Which Champ Consistantly takes the most damage defending his title?

JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
It is clearly a sign of Dominance. Taking little to no damage while dominating or finishing your opponent is a sign of p4p greatness.
Here are some quick facts/stats. Grading on a 1-10 basis.
1 being getting your **** kicked every fight
10 being toying with your food before finishing it off.

Renan Barao: Takes minimal damage. Got rocked once by Mcdonald, but finished him. Score: 8

Jose Aldo: Never cut, never rocked, even when gassed he avoids damage. Score: 8

Benson Henderson: Snatching the title from Frankie, and defending it twice he has not been rocked, cut, bruised or ever hurt. Score: 8

George stpierre: When he dosnt LnP he takes damage in every fight. His last 3 have left him battered, bruised, bloody and injured for 6-18 months. KTFO by a LW in his first defense. Fights LWs and calls them title defenses. Score: 2

Anderson Silva: Always clowns his prey then finishes. Sonnen hit him 600 times and he didnt have a scratch. Score: 10

Jon Jones: Finishes opponents, but has to try really hard. Incredible size advantage vs. all his opponents. Machida rocked him. Score: 7

Cain Velasquez: Takes little damage in Championship bouts, but was KTFO 2 fights ago. Score: 7

After careful analysis I'm gonna have to go with Georges stpierre as the champ who seems to get beat up the most. The guy seems to be the only fighter with an ice pack at the post fight presser.
But I will give credit where it is due, the only thing keeping GSP's last two UDs from the typical 'boring gsp fight' category were his opponents.

Which Champ Consistantly takes the most damage defending his title?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
FEB. 2010
Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free
    stpierre
    Might GOAT takes no damage...just deals it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Madvillain8Madvillain8 Posts: 887Free
    stpierre
    I think the only person that really rocked Jones was Rashad,that right head kick mayne.
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,182Free
    stpierre
    Everytime George fights he asks 'Why the rush?' so him of course. He loves the grind. So with the grind will come a few bloody noses or two.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,816Free
    stpierre
    GSP easily

The hilarious part is he takes damage even when he L&P's LoL
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    stpierre

It is clearly a sign of Dominance. Taking little to no damage while dominating or finishing your opponent is a sign of p4p greatness.

Renan Barao: Takes minimal damage. Got rocked once by Mcdonald, but finished him. Score: 8

Benson Henderson: Snatching the title from Frankie, and defending it twice he has not been rocked, cut, bruised or ever hurt. Score: 8

George stpierre: When he dosnt LnP he takes damage in every fight. His last 3 have left him battered, bruised, bloody and injured for 6-18 months. KTFO by a LW in his first defense. Fights LWs and calls them title defenses. Score: 2

Anderson Silva: Always clowns his prey then finishes. Sonnen hit him 600 times and he didnt have a scratch. Score: 10

Jon Jones: Finishes opponents, but has to try really hard. Incredible size advantage vs. all his opponents. Machida rocked him. Score: 7

Cain Velasquez: Takes little damage in Championship bouts, but was KTFO 2 fights ago. Score: 7

After careful analysis I'm gonna have to go with Georges stpierre as the champ who seems to get beat up the most. The guy seems to be the only fighter with an ice pack at the post fight presser.
    But I will give credit where it is due, the only thing keeping GSP's last two UDs from the typical 'boring gsp fight' category were his opponents.

GSP...because he bruises like a Queerbecer ;)
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    stpierre

he should have a makeup artist in his corner
    FEB. 2010
    stpierre

he should have a makeup artist in his corner
    =))
    stpierre
    GSP is so dominant

Just look at that poll

Pure dominance
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    stpierre

****, i thought is was the least

L-)

classic :))
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,081Premium
    stpierre
    It's so easy to damage st Pierre.

Yet everyone still loses to him lmfao.

All that will change when Hendricks gets his shot.
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• munkiemunkie Posts: 2,538Free
    GSP takes the most damage, but that's because he puts himself in position to take the damage. Not that he puts himself in danger, but he fights up close and personal. Wrestling, on the ground, he's all about control, doesn't even attempt to thwart any strikes from the bottom. Standing, he's just not as gifted as most the other champs. Yes, GSP is probably the best athlete in professional MMA, but he's not quick like Mighty Mouse, or Silva, doesn't have the reach advantage of Barao or Jones, or Silva even, keep in mind reach being relative to the weight. He's from the same mold as Bendo and Cain, athletic as hell, but grind and dominate, except Bendo just doesn't cut or bruise. And..., using GSP getting knocked out by Serra 6 years ago as a reason he gets a 2 is **** retarded. Cain got knocked out 2 years ago, yet he's a 7? Stupid, stupid, stupid. If GSP's a 2, then Cain's 1.
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    stpierre
    Oh! Oh! ME! I know I know I know!

*AHEM*

The answer is Georges "my last opponent was the toughest fight of my life and to prove it I'll show you my boo boo's" St. Pierre
    stpierre

Oh! Oh! ME! I know I know I know!

*AHEM*

The answer is Georges "my last opponent was the toughest fight of my life and to prove it I'll show you my boo boo's" St. Pierre

Truth bombs ^^^
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free
    stpierre
    munkie said:

GSP takes the most damage, but that's because he puts himself in position to take the damage. Not that he puts himself in danger, but he fights up close and personal. Wrestling, on the ground, he's all about control, doesn't even attempt to thwart any strikes from the bottom. Standing, he's just not as gifted as most the other champs. Yes, GSP is probably the best athlete in professional MMA, but he's not quick like Mighty Mouse, or Silva, doesn't have the reach advantage of Barao or Jones, or Silva even, keep in mind reach being relative to the weight. He's from the same mold as Bendo and Cain, athletic as hell, but grind and dominate, except Bendo just doesn't cut or bruise. And..., using GSP getting knocked out by Serra 6 years ago as a reason he gets a 2 is **** retarded. Cain got knocked out 2 years ago, yet he's a 7? Stupid, stupid, stupid. If GSP's a 2, then Cain's 1.

GSP has a reach advantage in almost every fight. He has a 76 inch reach.

Jake Shields: 72 inch reach
    Josh Koscheck:73 inch reach
    Dan Hardy: 74 inch reach
    Jon Fitch: 74 inch reach
    BJ Penn: 70 inch reach
    Thiago Alves: 70 inch reach
    Matt Serra: 68 inch reach
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,182Free
    stpierre
    Well considering that Velasquez has had one title defence in which he got KTFO it would have to be him.
    I voted for GSP because he fights to avoid damage yet always gets cut, bruised and injured.
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I'd have to go with GSP just based off the cosmetic damage that's visible post fight

I still feel like the sole purpose of this thread is to give users something else to bash on GSP about though. lol

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
    stpierre
    WarWest said:

GSP is so dominant

Just look at that poll

Pure dominance

This ^^^

It's amazin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,432Free
    stpierre
    GSP guy could take one punch to the chin in the whole fight and he'd come out with a bust lip, smashed nose and two black eyes.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    stpierre

i don't see how size is relevant to vote on this poll

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!! At your vote homie!!
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine

One of the reason I typed that I feel like this is just another subliminal bash thread for GSP
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,432Free
    stpierre
    Keem said:

One of the reason I typed that I feel like this is just another subliminal bash thread for GSP
    It is I knew before entering but that's because GSP is the obvious correct answer to the topic at hand even if you like him.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    stpierre
    lol @ the noobs not voting stpierre
    FEB. 2010
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    stpierre
    Do the other champs besides GSP ever look beat up after their fights?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

this is 1 of the signs of gsp needing to retire, earlier in his career he took little to no damage, now hes coming out of fights looking worse than his opponents
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

this is 1 of the signs of gsp needing to retire, earlier in his career he took little to no damage, now hes coming out of fights looking worse than his opponents

That's not really a good reason to retire; its 5 rounds of fighting, your not always gonna walk out perfect.

If he was losing constantly, or getting finished back to back then yeah.

Megumi Fuji

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    edited March 2013
    stpierre
    1 of many signs he needs to retire..

better to retire on a high than waiting until your bj penn.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Bobo_VieriBobo_Vieri Posts: 614Free
    Velasquez
    Velasquez by a mile.. His only title defence he got KTFO haha. What are you guys even thinking voting anybody else???? Bunch of half wits on this forum. OP you are a fucktadr too.
    ??apparently the the only way to kill a lion is by rear naked choke?personally i?d just kick it in the head.?? ? Bas Rutten
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,015Free
    stpierre

Velasquez by a mile.. His only title defence he got KTFO haha. What are you guys even thinking voting anybody else???? Bunch of half wits on this forum. OP you are a fucktadr too.

The question was: "Which Champ Consistantly takes the most damage defending his title?"

Velasquez appeared to be undamaged after the fight despite getting KTFO, so who is the half wit?
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"