Ed Soares using RFA as a developement league for fighters to get to the UFC

wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
"I don't really look at it like I'm losing them," he said. "If they go off to the UFC, to me, I still look at like, hey, that was an RFA fighter that fights in there. Hopefully he'll become super successful in the UFC and that will give more credibility to our event. ... We're not trying to tie up fighters. We're not trying to keep them from advancing their careers. We're really, truly here as a developmental league to try to bring guys up. And also, when guys get cut from the UFC and they want to test to see where they're at in the game, it's a place where guys who are veterans can test themselves against the guys who are coming up to see if they really have it still or if maybe they should think about doing something else for a living."

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/ed-soares-and-his-refreshingly-honest-goals-with-resurrection-fighting-alliance

Seems like a good idea to me let's see if he sticks to his word if/when he gets a great talent.

Your thoughts on this?
Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    Too bad Bellator IS trying to tie up Eddie Alvarez and I'm sure other fighters in the future.

I think it's a good idea if he isn't blowing smoke up our asses.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,439Free
    PoloRidah said:

Too bad Bellator IS trying to tie up Eddie Alvarez and I'm sure other fighters in the future.

I think it's a good idea if he isn't blowing smoke up our asses.

Exactly my thoughts man I nearly put that in the OP they're terrified of losing their biggest star. He explained himself on MMA hour I think it was and basically said they lied to the judge saying they had a fight lined up for him when they didn't, he even said he would stay if they came to a fair agreement now we don't get to see him fight for ages it's BS!
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Interesting outlook and good for the fighters that they have a base but if the big guys come in he isnt going to stand in their way.

wonder if it is a way of keep the costs down on fighter contracts?

it's a good idea, but i hope he hires someone to matchmaking. i mean, he wanted silva to fight cung le...

lmao word!
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free

it's a good idea, but i hope he hires someone to matchmaking. i mean, he wanted silva to fight cung le...

Come on, the stand up war would be epic. You'd have 2 fighters throwing stuff that's rarely seen in MMA. Granted, I think Le gets destroyed, but in the 3, 4 minutes the fight lasts, the stand up would be epic.
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,626Free
    edited March 2013
    Is anybody watching the RFA right now?

There was just a crazy high paced fight and in the third round there was a takedown, but it ended up being a straight boxing match on the ground. It was hilarious. In the last 10 seconds both the fighters went full Donkey Kong.

The guy on his back out landed and out damaged the top fighter, and the judges actually gave him the fight!!

Why can't that happen in the UFC?

EDIT- OMG ONE PUNCH KO RIGHT AFTER !!!
    Post edited by Omoplataypus on
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

Is anybody watching the RFA right now?

There was just a crazy high paced fight and in the third round there was a takedown, but it ended up being a straight boxing match on the ground. It was hilarious. In the last 10 seconds both the fighters went full Donkey Kong.

The guy on his back out landed and out damaged the top fighter, and the judges actually gave him the fight!!

Why can't that happen in the UFC?

EDIT- OMG ONE PUNCH KO RIGHT AFTER !!!

Nah didn't even realise it was on :( I don't think I get it over here what channel did you watch it on?
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image