UFC on FX 8 - Main and Co-Main events look excellent.

JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Vitor Belfort vs. Luke Rockhold
Constantinos Philippou vs. Ronaldo Souza

C.B. Dollaway vs. Cezar Ferreira
Rafael dos Anjos vs. Evan Dunham

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV)

Hacran Dias vs. Manvel Gamburyan
Mike Rio vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Yuri Alcantara vs. Marcos Vinícius
Lance Benoist vs. Paulo Thiago
Azamat Gashimov vs. John Lineker
Roger Hollet vs. Fabio Maldonado

www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/03/ufc-on-fx-8-official-for-brazil-in-may-with-13-fights
Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
Tagged:

Comments

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Dos Anjos vs Dunham looks good too imo!
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Hellequin said:

Dos Anjos vs Dunham looks good too imo!

C.B. has the chance to beat the Brazil TUF winner Mutante too. Dollaway looked better than he has in a while in his fight with Sarafian.

This^

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    I'm pretty stoked for this card as well. Vitor is one of my favorites and I'm anxious to see how Souza does. Philippou always brings it.

On a side note I'm pretty surprised Paulo Thiago still has a job. He's 1-4 in his last 5 fights and that KO Siyar got him with was pathetic.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

On a side note I'm pretty surprised Paulo Thiago still has a job. He's 1-4 in his last 5 fights and that KO Siyar got him with was pathetic.

Well Lance is 1-2 so I'm sure whoever loses is getting the axe.

This^

dollaway vs mutante is also awesome

Beat me to it.

This^

CB fought his heart out in his last win. I hope he continues to.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Belfort -Rockhold is a beast of a fight,definitely looking forward to that one.
    Souza will lol @phillapou who doesn't belong in the big show.
    Dos Anjos is a good fight yes,after that nothing i care about, a bunch of cheap fighters used as meat/filler.

Sadly ,judging by UFC trends of not spending much on tv aired shows,they must have got either or both Rockhold and Souza cheap.Rockhold and Souza are top quality fighters,they deserve to be paid as such,but seeing as how the UFC has pretty much monopolized this sport,i doubt they are paid fair.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    Agree sick card!

Jacare is gonna finish Costa that's the fight I'm most looking forward too, Belfort should beat Rockhold and Maldonado returns can't wait!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    I'd like to see Jacare get another sick **** Kimura.

I have no doubt in my mind that Philippou is going to try and make this fight a war though. He is on a 5 fight win streak.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Pretty stacked for a free card, looking forward to it.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    Th top fights are very interesting ...

I think Vitor vs Rockhold will be a #1 contender.
    PoloRidah said:

I'd like to see Jacare get another sick **** Kimura.

I have no doubt in my mind that Philippou is going to try and make this fight a war though. He is on a 5 fight win streak.

I agree I think Costa is very underrated Jacare has really improved his striking lately and has a very good chin, survived Lawlers punches which is impressive. So I think he can hang on the feet but obviously he has a huge grappling advantage so he wants it on the ground preferably I don't see him losing.
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free

I agree I think Costa is very underrated Jacare has really improved his striking lately and has a very good chin, survived Lawlers punches which is impressive. So I think he can hang on the feet but obviously he has a huge grappling advantage so he wants it on the ground preferably I don't see him losing.

It would be very foolish of Jacare to try his stand-up against Phillipou, he should look for the takedown and dominate from there.
    Bet Record: 2-3
    Galvanik said:

It would be very foolish of Jacare to try his stand-up against Phillipou, he should look for the takedown and dominate from there.
    Yeah maybe if he just strikes the whole fight he might get decisioned but if he mixs it up, striking then looks for the takedown he will be fine. I doubt Costa can walk thru him just coz he stands with him for a while obviously the ground is the smartest gameplan but I wouldn't be shocked if he does well standing either.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    Whole main card is SICK! They should put Dias vs Gamburyan on the main card too but I doubt it, winner is pretty much Top 10, and Dias is a top prospect

But I'm also excited to see Alcantara, looked like a beast last fight against that ****, one of my favourite fighters and I think he can be a Top BW contender, even though he lost to Dias at FW
    UFC Community account: _Josh_