Done with Diaz

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
After this fight I'm completely done with talking about him/paying for his fights/giving him so much attention. Diaz highlights a very serious problem in our society, which is that the guy who insults people and acts rudely gets rewarded while the nice guy finishes last. He insulted GSP hundreds of times when GSP did nothing wrong or mean to Diaz whatsoever, and yet a huge amount of people root for Diaz and reward him every step of the way.

In my book, insulting someone a million times should get you no attention and no fans, and the problem with our society is that people act rude because it's rewarded. He shouldn't have gotten the fight in the first place and he definitely shouldn't get this much attention. I know I can't change the world, but personally I'm done giving so much attention to someone based on them acting like an immature kid and being just straight-out cruel to a lot of different fighters

I'd rather follow guys like JDS, Bendo, Hendo, Aldo, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there's things I like about Diaz like his honesty and passion. But I think you could have those qualities without all the negativity of insulting people and having a bad attitude towards people that don't deserve it

I'm done buying his wolf tickets
Post edited by Sisti on
Tagged:

Comments

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,655Free
    You sound upset

Diaz must have rustled you on a personal level
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    So insults and rudeness is worse than drunk driving and being a fraud?

People are strange...
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,070Free
    sisti works for the IRS
    My milk shake bring all the boys to the yard, and they're like "Hondas **** is bigger than yours, damn right its bigger than yours." Step to the GOAT 12er and get clapped up knee grows.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1

_TUF1_ said:

sisti works for the IRS

Irrational Reasoning Syndicate?

The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    edited March 2013
    chons said:

People are strange...

it's funny cuz i wonder the same thing. calling people scared, mother f'er, steroid abuser, wussy, cheap, etc., etc. and also flipping people off, not respecing your opponent, putting your mug in their face, hating everyone just because you are going to fight them, not showing up to obligations, leapfrogging more worthy fighters to get a title shot, interrupting people, and saying you have to hate anyone you are going to fight seems way worse than a guy who respects every opponent and doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone...oh, but he drove drunk once and none of us have ever done that :-S
    Post edited by Sisti on
    He drove drunk AND crashed his car in to a tree. I drove drunk ONE time in my life and that trumps any name calling I've ever done. I could have killed someone, it's one of the most shameful things I've ever done in my life. Glad it means nothing to you. I get it though, you give the guy (fake), with a god complex a free pass because you're both rooting for the same team.

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    Sisti said:

chons said:

People are strange...

it's funny cuz i wonder the same thing. calling people scared, mother f'er, steroid abuser, wussy, cheap, etc., etc. and also flipping people off, not respecing your opponent, putting your mug in their face, hating everyone just because you are going to fight them, not showing up to obligations, leapfrogging more worthy fighters to get a title shot, interrupting people, and saying you have to hate anyone you are going to fight seems way worse than a guy who respects every opponent and doesn't have a bad word to say about anyone...oh, but he drove drunk once and none of us have ever done that :-S
    I have never drove drunk and never will. Hell i don'teven drink. Anyone who drives drunk shouldn't be aloud to drive at all after they caught. insulting and being rude to people might hurt someone's feelings but thousands of people die every year from drunk driving.You really are just a said troll
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • JimzJimz Posts: 1,048Free
    edited March 2013
    chons said:

He drove drunk AND crashed his car in to a tree. I drove drunk ONE time in my life and that trumps any name calling I've ever done. I could have killed someone, it's one of the most shameful things I've ever done in my life. Glad it means nothing to you. I get it though, you give the guy (fake), with a god complex a free pass because you're both rooting for the same team.

being a disrespectfull moron all the time > making one stupid mistake.

everyone makes stupid mistakes in life, but not everyone has to act like a **** all the time

Post edited by Jimz on
    yeah cuz i'm sure diaz never drove drunk or endangered someone's life. don't assume i'm rooting for someone because we're on the same team...lol i'm white so wouldn't i be rooting for the lighter guy if i was all about that? i actually think all people are important and i don't wish anyone more happiness than another...i think it's dangerous as a society to reward someone who constantly act like that and make them into some huge star when the respectful people like hendricks or machida get no one talking about them

the reason so many people act awful in our society is that no one checks it and says no i'm not giving someone attention or laughs or whatever it is because they are disrespecting other people
    Jimz said:

chons said:

everyone makes stupd mistakes in his life, but not everyone has to act like a **** all the time

The point, you missed it.

