Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva

KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
edited March 2013 in UFC
Who do you have and why?

I got Jones because he is a stylistic beast against Silva. It could be back in forth but Jones would be the dominant force

Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    Silva ko
    Anderson will win the fight.....who wins the competition? I dunno...but it is a fact that this sport favours wrestlers.....

But I'm pretty sure Anderson would KO him in the first anyways
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    edited March 2013
    Silva ko
    Silva, probably would have fun doin' it too.
    Post edited by Bandura on

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    Jones takes him down and lands viscous hellbows until the ref steps in. That or Jones takes him down and submits him, either by a D'arce, Kimura or Americana
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,733Free
    Silva ko
    Silva via KTFO

Blee Dat
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,733Free
    Silva ko

Jones takes him down and lands viscous hellbows until the ref steps in. That or Jones takes him down and submits him, either by a D'arce, Kimura or Americana

Lmao

I like it

The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    Silva ko
    Vitor nearly caught Jones in a sub I believe Silva could do the same if he had to on the ground and striking it isn't even competitive Jones is no where near Andersons level.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Jones decision
    I want to say Silva, but I see Jones constantly taking him down for points.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    Jones other
    Jones-TKO (knee hyper-extension)
    Anderson loves leaving that lead leg out waiting for the counter.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • Bubba_PilksBubba_Pilks Posts: 8,410Free
    Jones other
    Keem said:

Who do you have and why?

I got Jones because he is a stylistic beast against Silva. It could be back in forth but Jones would be the dominant force

Stylistic nightmare for Anderson, for sure.

I honestly believe that Jones can and would take him down. Then, he would use his range to land LOTS of quick elbows, causing significant damage/cutting him up, even from Guard. He would continue to land until he drops one that hurts Anderson. I just have a real tough time seeing how Anderson could defend against Jones on the ground.

IF ( And thats a huge IF) Anderson can keep it standing. Anderson via KO. He's just too Amazing.

Anderson wins every other fight at 185 or 205 IMO and is the greatest fighter to ever compete in the octagon. Overall and P4P.

Even still, I'm pretty sure they have no desire to fight each other.
    Proud to be the Co-Founder of the GSP MAFIA !!!

Rory MacDonald: "I'm just in there to collect bodies!"

ARES, CIGANO, BONES, BARÅO
    SENATORS, PACKERS, BULLS, RED SOX

JBJF is a good poster

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    Silva ko
    Tahune said:

from strikes? Hell no man Jones couldn't do much to Rashad standing Silva would make him look amateur with his striking.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    Jones other

Tahune said:

from strikes? Hell no man Jones couldn't do much to Rashad standing Silva would make him look amateur with his striking.
    I was just **** stirring. To be honest I couldn't really say what would happen- there are too many variables
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • So_RealSo_Real Posts: 16Free
    Silva ko
    Anyone betting against Silva in this fight would be foolish. Silva would matrix the shiz out of him
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    Silva ko
    I feel it will be a dangerous fight for Anderson, but I think he could avoid the takedowns, as Jones typically favors a Greco-style takedown as opposed to a super-quick shot (like Chael.)
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,124Free
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    edited March 2013
    Silva ko
    I think Silva would win by KO assuming that Jones and Silva continues fighting in the same manner if or when they ever meet. If Jones utilized his wrestling more like he did earlier in his career, he would probably win by decision and maybe even by submission. If Jones decides to keep this fight standing like he has done since winnin the title, then Silva probably wins. This also assumes that Silva will continue fighting at this level given that he is already 38 years old.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    Silva ko
    People keep bringing up Jones' wrestling but Silva's already been caught off guard by that once, since then he's spent two or three years raining to keep wrestlers off.

Silva via Matrix

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Jones can beat Silva anytime,anywhere and anyplace ...hmm song by Nena lol.
    What would be a joke to watch is the beginning of the fight,neither Jones or Silva would commit,it would be a staring contest.Jones played that game far too long with Machida until he finally realized...wtf i am a much better fighter,why am i screwing around and took over quickly.
    Bandura said:

People keep bringing up Jones' wrestling but Silva's already been caught off guard by that once, since then he's spent two or three years raining to keep wrestlers off.

Silva via Matrix

How many years?Silva was getting man handled by not wrestling,but JUST by take downs since he began his career in mma.So how mcuh has he learned in all that time...NOTHING.

It was proven by his strategy in the rematch,rather than use any skill,he chose to play with Sonnen's head and back up to the fence to keep Sonnen from driving in on him,use the cage to help hold him up.GSP has proven that a non wrestler can learn take downs and dominate,apparently Silva can't,idk maybe too much time looking for pink shirts and dancing on tv shows.

Even the intangible of unpredictability is not in Silva's favor ,Jones is equally as unpredictable,so really Silva has nothing on him.

Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • pride4metalpride4metal Posts: 3Ultimate
    Silva ko
    Silva wins, he always finds a way to win, its so predicable
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Jones ko
    Jones via Hellbows, end of story. Even Dan Henderson made Silva look like a turtle on his back the first round, point is....if you can take him down, Silva does not have many answers when he is on his back. I call it now.....just watch Silva back up to the cage to prevent Weidman from getting a takedown.....why......because he knows he sucks on his back!!
  • cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,117Free
    Silva ko
    Silva by KO.......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    Silva ko
    elbow finishing? what's the ratio? 1%

cmon...
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Silva ko
    Silva cuz he's the GOAT!

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,239Free
    I used to think Jones might give him a run for his money possibly with takedowns and a hellbow assault but now I think Silva would wheather any early storm and tool Jones.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    Jones decision
    The last thing i want is to see Anderson Silva loose via lay n pray which is what Jones and gsp's gameplan will be. If he he looses it should be by a flying crucifix tombstone or something.
    Jones decision
    By the time this fight happens, Silva will be older and Jones will be improved. Like I said--I'd LOVE to see Silva win, but Jones would do the GSP thing; add Jones elbows.

By the time this fight happens, Silva will be older and Jones will be improved. Like I said--I'd LOVE to see Silva win, but Jones would do the GSP thing; add Jones elbows.

Jones doesn't have the hands or reflexes imo. Sure he take him down a few times but Anderson never takes any damage off his back and eventually Jones will get caught with something on the feet especially if he forces taking him down round after round.

His shoot is nowhere near as swift or smooth as Chael's nor does he flow from takedown to takedown and use TDD reactions to improve better position to the next transition to finishing the next takedown that flows. Chael is a master at that and even he had some trouble in the second fight.

Jones typically likes to work from the clinch first usually. He doesn't pump a strike in your face, cover well and plow right in there to dominant position then flow from takedown to takedown like a Chael of GSP does. He likes to establish over and under and tries to use wrist control and sometimes a Collar tie to set-up knees and elbows then he uses takedowns such as the inside trip, outside trip, lateral drop, bodylock suplex or double-leg. I believe that kind of game will allow Anderson some striking oppourtunities and if he comes in all scary and tries to force low leg takedowns or duck unders to a low bodylock or rear clinch i think he'll eat some punches or a huge knee at some point.

Anderson is too fast, learns people's game quickly, has amazing accuracy, great reflexes and timing. He's so confident he'll let you commit and almost not move at all then he counters when you're well over half way into the movement and can't retract/redirect your momentum.

I just think Jon is going to have to deal with Anderson's stand-up at some point and he's going to get tooled mainly because he doesn't have boxing defense and he's slower maybe not in explosiveness but in quickness and there is a difference. He's also slower in awareness and mind when it comes to striking.

Post edited by StompGrind on
  • SuperFightFanSuperFightFan Posts: 40Free
    Silva ko
    Jones chin would be his problem
    Jones decision

Jones doesn't have the hands or reflexes imo. Sure he take him down a few times but Anderson never takes any damage off his back and eventually Jones will get caught with something on the feet especially if he forces taking him down round after round.

His shoot is nowhere near as swift or smooth as Chael's nor does he flow from takedown to takedown and use TDD reactions to improve better position to the next transition to finishing the next takedown that flows. Chael is a master at that and even he had some trouble in the second fight.

Jones typically likes to work from the clinch first usually. He doesn't pump a strike in your face, cover well and plow right in there to dominant position then flow from takedown to takedown like a Chael of GSP does. He likes to establish over and under and tries to use wrist control and sometimes a Collar tie to set-up knees and elbows then he uses takedowns such as the inside trip, outside trip, lateral drop, bodylock suplex or double-leg. I believe that kind of game will allow Anderson some striking oppourtunities and if he comes in all scary and tries to force low leg takedowns or duck unders to a low bodylock or rear clinch i think he'll eat some punches or a huge knee at some point.

Anderson is too fast, learns people's game quickly, has amazing accuracy, great reflexes and timing. He's so confident he'll let you commit and almost not move at all then he counters when you're well over half way into the movement and can't retract/redirect your momentum.

I just think Jon is going to have to deal with Anderson's stand-up at some point and he's going to get tooled mainly because he doesn't have boxing defense and he's slower maybe not in explosiveness but in quickness and there is a difference. He's also slower in awareness and mind when it comes to striking.

I agree with you on Silva, but Silva has to be in that position to show off his Spider skills. Chael's GnP is nothing compared to Jones's GnP. Jones is more athletic, bigger and stronger than Sonnen. And has more skillsets that he keeps adding on. The real question is what would be different on the ground for Silva? Jones would have to be very improved on BJJ to avoid what Vitor almost did to him, because you better believe Silva would pull it off.

If Jones was dumb, he'd stand with Silva and fail. If it goes to the ground, it's anyone's game.

Seems like no ones showing Jones enough love in the stand up lol. I actually believe Jones takes it standing. Anderson might put some good hands in there somewhere, but I see Jones hitting Silva with everything but the kitchen sink. Anderson might eat most of it, but would be taking a lot of Jones feet and elbows to the face
    Post edited by Keem on
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*