Who think Ellenberger would of beat Hendricks?

KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Both looked fantastic, but I truly believe Ellenberger would of taken that home for sure. Hendricks look good in the fact that he could implement his gameplan on Condit, but on Ellenberger I'm skeptical to if he would of done the same. Ellenberger is just as his nickname implys "The Juggernaut" and I say Jake looked like the stronger guys; plus his stand up is more versitile. Whether it would of been more effective I can't say for a fact, but I think Jake would of gave Johny the business everywhere. Plus Hendrick got clipped and staggered quite a bit. Johnys responses to getting hit leave me questionable too.. He went desperate in the opening rounds and in the 3rd kinda of when lack-a-daysical.

Who think Ellenberger would of beat Hendricks?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*

Comments

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,140Free
    No, would of lost by KO
    Hendrick's would've KO'd him. Carlos Condit grittiest fighter in the UFC WW Division.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yes, by other

I think Ellenberger is a poor man's Hendricks.

lol, no bs, but I got that vice versa imo

Ellenberger seems more polished in his stand up and grappling game than Johny. Johny looks like all overhands n' hooks w/ good wrestling
    I'd like to see them side by side because I think Ellenberger is wider, bulker and more athletic
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    No, would of lost by KO
    he has a punchers chance...but i see Hendricks mauling him for 5rnds or by KTFO...Hendricks B-)
  • kyo_sakyo_sa Posts: 1,065Free
    i was picking ellenberger before they switched it, so yes. hendricks did way better than i thought he would against condit, so im not gonna count him out so easily again, but i would still pick jake in that fight
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,328Free
    No, would of lost by KO
    Styles make fights Jake wouldn't have survived them shots Condit took imo but he also has better wrestling and one shot power than Carlos, he isn't as versatile with his striking tho so it's hard to say but I'm leaning towards Hendricks I think but if either land clean they could take it.

One of if not the best WW match up to see for sure tho.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,003Free
    I think Ellenberger is a really bad style match up for Hendricks. Just as good wrestling, heavy hands, good GnP, good chin. I like them both but I think Ellenberger has the style to beat Hendricks and I think he would have won if they fought that night.

I like both of them though and I think they are very evenly matched.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
    edited March 2013
    No, would of lost by KO

Styles make fights Jake wouldn't have survived them shots Condit took imo but he also has better wrestling and one shot power than Carlos, he isn't as versatile with his striking tho so it's hard to say but I'm leaning towards Hendricks I think but if either land clean they could take it.

you really love butts man

here, take this one

LoL nice!

What can I say I got butts on the brain 8->
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    No, would of lost a decision
    Hendricks would've smashed him in the standup. If he could land clean on Condit multiple times, he darn sure could on Ellenberger.
    Bet Record: 2-3
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,873Free
    In my honest opinion I think Jake would get decked.
    He's a swarmer- and given Hendricks showed some pretty improved fight IQ vs condit I think he get sucked into trying to find that one big shot and he'd wear a left and then goodnight Irene.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Bobo_VieriBobo_Vieri Posts: 614Free
    Yes, by KO
    Hard one to call.. Ellenberger got unlucky against Kampmann and Condit, but those two are really durable guys with a ton of heart.
    ??apparently the the only way to kill a lion is by rear naked choke?personally i?d just kick it in the head.?? ? Bas Rutten
  • secondsoutsecondsout Posts: 439Free
    Yes, by KO
    Johnny would come out bouncing and swinging and Jake would catch him.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    edited March 2013
    Yes, by KO
    Yes, Juggy would have ko'ed him.
    Post edited by GoToGuy on

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    No Hendrick's did not implement his game plan and many believe he actually lost that fight.
    His plan was to get the KO,if fails then go for TD's and Gnp.He got the TD's that was a no brainer,hardly call that a game plan,but he delivered ZERO on the Gnp.
    Condit won the battle on the ground and in round 2 and more so round 3 ,he also dominated the actual striking game.he FORCED Hendrick's out of his game and forced Johnny to go for the TD or probably get Ko'd himself.

Versus Ellenburger,that WOULD be his game plan,simply TD's and game over,no contest.He might try to strike for the first 45 seconds that would be it.There is no comparison between Condit's ground game and Jake's becuase imo Jake doesn't have one,so Hendrick's would have an easy time with Gnp.

The only real bummer i have with Hendrick's winning is that SHOULD have been a 5 round fight and imo he should have lost,Condit is the better fighter.If the better fighter [Condit] won that,there would be nobody talking about Hendrick's right now.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,114Free
    It could go either way the first one that lands a flush shot has a good chance of ko'ing the other. Would be a sick fight hopefully we see it soon......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• GfoltzGfoltz Posts: 121Free
    No, would of lost by KO
    I like the juggernot and think he's fun to watch but honestly, Hendricks is better everywhere. Much better wrestling, faster and much more power although Ellenberger is probably the second hardest hitter in the division
    Hw: Velasquez, Cormier

Lhw: Hendo, Rashad

Mw: Weidman, Sonnen

Ww: Hughes, Fitch, Hendricks

Lw: Maynard, Bendo, Chandler

Fw: Mendes

Bw: Faber

Flw: Benevidez
    No, would of lost by KO
    And i know MMAth means nothing but the last 2 ppl Hendricks beat have wins over Jake. Just sayin

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yes, by other
    Gfoltz said:

And i know MMAth means nothing but the last 2 ppl Hendricks beat have wins over Jake. Just sayin

But if you look at Hendricks's more competitive fights against guys like Kos and Story then you can tell Johnys wrestling and power is not always an X-factor to the right kind of guy.

Ellenberger looked more versitile in his stand up, probably faster and looks more athletic in his physique and movement. Johny hasn't been knocked out before, but if everytime he gets clipped he has a similar reaction to the Condit, Kos, or Story fights and can't fall back on his shot, he'll get stopped sooner than later. Plus in the 3rd when Condit was really coming on with that right hand Hendricks was getting lack-a-dazical after a clean hit; kind of just standing there right after. And Ellenberger has got nice kicks to switch things up. Hendricks is too stocky to utilize his legs as offense at their levels of competition. Conditioning I give to Jake too.

Megumi Fuji

No, would of lost by KO
    Keem said:

Gfoltz said:

But if you look at Hendricks's more competitive fights against guys like Kos and Story then you can tell Johnys wrestling and power is not always an X-factor to the right kind of guy.

Ellenberger looked more versitile in his stand up, probably faster and looks more athletic in his physique and movement. Johny hasn't been knocked out before, but if everytime he gets clipped he has a similar reaction to the Condit, Kos, or Story fights and can't fall back on his shot, he'll get stopped sooner than later. Plus in the 3rd when Condit was really coming on with that right hand Hendricks was getting lack-a-dazical after a clean hit; kind of just standing there right after. And Ellenberger has got nice kicks to switch things up. Hendricks is too stocky to utilize his legs as offense at their levels of competition. Conditioning I give to Jake too.
    I completely disagree. I think Hendricks looks faster and more athletic. And Jake better conditioning? No way.
    And the same could be said for Ellenberger having tough fights when matched up with a good wrestler who has decent stand up. Look at his fights with Sanchez and Heiron. I think Johny would destroy Story in a rematch too btw

No, would of lost by KO
    Jake had a tough time against Carlos Edwardo Rocho too

No, would of lost by KO
    Gfoltz said:

Jake had a tough time against Carlos Edwardo Rocho too

Rocha shouldn't have been cut he was an exciting fighter just had two tough losses against top wrestlers.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image