Demian Maia: "I want to see GSP try and do what he did to Nick Diaz to me"

Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Ohhhhhhhh ****!!! Getting called out by Maia! Will be hilarious if GSP get's Maia'd like how Fitch got Fitch'd. He's probably gonna get jabbed and run. But oh well.

Choo Choo! Where is the Maia Express Thread at?!

Post edited by Za1994 on
Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
Represent Roufusport:
Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
Tagged:

Comments

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,096Free
    source?

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,826Free
    Maia gonna Fitch GSP

Blee Dat
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,432Free
    Oh another one of those, Hey this guy will destroy GSP threads. What is this like the 8th or 9th guy? Are you all just throwing out every other fighter thats left only hoping that eventually 1 of the 100 will do it? Go ahead and Gloat about what Maia did to Fitch..... Then I want you to remember what GSP did to Fitch:

photo fitch_after_gsp_zpsa2d98320.jpg

Then I want you to remember what Marquardt did to Maia:

photo ept_sports_mma_experts-307440239-1251601177_zps7cd5c0d0.jpg

So don't get your hopes up. :)
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    obviously georges wouldn't want to have a grappling match with Maia. so he would keep it standing.

someone just needs to be well rounded enough to counter everything georges does. someone like Rory MacDonald.
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
    Doobster said:

obviously georges wouldn't want to have a grappling match with Maia. so he would keep it standing. someone just needs to be well rounded enough to counter everything georges does. someone like Rory MacDonald.

just like GSP wouldn't wanna go to the mat with Diaz? Maia couldn't even tap Fitch. But I agree with he has to be beaten by someone well rounded.

PATSTER said:

Marquardt was on TRT. His KO win is meaningless.

TRT doesn't make the opponent headbutt your fist.

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,073Free

Oh another one of those, Hey this guy will destroy GSP threads. What is this like the 8th or 9th guy? Are you all just throwing out every other fighter thats left only hoping that eventually 1 of the 100 will do it? Go ahead and Gloat about what Maia did to Fitch..... Then I want you to remember what GSP did to Fitch:

Right, because we all know how much more KO power GSP has than Marquardt
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Maia won't get GSP down. Even if he was able to get on the inside (which I doubt he could do enough) GSP would put the hands on him
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • SuperFightFanSuperFightFan Posts: 40Free
    maia trying to have his name in somewhere .. cause its not the MW division .. he's looking for a payday and Id like to see him beat Kos or Diaz etc first !!
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    Honestly, Maia has the best chance of anybody in the WW division to beat GSP. I'd struggle to bet against GSP, but if anybody can beat GSP, it's Maia. Maia's mediocre Boxing may be enough to allow him to deal with the GSP jab long enough to clinch and work for guard. And, if GSP threw any kicks like he always does, he's going down, either to his back or to Maia's guard. Either could spell disaster for GSP. Granted, GSP is talented enough that maybe he can hang with Maia on the ground. But, him overpowering Maia on the ground like he did Diaz and just about everybody else he's ever fought is highly unlikely. Ever since Maia dropped down, I've said that he will be the man to beat GSP. Upon further reflection, I don't believe that. I don't count on anybody to beat GSP until he moves up to fight Silva. But..., Maia has the best chance of anybody. Well, him and Hendricks have about equal chance, which is slim in either case.
  • iNOOBiNOOB Posts: 4,187Free

Maia getting KO'd happened years ago in a higher weight class. Maia has improved A LOT since then. I'm not saying that he would win for sure. But, he is looking pretty damn good at 170. He so far has dominated everyone he fought in this class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sig Bet Record: 8-4
    2011 UFC Predictions 190-110
    2012 UFC Predictions 45-17
    2013 UFC Predictions 243-130
    2014 UFC Predictions 65-41

Events Attended: UFC 119 ~ Versus 5 ~ FOX 2 ~ FOX 6 ~ UFN 27 ~ FOX 10

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,464Free
    edited March 2013
    Maia wouldn't be able to take him down. GSP would be too timid to go to the ground with him. He'd keep it on the feet and out-strike him

GSP UD.
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Yep Maia will never get it to the group, GSP's takedown defense is top notch. Maia is overrated anyways, he's a one trick pony of a discipline that's nullified by a skilled defender.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    gsp is no longer thes same fighter, i reckon if it had been fitch in that cage with georges instead of diaz he may very well have lsot, the guy gassed in the 3rd round to a guy with terrible wrestling. i mean if maia gets in that cage with him hes going to make gsp work constantly to avoid takedowns and eventually gsp will gas.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,096Free
    JimmyYO said:

Yep Maia will never get it to the group, GSP's takedown defense is top notch. Maia is overrated anyways, he's a one trick pony of a discipline that's nullified by a skilled defender.

slap yourself for going full retard, if you have the motor skills capable of touching your face of course

UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 9 CHAMPION

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,140Free
    As long as he doesn't go K1 Maia on him, he can win.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    edited March 2013
    I give Maia a good chance he looks strong as hell at WW rag dolled Kim and Story to two 1st round finishes and completely nullified Fitchs lay and pray by taking him down getting his back and not giving him a chance to get into the fight at all. Yeah he couldn't sub Fitch but when was the last time Fitch got submitted? 1 time at the beginning of his career.

If he can get on top GSP is pretty much done I don't believe GSP has as good sub defence as Fitch, he might even be able to finish from the bottom. If he can't get it down tho GSP will just try to keep it standing taking no risks with the ground a bit like against Shields.
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,620Free
    Who's Maia's next opponent anyway?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free

I give Maia a good chance he looks strong as hell at WW rag dolled Kim and Story to two 1st round finishes and completely nullified Fitchs lay and pray by taking him down getting his back and not giving him a chance to get into the fight at all. Yeah he couldn't sub Fitch but when was the last time Fitch got submitted? 1 time at the beginning of his career.

If he can get on top GSP is pretty much done I don't believe GSP has as good sub defence as Fitch, he might even be able to finish from the bottom. If he can't get it down tho GSP will just try to keep it standing taking no risks with the ground a bit like against Shields.

I agree with much of this post...but id like to point out just how well Shields did against GSP

No one talks on how close thats fight was....GSP wanted no more of Shields amd everyone knows this...and its a shame Jake got owned by Ellenburger cuz that's one rematch tjay should have happened

People will say GSP was eye poked...well this is a recorded fight...every legit eye poke has footage or a picture to prove it happene...people said chuck eye poke randy (there is a photo)...people say kos eye pokes(there is a photo)....when one is provided against Jake then ill take how well he did away

With that being said I think Maia can do jist aswell as shields...he does mot shields level wrestling but he does have better BJJ and maybe better striking
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,293Free
    I like Maia, now that he isn't always the much smaller guy like he was at 185 his wrestling is much more effective. We all know how good his BJJ is, but he was having problems actually getting guys down.

I like this fight, and would have Maia winning, GSP doesn't look the same dominant champ he was a couple of years ago
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    munkie said:

Honestly, Maia has the best chance of anybody in the WW division to beat GSP. I'd struggle to bet against GSP, but if anybody can beat GSP, it's Maia.

I pretty much agree with this. After seeing how close Hendricks/Condit are, I have to say I still don't think Hendricks is quite in GSP's league. He could make it a reasonably close fight, but I don't think he could make it close enough.

After seeing Maia completely dominate Fitch, I'm starting to believe that Maia has improved by leaps and bounds. Maia is an extremely dangerous fighter and won many world jiu-jitsu championships and is a FOURTH degree black belt! He definitely knows how to get to the top and his record and recent domination has me thinking he's a definite threat for the title

The only thing I don't like about this is that there's never a chance for GSP to just say I cleaned out the division, now it's Silva time!
  • ChickletsChicklets Posts: 168Free
    If henricks cant KO GSP ( and i have a feeling he probly wont) then i believe Mia will dethrone him. GSP will try to utilize the jab in this fight and i dont know if Mia can take him down but Im sure Mia can push him against the fence in the clinch and pull guard every round. And sub GSP. Just my opinion though.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds...( sig expires march 17/2014)
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    BruteDion said:

I agree with much of this post...but id like to point out just how well Shields did against GSP

No one talks on how close thats fight was....GSP wanted no more of Shields amd everyone knows this...and its a shame Jake got owned by Ellenburger cuz that's one rematch tjay should have happened

People will say GSP was eye poked...well this is a recorded fight...every legit eye poke has footage or a picture to prove it happene...people said chuck eye poke randy (there is a photo)...people say kos eye pokes(there is a photo)....when one is provided against Jake then ill take how well he did away

With that being said I think Maia can do jist aswell as shields...he does mot shields level wrestling but he does have better BJJ and maybe better striking
    aside from the fact that gsp had to have surgery to repair the damage from that eye poke, which is proof enough, there is a nice slo mo gif out there in internet world which not only shows the eye poke, but also how deliberate and nasty it was.

shields didnt do a damn thing in that fight until after that happened, and even then it was only landing a couple of punches in rounds any reasonable person could see he clearly lost.

maia has better bjj that gsp (and everyone else) but good luck getting the fight to the ground against the best functional grappler in the ufc. this fight would be 5 rounds of gsp beating him up on the feet.

hendricks, ellenberger and rory have the best shot in the ww division, guys with top notch wrestling to stuff gsp takedowns, and heavy hands to hurt him with on the feet
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    BruteDion said:

And here's an article on it.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/691433-ufc-129-slow-motion-video-of-jake-shields-eye-poke-of-doom

Next
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,043Free
    kyo_sa said:

BruteDion said:

aside from the fact that gsp had to have surgery to repair the damage from that eye poke, which is proof enough, there is a nice slo mo gif out there in internet world which not only shows the eye poke, but also how deliberate and nasty it was.

shields didnt do a damn thing in that fight until after that happened, and even then it was only landing a couple of punches in rounds any reasonable person could see he clearly lost.

maia has better bjj that gsp (and everyone else) but good luck getting the fight to the ground against the best functional grappler in the ufc. this fight would be 5 rounds of gsp beating him up on the feet.

hendricks, ellenberger and rory have the best shot in the ww division, guys with top notch wrestling to stuff gsp takedowns, and heavy hands to hurt him with on the feet

BruteDion said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/691433-ufc-129-slow-motion-video-of-jake-shields-eye-poke-of-doom

Next
    Just because there is footage of Shields poking him in the eye does not mean that the eye poke is what caused the damage. The damage could have just as easily been caused by one of the many punches that Shield landed during that fight.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    waikru said:

kyo_sa said:

BruteDion said:

BruteDion said:

Next
    Just because there is footage of Shields poking him in the eye does not mean that the eye poke is what caused the damage. The damage could have just as easily been caused by one of the many punches that Shield landed during that fight.
    He asked for a picture and or footage of an eye poke. I provided him with both.
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    waikru said:

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    waikru dont you ever read your own posts and get embarrassed?