ropes, so I was upside down)

I don't believe somebody "told" GSP that Diaz was gonna do this, again, Condit tried the same with Hendricks and he knew as well, then again, Marc Laimon was making sure he and the whole crowd knew, haha.

And Joe was right about Laimon, he was my sparring partner for the ground when I was still training and teaching at the Beverly Hills JJ club, he has a REALLY good ground game and is a really great coach as well!

Godspeed!
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    WarWest said:

I don't know, hard to call

I'll have to watch it again with no sound

^^ do it ... I rewatched it WITH sound and was like wtf? all that was being talked about was carlos ..

seeing it in the bar last night it was crystal clear the fight was Johny's
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,157Free
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Hendricks won round one and two.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    I think Johny edged out a decision, but SoberCuban isn't being honest by saying that the fight wasn't close. That's just ridiculous.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,193Free
    CARLOS CONDIT
    Carlos clearly won, spamming takedowns does not win fights......well apparently it does, but only in the UFC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    CARLOS CONDIT

Carlos clearly won, spamming takedowns does not win fights......well apparently it does, but only in the UFC

finally I can agree with carnGOAT
    CARLOS CONDIT
    MilesGun said:

Carlos's backpedal to flying knee was epic lol

The Natural Born GOAT will beat Georges in a rematch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CARLOS CONDIT

MilesGun said:

Yeah all he has to do is work a bit on his TDD and he'd run through him. I'm still butthurt over that bs decision.
    CARLOS CONDIT
    MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

Yeah all he has to do is work a bit on his TDD and he'd run through him. I'm still butthurt over that bs decision.
    It wasn't the worst decision ever, but its quite clear Carlos won the fight, this TD wins the round BS is getting old

edited March 2013
    CARLOS CONDIT

MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

It wasn't the worst decision ever, but its quite clear Carlos won the fight, this TD wins the round BS is getting old
    Yeah I expected it kinda.. These were not usual TDs though, he did absolutely nothing with them. Well except stalling the fight.
    You where at the event right? Everytime Hendricks landed a punch on Carlos the whole place was shouting as if he was about to get ktfod.. No wonder the judges bought into that crap. Worst **** fans ever.
    Post edited by MGun on
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,037Premium
    edited March 2013
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Condit was backing up away from the power shots and once he backed against the cage he was taken down, over and over and over. How does that win condit the fight? It wasn't till rd 3 that he got anything done. Condit's the better conditioned fighter and took over, but too little to late. Hendricks was still able to score takedowns to avoid getting beaten up on the feet and win the decision having won the first two rounds.
    Post edited by the_enigma on
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Ameriman said:

I think Johny edged out a decision, but SoberCuban isn't being honest by saying that the fight wasn't close. That's just ridiculous.

I didn't say it wasn't a close fight, it was an obvious decision .....
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds
    CARLOS CONDIT
    MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

Yeah I expected it kinda.. These were not usual TDs though, he did absolutely nothing with them. Well except stalling the fight.
    You where at the event right? Everytime Hendricks landed a punch on Carlos the whole place was shouting as if he was about to get ktfod.. No wonder the judges bought into that crap. Worst **** fans ever.
    lol the event was funny

There were some "MMA Elitists" behind me that were literally retarded, but thought they were soo smart.

And then there was this girl in my row that kept screaming "GO JOHHNY!!!!" so dam loud

The judges probably gave Johnny a round because of that girl

JOHNY HENDRICKS
    MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

Crowd cheers the guy who's winning = Worst fans ever... yep that makes sense.

imageimage
    CARLOS CONDIT

Condit was backing up away from the power shots and once he backed against the cage he was taken down, over and over and over. How does that win condit the fight? It wasn't till rd 3 that he got anything done. Condit's the better conditioned fighter and took over, but too little to late. Hendricks was still able to score takedowns to avoid getting beaten up on the feet and win the decision having won the first two rounds.

What fight did you watch? Condit backing up and then getting taken down? Carlos was the aggressor like 80% of the fight and was taken down when Hendricks felt like he was losing. You don't need to be very smart to know that either.
    CARLOS CONDIT

MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

MilesGun said:

Crowd cheers the guy who's winning = Worst fans ever... yep that makes sense.
    If by winning you mean LnPing then yes. worst fans ever.
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    MilesGun said:

What fight did you watch? Condit backing up and then getting taken down? Carlos was the aggressor like 80% of the fight and was taken down when Hendricks felt like he was losing. You don't need to be very smart to know that either.
    Hendricks was the aggressor for the first 2 rds. He was charging after him with power punches before finishing his combos with a takedown. the only round Condit won is the third and that is a fact, not an opinion.

imageimage
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    CARLOS CONDIT
    HendRicks won on takedowns alone.

Condit won every where else. But judges will be judges. Grats jonny
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Condit fans are pretty butthurt
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    aggression and octagon control... johny won 1 and 2.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    I think this says it all

CARLOS CONDIT

I think this says it all

doesn't say anything lol

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,566Free
    edited March 2013
    JOHNY HENDRICKS
    Hendricks and I didn't even think it was close. Seemed like a clear 2 rounds to 1 fight to me.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on