• JimzJimz Posts: 1,048Free
    chons said:

Jimz said:

chons said:

everyone makes stupd mistakes in his life, but not everyone has to act like a **** all the time

the point, what was it?
    chons said:

Jimz said:

chons said:

honestly, i just started feeling badly for gsp. it's odd to see him so bummed out and i know it's because no one likes being caller a cheater, a weak fighter, a mother f'er, etc. he did nothing to deserve that and you see this diaz attitude rewarded since we were in elementary school. the guy who is insulting someone else is somehow the more popular and "cool" one, and the one who's being insulted is somehow made to be worse. i honestly think it's retarded and it's annoying that even as adults we still subscribe to the same idea

look, no one's saying **** diaz. i'm just saying the hyper-attention the guy is getting in the media is unwarranted. no-showing events and insulting people shouldn't make you the most talked about guy in all of mma
    Sisti said:

chons said:

Jimz said:

chons said:

honestly, i just started feeling badly for gsp. it's odd to see him so bummed out and i know it's because no one likes being caller a cheater, a weak fighter, a mother f'er, etc. he did nothing to deserve that and you see this diaz attitude rewarded since we were in elementary school. the guy who is insulting someone else is somehow the more popular and "cool" one, and the one who's being insulted is somehow made to be worse. i honestly think it's retarded and it's annoying that even as adults we still subscribe to the same idea

look, no one's saying **** diaz. i'm just saying the hyper-attention the guy is getting in the media is unwarranted. no-showing events and insulting people shouldn't make you the most talked about guy in all of mma

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,795Moderator, Ultimate
    diaz hype was all a smoke and mirror show. 1-2 since being back and that win was only against a fat bj
    imageimage
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 775Free
    Sisti said:

After this fight I'm completely done with talking about him/paying for his fights/giving him so much attention. Diaz highlights a very serious problem in our society, which is that the guy who insults people and acts rudely gets rewarded while the nice guy finishes last. He insulted GSP hundreds of times when GSP did nothing wrong or mean to Diaz whatsoever, and yet a huge amount of people root for Diaz and reward him every step of the way.

In my book, insulting someone a million times should get you no attention and no fans, and the problem with our society is that people act rude because it's rewarded. He shouldn't have gotten the fight in the first place and he definitely shouldn't get this much attention. I know I can't change the world, but personally I'm done giving so much attention to someone based on them acting like an immature kid and being just straight-out cruel to a lot of different fighters

I'd rather follow guys like JDS, Bendo, Hendo, Aldo, etc.

Don't get me wrong, there's things I like about Diaz like his honesty and passion. But I think you could have those qualities without all the negativity of insulting people and having a bad attitude towards people that don't deserve it

I'm done buying his wolf tickets

You have a valid point. This behavior of paying attention to rebels and outcasts is nothing new in society let alone MMA. But we did exactly the same thing that was talking about him/ paying him attention.

This problem will not be solved in MMA and UFC before being solved in society. After all we are part of the society outside of this forum and being an MMA fan.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • georgelebrungeorgelebrun Posts: 1,665Free
    Diaz is still going to be one of my favourite fighters. Give him a chance and he will stand and trade with anyone.
    The Diaz Brothers - The Sex - The Shogun Warrior - The H Bomb - The Reem - JDS - The Smooth One - The California Kid - The Korean Zombie - The Gangster from West Linn - The Count all FTW!!

Sig Bet record 3 - 0
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,927Free

Diaz is still going to be one of my favourite fighters. Give him a chance and he will stand and trade with anyone.

Even after the bell. :P
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    I'd rather root for Diaz than for a cheater like Hendo

I'd rather root for Diaz than for a cheater like Hendo

Hendo is a christian though, so he gets a free pass.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    chons said:

People are strange...

