Pablo Garza aka the UFC's biggest BULLY!

Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free
A handful of people here always talk about (whine about) fighters with "massive" size advantages in their divisions telling everyone how they should stop ducking their real weight class (Anderson Silva/Jon Jones). But this is one guy that should definitely be fighting a weight or two above his current weight class which is the Featherweight division. This guy is 6'1 fighting guys that range from 5'6 - 5'11 how does that make you look? I don't want to hear "oh he has a small frame" HJFIHILHGLHJ! Terry Etim has a small frame and he was fighting at LW, the same could be said for Cerrone, Diaz, and Colin Fletcher. So Mr. Garza STOP PICKING ON SMALLER GUYZ!

Look at this guy! He looks like a freakin' welterweight!
pablo-garza-ultimate-fighter.jpg
684 x 1026 - 294K
Tagged:

Comments

• Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free
    Woah lookout featherweight divison! We got a mean one!

23829_381872484914_54673859914_3908054_7834853_n.jpg
    500 x 333 - 24K
    Look at the size advantage this guy has its insane
    a.jpg
    275 x 183 - 11K
    b.jpg
    1000 x 826 - 189K
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Height isn't a size advantage. He's very thin and against bulker guys he has trouble manipulating them or maintaining positive control ala the Porier and Bermudez fights. He's one of my fav's I forgot to put in my sig, but he not big, or at a super advantage; just reach, heart and conditioning
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • GalvanikGalvanik Posts: 1,004Free
    He looked huge in the Hominick fight, but I don't buy that being big for a division is being unfair. If he makes the weight every time, then I got no problems with it.
    Bet Record: 2-3
    Galvanik said:

He looked huge in the Hominick fight, but I don't buy that being big for a division is being unfair. If he makes the weight every time, then I got no problems with it.

IDK I don't see how you could flaunt about how you beat guys who are several inches smaller than you. It just doesn't look good on your career. Does Garza rally want to look back one day and say "Yep I remember when I knocked out Fredson Paixao I literally had to just hop two iches from the ground so that my knee connected on his chin" ??? He's talented but I can't take him seriously at featherweight.
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
    Roop at Bantamweight is not bad either. Imagine if there was no Flyweight division.

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,066Premium
    Tall skinny guys looking for a reach advantage have their weaknesses. It's up to their opponents to exploit them. Think about the way their body is built, all those extra long bones would take up a larger % of their weight, leaving them with less muscle mass then their competitors and therefore weaker, and with less protection. Take a look at how Rick Story completely smashed Dustin Hazelett with body shots. Power leg kicks also seem like a weakness for them.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

edited March 2013

Tall skinny guys looking for a reach advantage have their weaknesses. It's up to their opponents to exploit them. Think about the way their body is built, all those extra long bones would take up a larger % of their weight, leaving them with less muscle mass then their competitors and therefore weaker, and with less protection. Take a look at how Rick Story completely smashed Dustin Hazelett with body shots. Power leg kicks also seem like a weakness for them.

Stopped reading at "Dustin Hazelett". That has nothing to do with what I'm trying to explain, those two are in entirely differnet weight class.
    Post edited by Madvillain8 on
    edited March 2013
    hmmmmmmmm

Post edited by Madvillain8 on
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,408Free
    Pablo is a boss
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Bobo_VieriBobo_Vieri Posts: 614Free
    By that logic George Roop is the biggest bully.. This Garza guy is just scrawny. Sorry to dissapoint, but Jon Jones is still the most oversised guy for his division.
    ??apparently the the only way to kill a lion is by rear naked choke?personally i?d just kick it in the head.?? ? Bas Rutten
  • Built2DestroyBuilt2Destroy Posts: 288Free
    Not all tall fighters knows how to use it as an advantage , take Struve as an example.
    Norwegian guy here, so excuse my English
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Fedor beat Semmy Shilt and Hong Man Choi.
    Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt beat Stefan Struve.

It's not about size, it's about skills.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

Fedor beat Semmy Shilt and Hong Man Choi.
    Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt beat Stefan Struve.

It's not about size, it's about skills.

or just fighting where you're effective.

Struve gave Hunt more problems on the mat ya know, Hunt was best in boxing range
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate
    i remember thinking he killed that **** tiny dude with that flying knee
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

i remember thinking he killed that **** tiny dude with that flying knee

Lmfao this ^ I watched it the other day again sick KO!

Flying knee then a flying triangle against Jabouin back to back KOTN and SOTN like a boss B-)
    Bet Record- 76-43

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

A handful of people here always talk about (whine about) fighters with "massive" size advantages in their divisions telling everyone how they should stop ducking their real weight class (Anderson Silva/Jon Jones). But this is one guy that should definitely be fighting a weight or two above his current weight class which is the Featherweight division. This guy is 6'1 fighting guys that range from 5'6 - 5'11 how does that make you look? I don't want to hear "oh he has a small frame" HJFIHILHGLHJ! Terry Etim has a small frame and he was fighting at LW, the same could be said for Cerrone, Diaz, and Colin Fletcher. So Mr. Garza STOP PICKING ON SMALLER GUYZ!

sounds like hes related to KenFLO...BUT 5FT11-6FT1?...LOL..what about Struve vs Hunt? =)) GTFO

sounds like hes related to KenFLO...BUT 5FT11-6FT1?...LOL..what about Struve vs Hunt? =)) GTFO
    Thats an entirely different weight class though, Mark Hunt and Struve are at the highest weight class so there isn't anything they could do. But Garza can actually move up a weight class or two and STOP BEING A BULLY!!!
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

Thats an entirely different weight class though, Mark Hunt and Struve are at the highest weight class so there isn't anything they could do. But Garza can actually move up a weight class or two and STOP BEING A BULLY!!!
    ok...sorry :(
  • WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Gotta disagree on this one. Pablo is naturally a skinny guy, he may be tall but he lacks a lot of other things. Being taller is not always an advantage. It's easier for smaller guys to take you down and control you.

Being tall and skinny like that definitely has it's positive's and negative's, it's not always an advantage.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka

Gotta disagree on this one. Pablo is naturally a skinny guy, he may be tall but he lacks a lot of other things. Being taller is not always an advantage. It's easier for smaller guys to take you down and control you.

Being tall and skinny like that definitely has it's positive's and negative's, it's not always an advantage.

this ^ his frame is not always a benefit he got handled by Bermudez who over powered him and threw him around where as guys like Jones have serious upper body strength and chicken legs so he makes LHW but he has much more of an advantage than someone like Garza imo if we're complaining about size advantages.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    edited March 2013
    there's not much difference between 5'11 and 6'1.

Oh, and George Roop is 6'1 Bantamweight..
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
    edited March 2013

this ^ his frame is not always a benefit he got handled by Bermudez who over powered him and threw him around where as guys like Jones have serious upper body strength and chicken legs so he makes LHW but he has much more of an advantage than someone like Garza imo if we're complaining about size advantages.
    Exactly. Was thinking about his fight with Bermudez also.

And I have the same body type as Garza also. So I know by first hand experience. I have been doing MMA for 3 years now and it's almost always the smaller more compact guys who take me down and give me problems. The reach advantage does give some advantages in striking and grappling but you really have to know how use it.
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    WBW - Cat Zingano

And I have the same body type as Garza also. So I know by first hand experience. I have been doing MMA for 3 years now and it's almost always the smaller more compact guys who take me down and give me problems. The reach advantage does give some advantages in striking and grappling but you really have to know how use it.
    Yeah good point I can see why, shorter more compact guys can be more explosive with takedowns etc and out muscle guys like yourself sometimes so you have to use your own advantages to counter act it.. the difference I see with Jones is he is as big if not bigger than all his opponents in build but also taller with a gigantic reach if his legs were in propotion to the rest of him he would never make LHW lol.
    Bet Record- 76-43

image image

Yeah good point I can see why, shorter more compact guys can be more explosive with takedowns etc and out muscle guys like yourself sometimes so you have to use your own advantages to counter act it.. the difference I see with Jones is he is as big if not bigger than all his opponents in build but also taller with a gigantic reach if his legs were in propotion to the rest of him he would never make LHW lol.
    Definitely. I see what your saying with Jones. He is tall and lanky but also muscular and has a big frame. What really helps him is his leg and arm reach. And the fact that he knows how to use his reach very well on top of being a great wrestler.
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Igor Vovchanchyn - 5'8" HW and retired with a 55-10 record.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

I felt sick looking at him at the weigh ins
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • sobercorruptsobercorrupt Sobercorrupt Posts: 25,780Moderator, Ultimate

Igor Vovchanchyn - 5'8" HW and retired with a 55-10 record.

inb4cans
    imageimageimageimageimage < -- click one

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,322Free
    jon jones

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    Jbrahams said:

The difference is that Anderson and Jones are P4P, Garza......not so much

I felt sick looking at him at the weigh ins
    I wanted to throw a cheeseburger at his head