Why come we don't see smaller fighters on TRT?

WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,860Free
What about the 170 and below fighters?

As far as I can tell it's 185 and above fighters only

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Please discuss
The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
The Stockton Hater
209's So Fine

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    WarWest said:

What about the 170 and below fighters?

As far as I can tell it's 185 and above fighters only

Hmmmmmmmm.......

Please discuss

That's a good point and I really can't come up with a reason that might make a little sense. LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,407Free
    Some of the smaller fighters do roid though. Sherk comes to mind.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    ... Lemme get back to you on that.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • Teenage FanboyTeenage Fanboy Posts: 82Free
    Because if you roid and fights in bigger categories than your real weight/strengh you sell more PPV and gets more money than the midgets, but soon you are balls are gone and you need TRT.
    My little brazilian candy, smack:
    text
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    Because it doesn't work as well when you're lighter, just look at Hendo vs Shields.. he got dominated by a natural WW and then he beats Fedor at Heavyweight :-c
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    You posted that and then you disagreed with my post?
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,099Premium
    TRT had nothing to do with Hendo's performance against Shields.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    There's definitely something up with the whole TRT thing

How many people do you know in your everyday life that's on TRT? 0? Yeah, me too. How many people do you know in MMA that are on it? Hendo, Vitor, Chael, the list goes on and on and it's all the big names in the sport. I have a feeling that a lot of these guys did roids at some point and now need it because the roids stopped their production of testosterone or they feel that the TRT is giving them an edge to get even better and that's why they are on it. We all know that roid abuse happens and you shouldn't forbid people from being able to normalize their testosterone and have a life again, but I do think people have to accept that there may be something more at play and that's probably why they are usually bigger guys who need it
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    Sisti said:

How many people do you know in your everyday life that's on TRT? 0? Yeah, me too. How many people do you know in MMA that are on it? Hendo, Vitor, Chael, the list goes on and on and it's all the big names in the sport. I have a feeling that a lot of these guys did roids at some point and now need it because the roids stopped their production of testosterone or they feel that the TRT is giving them an edge to get even better and that's why they are on it. We all know that roid abuse happens and you shouldn't forbid people from being able to normalize their testosterone and have a life again, but I do think people have to accept that there may be something more at play and that's probably why they are usually bigger guys who need it

I suspect that roid abuse causing them to stop or slow testoserone production is the most likely reason. Why it affects only bigger guys is a bit puzzling, though my guess is that bigger guys abuse steroids harder than smaller guys to help with weight cuts.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,894Free
    Galvanik said:

Sisti said:

I suspect that roid abuse causing them to stop or slow testoserone production is the most likely reason. Why it affects only bigger guys is a bit puzzling, though my guess is that bigger guys abuse steroids harder than smaller guys to help with weight cuts.
    If you get caught Roiding and you have ruined your body's ability to produce hormones naturally I don't think you should be allowed to get an exemption for testosterone to be able to compete again.
    It's disrespectful to any opponent you may have faced while "roided up"- You shouldn't have broken the rules in the first place.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,099Premium
    It's because smaller guys bodily functions are so much faster. they're able to cycle off much much quicker and always pass drug tests.

Maybe
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,503Free
    Simple...these guys on TRT are how old?

How long have they been fighting or cutting weight?

Both of those answers for anyone 155 and below outside of Sean sherk, and BJ have not been in the game aslong as Hendo,Vitor,ect
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,950Free
    PoloRidah said:

Some of the smaller fighters do roid though. Sherk comes to mind.

lol...you beat me to it...+1