Is BJJ no longer a part of MMA

carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free
Like for real?

Last night was a joke....Carlos clearly kicked Jonny's *** and Johnny takes him down only to get controlled from the bottom and the shiz beat out of him.....and then they declare Johnny the Winner!? Da faq?

Same thing in the Diaz/GSP fight....though much closer, Diaz controlled GSP from the bottom, GSP did absolutely no damage.....Diaz busted his face up and wobbled him in the third.....the only action in the fight, Diaz should of won....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
Tagged:

Comments

• MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    a takedown is a takedown... points in the bag. he was takin him down like a rag doll, too. dont forget that.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free

Condit and Diaz lost decisively. It was quite clear, unfortunately

you're buying the wolf tickets homie

just because the crowd was cheering doesn't mean they won
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,047Free

Like for real?

Last night was a joke....Carlos clearly kicked Jonny's *** and Johnny takes him down only to get controlled from the bottom and the shiz beat out of him.....and then they declare Johnny the Winner!? Da faq?

Same thing in the Diaz/GSP fight....though much closer, Diaz controlled GSP from the bottom, GSP did absolutely no damage.....Diaz busted his face up and wobbled him in the third.....the only action in the fight, Diaz should of won....

Condit/Hendricks is arguable.

Diaz/GSP isn't.

this post is too dumb to deserve more explanation.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Agree with the Condit argument.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
    i dont really understand this post. it doesnt matter if bjj goes out the window... whatever wins fights wins fights. this isnt a bjj tourney or anything like that.

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
    edited March 2013

i dont really understand this post. it doesnt matter if bjj goes out the window... whatever wins fights wins fights. this isnt a bjj tourney or anything like that.

and it ain't a takedown tourney either
    Post edited by carnages41 on

im sorry that jiu-jitsu doesnt score in the agression or octagon control categories of scoring. i really am. i never said it wasnt effective... its highly effective. thats why we see so many fighters trained in it. but still, it doesnt score a lot of points other than submission attempts.

Miesha Nose.
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    Condit's aggression from the bottom was more than Johnnys aggression getting the take downs
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free
    The most overrated thing all night was Diaz's Jiu jitsu.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • TheEmperorTheEmperor Posts: 1,764Free

Condit and Diaz lost decisively. It was quite clear, unfortunately

you're buying the wolf tickets homie

just because the crowd was cheering doesn't mean they won
    The crowd was not scoring the fight, they were just reminding Diaz how much of a **** he is lol.
    And thank god you ain't a judge haha.
    texttext

GSP 1-3-5

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Diaz controlled GSP on the bottom ??LMAO.There was so much opportunity for GSP to get a RNC it was a joke.I didn't know the crab walk was a control move lol.

GSP's lack of or fear of taking a chance to finish makes his opponents look better than what they are.GSP could have taken Diaz back a dozen times,he could have went for several finishing moves if he wanted,Diaz was doing little to control him.

Also GSp has no clue how to deliver strikes or elbows inside the guard,that does not mean Diaz did anything,it just means GSP is not that skilled in striking.Instead of trying to use his arms to throw a strike,he should be trying to grab Diaz wrists first,then use that control to throw the elbow,GSP NEVER seems to understand that.You don't even need both wrists,just grab either one and you are setup to throw the elbow.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,099Free
    zaksame said:

Diaz controlled GSP on the bottom ??LMAO.There was so much opportunity for GSP to get a RNC it was a joke.I didn't know the crab walk was a control move lol.

GSP's lack of or fear of taking a chance to finish makes his opponents look better than what they are.GSP could have taken Diaz back a dozen times,he could have went for several finishing moves if he wanted,Diaz was doing little to control him.

Also GSp has no clue how to deliver strikes or elbows inside the guard,that does not mean Diaz did anything,it just means GSP is not that skilled in striking.Instead of trying to use his arms to throw a strike,he should be trying to grab Diaz wrists first,then use that control to throw the elbow,GSP NEVER seems to understand that.You don't even need both wrists,just grab either one and you are setup to throw the elbow.

says the veteran of countless fights and obvious master of GNP

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    TS, you are seriously the stupidest retard on the planet. Diaz didn't control **** against GSP. He rolled, or tried to roll for ****, but GSP controlled everything. Carnages, here's a bit on constructive criticism, "END YOURSELF!"
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    GSP actually beat Diaz up in his guard. GSP absoultely big brother'd Nick on the ground

At most Nick did good covering up, and rolling out of back mount, but he just survived; barely more, close to less
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    =)) LMFAO Condit vs Hendricks was close but you saying Diaz won is funny as hell........
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    If you think Diaz won you're as brain dead as he is. He was the one clinging for life in the fetal position and getting outstriked.

GoToGuy said:

If you think Diaz won you're as brain dead as he is. He was the one clinging for life in the fetal position and getting outstriked.

lol you probably think Big Rigg beat Condit

nobody wants to see Big Rigg vs Georges

munkie said:

TS, you are seriously the stupidest retard on the planet. Diaz didn't control **** against GSP. He rolled, or tried to roll for ****, but GSP controlled everything. Carnages, here's a bit on constructive criticism, "END YOURSELF!"

Diaz won round 3.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free

Like for real?

I'm sorry but

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free

munkie said:

Diaz won round 3.
    Diaz did not win round 3. Round 3 was just like every other round prior except for the fact that he successfully landed a good combo at the end of the round. Being successful for 5 seconds doesn't nullify being dominated for the other 4:55. All 3 judges had it 50-45. Diaz did not win a round. And you're stupid if you think he did.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    The moment you forget about BJJ is the moment you get owned by it. Jon Jones can attest to that. It will never go away but we'll soon see fighters who are ONLY good at BJJ get phased out by default. It's kind of like takedown defense. Worry about it and practice it but don't make that your only focus or lose.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free

Like for real?

Why do people get mad at the judges and the rules instead of getting mad at the fighter they're nuthugging for not being able to defend a takedown to save their life? Apparently the GSP fight taught Condit absolutely nothing. You should be mad at that......

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

munkie said:

munkie said:

Diaz won round 3.
    Diaz did not win round 3. Round 3 was just like every other round prior except for the fact that he successfully landed a good combo at the end of the round. Being successful for 5 seconds doesn't nullify being dominated for the other 4:55. All 3 judges had it 50-45. Diaz did not win a round. And you're stupid if you think he did.
    The majority of MMA fans believe Diaz won round 3. I think you just love GSP too much to see all the negatives.