Every single fighter in the UFC is fraud,you think there is one single fighter now,fighting at the weight they claim to be fighting at?Used to be only Edgar that we know of,now seems nobody left to fight like a man.The UFC is fake as well portraying these super athletes ,when in reality,if they had to fight at the actual weight,they would for the most part suck.
    I would bet 90% for sure have or are taking illegal drugs at some point ,i doubt there is much to the word legit in this sport at all,it carries the same baggage as Boxing has for years.

Also he did use the word "society" no drunk driving is not good either,but Diaz and his personality are there ALL the time,i would hope the drunk driving was seldom and a mistake learnt from.it is quite obvious by now that Diaz is never going to learn,his dope smoking has and will continue to mess up his brain.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 775Free
    zaksame said:

chons said:

People are strange...

Every single fighter in the UFC is fraud,you think there is one single fighter now,fighting at the weight they claim to be fighting at?Used to be only Edgar that we know of,now seems nobody left to fight like a man.The UFC is fake as well portraying these super athletes ,when in reality,if they had to fight at the actual weight,they would for the most part suck.
    I would bet 90% for sure have or are taking illegal drugs at some point ,i doubt there is much to the word legit in this sport at all,it carries the same baggage as Boxing has for years.

Also he did use the word "society" no drunk driving is not good either,but Diaz and his personality are there ALL the time,i would hope the drunk driving was seldom and a mistake learnt from.it is quite obvious by now that Diaz is never going to learn,his dope smoking has and will continue to mess up his brain.
    If you really believe what you wrote, you are just wasting your time being a fan of MMA and UFC. Go to everythingisaconspiracy.com and enjoy your time there.
    It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,167Free
    edited March 2013

diaz hype was all a smoke and mirror show. 1-2 since being back and that win was only against a fat bj

Well he gave the Champion and #1 Contender challenging fights. It's not all smoke and mirrors. The kid can actually fight and sure he has strengths and weaknesses like anyone else but he is competitive with the top guys and dangerous to anyone in the division.

Dude definitely whines too much and is an excuse monkey when he loses but atleast he brings it everytime and fights with his heart on his sleeve instead of resorting to strategies that avoid fighting just to get a pyrrhic victory that no one enjoys seeing.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    The thing about Diaz is..., well, his personality panders to the lowest class of people. The reason he is so popular is because that class is really big. You take a stoner with a bad attitude who is at least partially retarded and put him on TV, you just gave 90% of the world's population someone they can relate with, hence giving them an idol.
    ^^^ Hypocrite, unless of course you put yourself in to the "lowest class of people",.

• idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    the diaz brothers are the only fighters i know who feel its a job requirement to act like a child before during and after every fight.
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • MaximumBobMaximumBob Posts: 1,288Free
    chons said:

^^^ Hypocrite, unless of course you put yourself in to the "lowest class of people",.

Lol, dude, munkie is in a "special" class, all on his own.... =))
    My definition of hell, you get there and meet the person you could have been - Frank Mir.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,199Free
    edited March 2013
    This is why MMA fans suck

They like guys based on how respectful they are and how much they win, and whether they wear a suit or not.

You are not picking a ****ing boyfriend, who cares if Nick is disrespectful, he is ****ing exciting and thats all that matters.....you are here to see a fight, aren't you?
    Post edited by carnages41 on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Jimz said:

chons said:

everyone makes stupid mistakes in life, but not everyone has to act like a **** all the time

this B-)
  • idrankyourbeeridrankyourbeer Sony: "We made VCRs too. Play in our world. Watch tv in theirs!"Posts: 21,121Free
    hard to say. he didnt make his last two fights very exciting. and that was in between a lengthy suspension
    Just givin out the D
    Roy Nelson - Devouring the competition and pissing out excellence
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,003Free
    Totally agree. Everyone might not care about how fighters hold themselves but I and many other people do. I don't care about how much they win but I do care how respectful they are and how they hold themselves.

I like Nick's fighting style but he is a **** most of the time. I want to like him sometimes but I just can't. And it's not Dana or the UFC making him look that way. They don't tell him what to say or do. They run with what the fighter does.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka