Nick Diaz vs Lyoto Machida @ 185

button_manbutton_man Posts: 1,950Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Who you got @ MW Diaz vs Machida?

Nick Diaz vs Lyoto Machida @ 185

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• button_manbutton_man Posts: 1,950Free
    Machida
    lyoto would murder diaz with his kicks and counter punches.i think it would only last 2rounds to KO diaz in this type of match up.
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    Machida
    Eight years ago, I started watching the UFC and saw his fights, but I only recently became a fan of Diaz after seeing the interviews that led up to this fight. I really like this complicated human. But, I have no delusions about him beating Lyoto Machida.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    Machida
    lyoto would probably do the helicopter kick that ryu had in street fighter 2. im sure he has something we havent even seen yet.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,635Free
    Machida
    Diazs style plays into Machidas too well, he would be countered and frustrated and it would probably just end up being a disapointment. I dont see this as a competative fight unfortunantly

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    Machida
    Diaz is over rated as hell, just like every other friggen SF champ

sorry Diaz fans.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,022Free

Machida via running

But when he does it to Hendo he "outclasses" him lmfao.
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Machida

Listen. Diaz only looks impressive when he's fighting lightweights or bums who belong in second rate organisations. His best win is a washed up lightweight BJ Penn. His best sub is a no contest to a one dimensional lightweight striker in Takanori Gomi... He's never beaten a true top 10 welterweight. Ever. The only one who might have been a top 10 welterweight at the time is Robbie Lawlor because the ufc only had 10 welterweights back then. Paul Daley is maybe the next best thing, but his greatest statement to being a top 10 welterweight is losing to Koscheck.

Diaz fans have resorted to saying Diaz can't be finished to justify why he doesn't suck... But Diaz can't finish anyone in the top 10 in the ufc either. He should just retire while there are people who still believe in his overhype.

Machida is the former lightheavyweight champ.

Diaz doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as him.

Enigma, laying down the cold, hard truths.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,022Free

Listen. Diaz only looks impressive when he's fighting lightweights or bums who belong in second rate organisations. His best win is a washed up lightweight BJ Penn. His best sub is a no contest to a one dimensional lightweight striker in Takanori Gomi... He's never beaten a true top 10 welterweight. Ever. The only one who might have been a top 10 welterweight at the time is Robbie Lawlor because the ufc only had 10 welterweights back then. Paul Daley is maybe the next best thing, but his greatest statement to being a top 10 welterweight is losing to Koscheck.

Diaz fans have resorted to saying Diaz can't be finished to justify why he doesn't suck... But Diaz can't finish anyone in the top 10 in the ufc either. He should just retire while there are people who still believe in his overhype.

Machida is the former lightheavyweight champ.

Diaz doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as him.

Damn!

Haha this post was srs business.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    edited March 2013
    I don't think much of Lyoto,he has a couple things,mainly just a counter stance and a good base but he is a bad match up for Diaz.I like Diaz versus Silva far better,i actually feel he could beat Silva,but give him very little chance versus Lytoto.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • NewGuy2000NewGuy2000 Posts: 1,618Free
    Machida
    Machida via Highlight Reel.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,764Free
    Dafuq!?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    Diaz
    I went with Diaz cause I think this one would go to a decision if it was to happen lol.
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Machida

lyoto would murder diaz with his kicks and counter punches.i think it would only last 2rounds to KO diaz in this type of match up.

Agreed. Not even close.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    Diaz
    Lyoto would run away and Diaz would cut him off and corner him against the cage and smash him with body shots.....and we all know Lyoto can't take a punch
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    Machida
    lyoto would pick diaz apart with ease...

if they set up a fight it should be diaz vs mein... they've fought a lot of the same people and diaz needs to actually prove his worth now...
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,285Free
    Machida
    zaksame said:

I don't think much of Lyoto,he has a couple things,mainly just a counter stance and a good base but he is a bad match up for Diaz.I like Diaz versus Silva far better,i actually feel he could beat Silva,but give him very little chance versus Lytoto.

Zaksame doesn't think much of Machida, I guess that settles it. Diaz by tko (intimidation)
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    This fight would go the same as every other recent Diaz fight. No, I don't mean Diaz walking around in a cage holding his hands up like "why are you so afraid to hit me". I mean as in Diaz would cry himself into submission. Though really, Diaz talks a lot about fighting, but then he walks around in a cage without ever defending himself. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to file rape charges yet on anyone.

I get this strange feeling Gracie is to Diaz what Jo Jackson was to Michael. Is that just me?
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    Machida
    NO CONTEST...Machida by KTFO